Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 6 October 2017, 02:45
What could possibly go wrong?

Now supposedly, if you run the tail number via FAA site, it comes back to a different plane and some other guy and is listed as inactive.

Flightaware pulls its info from the FAA site, sooo, has it been scrubbed by FAA?

The fuel tanks he shot belong to "Janet" flights

Volant/Janet connections?

Sure are a lot of things that make you go hmmm
Old 6 October 2017, 02:59
Confirmed User

This guy might've had several plans for all that we know. Investigation might uncover some of them, but given how their author performed a self-inflicted exitus we might never know the full truth.

Maybe the explosives were a leftover from his earlier plans. Or maybe he really thought he could relocate to a safe location, prep explosives and hit another target. Maybe he actually had several targets to hit that night. Maybe he wanted to drive into the crowd and then detonate. Maybe, maybe, maybe.
Old 6 October 2017, 06:10
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp52 View Post
People may have to live with "I don't know" and lack of closure, which is difficult for our hardwired brains to accept.
It's Chinatown, Jake.
Old 6 October 2017, 06:43
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509 View Post
Have you (or anyone) heard whether or not his car was parked where he could see it from his suite?
Are you saying that shooting the tannerite would provide the detonation to set off the ammonium nitrate? Makes sense, but only if his car was parked on the street and he could see the tannerite container inside on the seat. Perhaps that was part of the plan that got shelved or just didn't work out. We'll never know, and on that point I'm glad we won't.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 6 October 2017, 06:44
Confirmed User

I'd like to know how this 'insane' accountant/real estate magnet became a multi-millionaire, spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on aircraft, lengthy hotel stays, travel, gambling and weaponry..... and still had time for his day job...... yet left no electronic trail.

For a supposedly very 'private guy', those transactions don't add up.
Old 6 October 2017, 07:45
It is what it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
through violent movies and video games
This. Great post, but this matches his actions perfectly imo. A lot of violent shooting games are exactly like his actions. I never actually thought about speculatting off of influence.
Old 6 October 2017, 08:16
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
I don't think people are focusing on the fact that he is insane because they simply refuse to believe he is insane. It's the fact that him being insane doesn't explain any of the other shit that has been uncovered.

Him being insane doesn't explain why there was a chick telling people that "they are all going to die tonight, they're all around" 45 minutes before the shooting started.

Him being insane doesn't explain the neighbors seeing his GF/ex GF packing her car "like she was never going to come back" right before the trip.

Him being insane doesn't explain the 'coincidence' of the plane he sold being currently registered to "US Govt Contractor". Low rent conspiracy stuff if that was it on it's own, but just add it to the list of "wtf over" stuff surrounding this event.

Him being "insane" (a very broad term) doesn't explain how he can apparently meticulously plan that entire thing MONTHS in advance, and according to LVMPD, also include planning for his escape (which oddly included barricading the door). Only to shoot for a few minutes, stop. Wait literally about an hour since your last shots were fired for the breaching team to come --- at which point you kill yourself.

To go through all that planning.........to conspicuously have ~23 guns in the room when you could have just bought a SHRIKE upper, a few spare barrels, whip up a crude DIAS, and link tens of thousands of rounds of belted ammo for the same price. If the guy was 'smart' enough to do all that ---- why ALL the weapons? That room looked like a friggin walmart blue-light special on firearms. I bet half of them weren't even fired. And unused "tannerite" in the car?

So either this shitbag was somehow covering the entire spread between "dumbest" and "most meticulously planned and successful" mass shooting in USA history........or it something else occurred and it wasn't just this dumbass that was involved. Personally, this guy very well may be 'insane' or just downright evil. But what about being 'insane' or evil precludes all the other possibilities? I mean, where the fuck is even the motive?? Calling him "insane" sounds more and more like what people do when they just want to drop something and not investigate further. Sure, it may fly when you got some rambling junkie shimmying down the street stabbing random people...........but this? Nah, I'm just unwilling to accept "insanity". That's MSNBC-levels of "just drop it peasant, you're getting dangerously close to thinking too much".

I can envision a LOT of evil in this crazy crazy world, and killing 58 people in some shooting event doesn't even come close to scratching the limits of what my brain can conjure up. I can come up with more fucked up shit than that while blackout drunk and watching Die Hard (which all the guys in Nakatomi plaza still had less guns than this guys did in the hotel room).

Haha. How many corporations own literally every single media outlet that shovels 24/7 pure propaganda bullshit to like 97% of the American unwashed lemming population? I think we're in the single digits now, right?
Hey, I’ve always been one to be open to conspiracy theories. especially when the number 23 factors in so prominently.

