Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Air Force Special Operations > Pararescue (PJs)

Old 18 December 2015, 10:00

Need to vet ..my husband

Hi, I am married to a man who claims to have been a PJ in the late 90s/2000s but recently I am starting to question his claims. He has shown me his DD214 with a discharge date of 10/7/98 after only 3 years' service but he states he went into black ops and this is not reflected on his DD214 (which gives a general discharge under honorable conditions for misconduct and he says misconduct is a code for going into black ops). I didn't really buy this explanation even initially, but now he has successfully claimed VA disability (there are 2 other guys who supposedly served with him who testified on his behalf that while his service records indicated a discharge date of 1998, he actually was completing missions through 2008). Is this even possible, that the VA would accept this testimony in lieu of actual records? He also states that he has been awarded several medals including MOH but they will only be awarded posthumously due to the secrecy of his work.

I believed him as I thought the VA system was pretty foolproof but now I have been reading up on all the imposter veterans and he uses a lot of the same lines/stories and now I'm worried that he might be a fraud. I am especially worried as I work in a profession regulated by the federal gov't and DEA and I am worried I could get in trouble if he is actually defrauding the VA system though I have no evidence one way or the other as he claims it's all classified. He claims to have been mentored by a particular general with whom he remains in touch; I've seen a picture of him with this general, but have never heard him actually speak to him on the phone or anything. Among other things, he claims he was the only airman to graduate marine sniper school and that he has a TC/SCI/SSBI clearance which is why he can't access any of his service records.

I believed him as I thought the VA system was pretty foolproof but now I have been reading up on all the imposter veterans and he uses a lot of the same lines/stories and now I'm worried that he might be a fraud. I am especially worried as I work in a profession regulated by the federal gov't and DEA and I am worried I could get in trouble if he is actually defrauding the VA system though I have no evidence one way or the other as he claims it's all classified. I will be happy to PM name, dob, any other personal details that may help. I have a few pictures he claims are of him in service but I have my doubts about a couple of them based on my own research. I am no expert though, and I need someone more knowledgeable in the area to tell me if there's even a chance what he's claiming may be true.

I hate to even do this, but it has gotten to the point where I'm questioning him and I need to know if he's actually a veteran (which I hope to be true) or a fraud. Thank you so much in advance.
Old 18 December 2015, 10:24
The Sagacious One

Lila,

Someone here can help you in your quest, but you need to post your introduction as directed in your welcome email.

Welcome to SOCNET.
Old 18 December 2015, 11:15
Been There Done That

PM me his name, from what you have already written he is full of shit. He got in trouble thats why his discharge is not Honorable..
Old 18 December 2015, 11:15

I'm sorry, I will do that now.
Old 18 December 2015, 11:23

PJ1 I have pmed you let me know if you need more info. Thank you!
Old 18 December 2015, 11:35
Administrator

Lady your husband is a lying fraud. His story is 100% grade A pure unadulterated bullshit.
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 18 December 2015, 11:40

That's what I was afraid of. The thing that gets me is how was he able to be awarded 80% disability from VA if everything is fake? Thank you again
Old 18 December 2015, 11:48
Valhalla July 4, 2016 RIP Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Lady your husband is a lying fraud. His story is 100% grade A pure unadulterated bullshit.
Geeze, Sharky, how can you tell?

Lila222, honey, unload at your first opportunity.
Old 18 December 2015, 11:56

Thank you all so much, although it is hard to hear. I just am worried coz he gets 80% disability checks from the va, don't they check out his files?
Old 18 December 2015, 12:00
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila222 View Post
Thank you all so much, although it is hard to hear. I just am worried coz he gets 80% disability checks from the va, don't they check out his files?
80%?!?! I had to kick and scream just to get 20%, and this lying asshat rates eighty-effin-percent?!?! AAARRRGHHH!!!! I freaking hate posers! Burn him to the ground and post his name here when you're done.
Old 18 December 2015, 12:01
Been There Done That

Quote:
I just am worried coz he gets 80% disability checks from the va, don't they check out his files?
That's a rhetorical question, right?
Old 18 December 2015, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
That's a rhetorical question, right?
Lol, I guess I'm just naive coz I thought the VA would check their own records before awarding him disability? They would just go on his word like that? I will happily post his name after this is over because this sickens me. I want to thank you all for your help and your service .
Old 18 December 2015, 12:21
Authorized Personnel

Not knowing what his claims are specifically, the VA is currently running more claims than it has in years. Simply Google fraud, posers, and VA benefits and you will see how common it is.

