SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Diving

Old 2 December 2018, 12:49
Been There Done That

eCCR and Dry suit Rec.

The kids are getting older, my son is working on his open water certification and I am getting the diving bug again. On Monday I'll have completed the TDI nitrox class and am considering doing ADV. Nitrox & Deco Diving next. Truth be told I miss being on bag and may just head down the CCR route until my son is old enough for deep technical diving.

I'm considering getting a dry suit and an eCCR and I am looking for any recommendations.

Currently considering the JJ-CCR and the Waterproof D1X. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 2 December 2018, 20:47
Confirmed User

I have a Drager Ray that I would pretty much give someone at this point if they would use it. Its SCR though.
Old 2 December 2018, 23:32
Been There Done That

The goal for me is constant PO2.
Old 3 December 2018, 00:06
Confirmed User

Understood, but I'm serious if you wanted it perhaps for your son for later on down the road I would give it away. I haven't dove in over a decade and can't ever see me diving rebreathers again. Or if someone else on here might want it.
Old 3 December 2018, 00:43
Been There Done That

That would be awesome. I'll send you a pm.
Old 3 December 2018, 08:54
Been There Done That

I've been diving my DUI FLX for over 6 years pretty much weekly, would highly recommend it.
Wife dove a DUI for fifteen prior to updating hers this year with an flx.
Folks around here have been going with Santi in the last couple years, but their boots seem to suck and get leaky.

Around here the most common units are the JJ, SF2 and fathom. What are your goals with it? Deep, caves, wrecks...also, what is available around you?
The ability to get support and parts is pretty key.

I've decided to stick with doubles after experimenting with a home built unit for years. I dive solo most of the time and it works great for my weekly meditative dive scootering into ginnie.

If I was regularly diving below 250 and sucking a ton of helium that'd be different, but i'm not, i stick with relatively shallow cave systems.
Old 3 December 2018, 15:26
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavid View Post
I've been diving my DUI FLX for over 6 years pretty much weekly, would highly recommend it.
Wife dove a DUI for fifteen prior to updating hers this year with an flx.
Folks around here have been going with Santi in the last couple years, but their boots seem to suck and get leaky.
The instructor had similar things to say about DUI vs Santi. Santi just doesn't wear as well over time and his DUI suit has been bomber. I'll probably go for a DUI drysuit.

I'm most interested in deep diving and wrecks. If I do any cave diving it would be limited as I'd like the experience but I am just not that interested in it.

Thanks for all of the replies.
Old 5 December 2018, 11:25
Been There Done That

Looking at the availability of CCR's, training, and support in my AO coupled with their travel-ability I'm thinking about moving towards the Kiss Sidekick SCR/CCR/BoB for deco and wreck dives.

Does anyone have experience with these units and side mounting?

Our new posting rules