But as I get older and witness more and more of this crap, it all unfolds the same. reports of multiple shooters. reports of “roleplayer” victims. Alex Jones frothing out of his crazy mouth.

For your questions- who the hell knows? people do all kinds of dumb crap when they pull off these things. Why did the Columbine shooters take the time to make like 80 bombs and bring them all to school yet only set off one? Maybe this guy watched the YouTube video of the guy blowing his leg off by shooting a Tannerite packed lawnmower and thought he could hit hit his parked car and detonate it.

I mean, what are you trying to say? Your questions all apply in the case of if this was a government black op. Why would they scatter all these guns around? Why would their setup be so sloppy and leave so many of these questions? Couldn't they find a better patsy to fit their agenda- like how about a deranged combat vet with a MAGA hat? How would some Mexican chick know it was about to go down and shout it to randoms instead of going to a cop?

This guy was obviously a gun fag like the same people I saw at Yeager's shooting school- who would wear their kit out to lunch. These people equate stockpiles of guns with actually having a working penis of measurable length. Of course he's going to haul his precious with him to be there at the end.
22 Aug 17
Old 6 October 2017, 08:17
Confirmed User

How many 65 year old guys are COD gamers?

And, though, the anti-violent game mantra is popular with people like Dave Grossman, I don't buy into it.
There are far too many people that play the games that do not act out violently in society and those that have, almost always have other contributing factors to consider the influence of the game as primary.
Old 6 October 2017, 08:21
Authorized Personnel

Geraldo is on Fox News talking about banning "machine guns" used in Vegas, a gun regerstry and more restrictions(paraphrase) on purchasing weapons. His statement "why does anyone need 45 guns?" My answer to him is fuck you, because that's why.

Oh yeah, he prefaced his statement with "I have been around guns my whole life" like that means shit to me. I just love it when NY liberals are "people who have been around guns their whole lives" lecture the American public. NY liberals like Geraldo should Get a fucking clue and have the intellectual honesty to put out facts instead of "I think..."

America...a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots

Never trust a politician that starts with " I have always supported American’s 2nd Amendment rights but… "

I will not submit to your will. I will not be intimidated.
Old 6 October 2017, 08:27
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
Don't know about all of that, but I do know that if you're going to weld a fuel tank and don't want it to blow up you want it as full of fuel as you can get it.
Exactly, the vapor is fuel mixed with air (which contains oxygen) and can therefore ignite and if under pressure = Boom. Filling the tank removes the oxygen from the equation and therefore = No boom.
Old 6 October 2017, 08:28
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
Source?
Reported on Fox news yesterday, he was with another "person" I don't think it was the unidentified female from what I gathered, at the Mandalay bay that day. No link, it was Trace Gallagher that said it yesterday afternoon.
Old 6 October 2017, 08:30
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVmedic View Post
Reported on Fox news yesterday, he was with another "person" I don't think it was the unidentified female from what I gathered, at the Mandalay bay that day. No link, it was Trace Gallagher that said it yesterday afternoon.
Bet it was a hooker...:)

America...a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots

Never trust a politician that starts with " I have always supported American’s 2nd Amendment rights but… "

I will not submit to your will. I will not be intimidated.
Old 6 October 2017, 08:38
Sub Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
I think a lot of the rampant speculation and conspiracy theorization regarding this incident speaks to a fundamental lack of understanding regarding insanity- and the nature of the world in which we exist.

This person could have been fantasizing about this event for decades and still acting completely normal the entire time, all the while knowing that when he decided that the fun was over and it was time to cash in his chips, if you’ll pardon the expression, it was time to execute.

We notice insanity only when it manifests itself- how many people wander through life with these kinds of plans and never follow through? Probably more than we’d like to imagine.

Mental illness is legion- and only exacerbated by dysfunctional society which had become unmoored from religion (which regardless of your view on the existence of a supreme being we can agree serves as a check on the behavior of the masses) , community, family, etc.

We are bombarded with violent images daily, and taught that the wreaking of violence by a man is the height of masculinity ( read- American Sniper). We used to view killing in war as an unfortunate by product reluctantly undertaken by citizens who served for a couple of years before they returned to regular life- we now fetishize our activities on the battlefield of an endless war and have enshrined them as the benchmark of what it means to be a hero- in stark contrast to those timid souls who will only know combat vicariously through violent movies and video games and no doubt secretly yearn to measure up.