Posers feed on those that are unable to "verify or vett" their "classified" backgrounds. Not to mention the ease of availability for obtaining bogus DD214's. If he is a poser, don't consider yourself to be the first female that has been duped by one -- and you surely won't be the last.
Old 18 December 2015, 12:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
Not knowing what his claims are specifically, the VA is currently running more claims than it has in years. Simply Google fraud, posers, and VA benefits and you will see how common it is.

Posers feed on those that are unable to "verify or vett" their "classified" backgrounds. Not to mention the ease of availability for obtaining bogus DD214's. If he is a poser, don't consider yourself to be the first female that has been duped by one -- and you surely won't be the last.
He has the 80% for PTSD. He has two guys and a general that he says vouched for him. I'm not sure about the legitimacy of the other guys either. I've been doing some research including image searching his photos and yeah ... It's not adding up. What should I do? Can I be considered an accessory even though I have no hard proof he's defrauding them? I can't thank you all enough.
Old 18 December 2015, 13:09
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
Lila222, honey, unload at your first opportunity.
+1. If you can't trust your husband to be honest with you about his military service, what else is he lying about?
Old 18 December 2015, 13:12
Been There Done That

I really hate reading threads like this...My only recommendation is try to get solid evidence to support your suspicions before your cards on the table.
Old 18 December 2015, 13:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24/7 View Post
I really hate reading threads like this...My only recommendation is try to get solid evidence to support your suspicions before your cards on the table.
Yes that's what I'm trying to do, I don't want to falsely accuse anyone. I haven't breathed a word of my concerns to him.
Old 18 December 2015, 13:16
Confirmed User

Quote:
He has the 80% for PTSD. He has two guys and a general that he says vouched for him. I'm not sure about the legitimacy of the other guys either. I've been doing some research including image searching his photos and yeah ... It's not adding up. What should I do? Can I be considered an accessory even though I have no hard proof he's defrauding them? I can't thank you all enough.
It's possible he was legitimately injured somehow and is now telling a bunch of bullshit to make himself look good or feel better.

Black ops? Nahhhhh. Thats bullshit.

I would tread carefully in dealing with him. If he's making up a bunch of bullshit he may have mental health issues which may include his being mentally unstable or fragile.

Or he could just be a valor stealing asshole.
Old 18 December 2015, 13:20
Confronting the Reckoning

It would be a good idea to find an attorney as well, if only because it is always better to find one when the need is not urgent. Not a divorce attorney, but one who can help you to understand if you might face liabilities here (particularly because of the point you made in post #1 about your own employment). Others on here who are attorneys can make a better recommendation for the skill set and experience to look for in selecting one. x2 on the gathering solid evidence to support your suspicions.

Back to my lane.
Old 18 December 2015, 13:29
All Labs Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage12 View Post
It would be a good idea to find an attorney as well, if only because it is always better to find one when the need is not urgent. Not a divorce attorney, but one who can help you to understand if you might face liabilities here (particularly because of the point you made in post #1 about your own employment). Others on here who are attorneys can make a better recommendation for the skill set and experience to look for in selecting one. x2 on the gathering solid evidence to support your suspicions.

Back to my lane.
Good advice.

These are not little white lies. He's completely full of shit. Possibly criminal. If he lies to you about this, would you trust him in court? Make sure you cover yourself.

(The story is so far over the bullshit poser line that I originally questioned if your story was sincere or a troll job.)

Our new posting rules