Is it any wonder that the mentally unstable seek to emulate the exploits of the parade of violence they have marched through their entire lives, without the strings of cosmic justice, a cohesive society, or even a loving family to restrain them?
Agreed. I'd also add that those speculating on theories have zero investigative experience and make the naive assumption that what they read and see in the public domain is in fact evidence. This sheriff needs to STFU about theories and stick strictly to the facts.
Old 6 October 2017, 08:41
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
This sheriff needs to STFU about theories and stick strictly to the facts.
Absolutely! He is falling prey to the media pressure now at a time when he needs to slow down and report known facts. He is certainly beginning to fuel the fires.
Old 6 October 2017, 08:46
At the Barn

[QUOTE]This guy was obviously a gun fag like the same people I saw at Yeager's shooting school- who would wear their kit out to lunch. These people equate stockpiles of guns with actually having a working penis of measurable length. Of course he's going to haul his precious with him to be there at the end./QUOTE]

This made me giggle.
Old 6 October 2017, 09:15
Genetically Deplorable

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/06/us/las...ion/index.html

So now that we know he attempted to purchase tracer rounds does that change anything? I'm starting to believe the shooting was only part of this dude's plan. But with as much planning and research as he did I believe he would have known they are double-hulled tanks virtually impenetrable by small arms far from that distance. I'm thinking the tracer rounds were for a higher kill rate than planning to attempt a fuel tank explosion. As it turns out he DID hit the tanks, but I'm guessing he was just thinking, "what the fuck, i'll try it".
Old 6 October 2017, 09:32
pumpin gas and kickin ass

This whole thing reminds me of when I was 8 and I was going to collect parts from the apartment trash to make robots.

Great in theory, but not ever really going to coagulate into a great plan.

I think this is what happens when a man-child with a budget is trained by pop culture to be a terrorist. Add psychotropic drugs, add inflammation of rhetoric in day to day life after POTUS gets elected, and he really does feel the world is ending.

All the loose ends are prolly the result of his research, and his mental fantasy of how cool he will be when he executes his plan.

It is just a testament to the power of time, patience and basically unlimited funds combined with the will to die.

Like many other fantasy based mass shooters, as soon as the first kink in his plan occurred (the security guard) his whole combat mindset collapsed because he never trained it, and his physiology and panic kick in and he advances the timeline to 'eat own gun' post haste.

This is a software problem, not a hardware problem, and will likely get worse, as it is doing, until we start raising and influencing our men to be men, and stop giving them drugs when they resist being taught to be women.
Old 6 October 2017, 10:19
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post

...So now that we know he attempted to purchase tracer rounds does that change anything?...
It doesn't change anything, it just reinforces the fact that this dickhead truly was a rank amateur because if he had actually used tracers, he would have almost immediately given away his position.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 6 October 2017, 10:31
Did...did I do that?

Lots is being made of the Cirrus aircraft he used to own, but has anyone found out what the other plane was? I'm sort of curious at this point. Also, did he have any ratings beyond Single-Engine Land? If all he wanted to do was kill a bunch of people, he could have loaded some extra gas on a plane, flown to McCarran and veered off during his final. That would have been...messy.

I'm also thinking about the supposed muzzle flashes from the 4th floor. Why was there no footage of muzzle flashes from 32? I'm assuming he was smart enough to stand back from the window a bit. But I've never been downrange in any situation. Is that effective enough to hide your muzzle flashes from your target?

And if it is, and there was a second shooter on 4 (I don't think there was, but indulge me) who was part of a grand conspiracy, wouldn't they have been smart enough to stand back a bit and hide their muzzle flashes as well?
Old 6 October 2017, 10:51
Genetically Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
It doesn't change anything, it just reinforces the fact that this dickhead truly was a rank amateur because if he had actually used tracers, he would have almost immediately given away his position.
I guess I would not categorize him as a rank amateur considering he had the op so well planned, and from a dickhead's perspective had a successful mission. He killed 58 people and caused over 500 to be injured. Hardly amateurish. The shoe-bomber, he was an amateur and an oaf. The 19 dickheads that carried out 9/11 were what I would call oafs in many ways. But like it or not they ultimately carried out an almost perfect mission. Even the best and most well-trained military teams sometimes fail to reach their objective but I would never think of them as amateurs.

It seems Paddock had bigger plans that thankfully never came to fruition. I'm not an explosives expert by any means but I do know it takes something like a blasting cap to detonate them. I have heard nothing about his ability to set off the stuff in his trunk. Maybe LE is keeping it quiet to see if there is another perp? A car bomb in the parking area would be very disruptive, especially if planned to go off as people were running back to their cars. I think that is referred to as a "secondary".

Anyway, I just would not so quickly rank him as an amateur.

Our new posting rules