Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 4 October 2017, 13:51
Authorized Personnel

Solid advise.

At the end of the day, all these companies are basically the same. Do what you're told, stay in shape, don't act like a dick and you can do well with any of them. Or poorly with any of them. Your choice.
Old 4 October 2017, 15:55

Roger that. I got 3 buddies there now. Definitely do not want to disappoint.
Old 4 October 2017, 16:24
Verified SOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Let the protests begin.... LOL
Much simpler when Dyncorp had all the TOs...
Old 4 October 2017, 16:28
Verified SOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275RLTW View Post
Then go do some more PT.
Awesome!!!!!
Old 6 October 2017, 17:28

Janus Task Order

Received this today from Janus recruiting....

Doesn't offer much, but its still under protest.

As you may have heard, the Department of State (DoS) awarded Janus the Erbil, Iraq Task Order on Thursday, 28 September 2017. As part of the federal procurement process, unsuccessful offerors are afforded an opportunity to file a protest. Janus was notified yesterday that a GAO protest has been filed by an unsuccessful bidder. While protests are not uncommon they do result in a “pause” until the protest is adjudicated. We anticipate the protest will be resolved quickly, and we will resume the mobilization at that time. Until then, we are temporarily suspending our mobilization efforts until DoS provides further direction.

We appreciate your continued patients and understanding as we all await the start of this incredibly important mission. Please keep me updated if you have any changes to your contact information so I may reach out to you as quickly as possible.

Best Regards,
Janus Recruiting Department
Old 6 October 2017, 21:30
Walk the plank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Solid advise.

At the end of the day, all these companies are basically the same. Do what you're told, stay in shape, don't act like a dick and you can do well with any of them. Or poorly with any of them. Your choice.
Add in "don't do anything to throw the spotlight on yourself"
While I was in Kabul an incident on the shooting range resulted in several guys kicked off of TO9. Some DS agents treat contractors like garbage, let the COR power go to their heads, and will drop loss of confidence letters for incidents that should be handled with an ass chewing or less. Its totally ridiculous but unfortunately this is how some of these incidents play out.
Old 7 October 2017, 15:11
Moderator Weapons & H2H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275RLTW View Post
General rules for contracting still apply, regardless of company. Read the threads here and have a long term plan. Then go do some more PT.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Rock

What people think about me is none of my business!

Thai Boxing: The sweetest science....The most brutal fighting sport in the world...Few men are cutout for it.
So for those who are not there is always Jiu-Jitsu.

YEMX
Old 8 October 2017, 00:25
Confirmed User

Yes, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive Drab View Post
Add in "don't do anything to throw the spotlight on yourself"
While I was in Kabul an incident on the shooting range resulted in several guys kicked off of TO9. Some DS agents treat contractors like garbage, let the COR power go to their heads, and will drop loss of confidence letters for incidents that should be handled with an ass chewing or less. Its totally ridiculous but unfortunately this is how some of these incidents play out.
To be 100% fair...we all know that all of the companies will, every once in a while, hire a truly special individual that will do the dumbest shit to ruin things for the rest of the professionals...

I remember that incident and, while some very competent people that did their jobs very well were let go, they did break WPS rules #412 and #413...

Don’t take any pictures with your face showing that can potentially be forwarded to others that shouldn’t have it, or could potentially be questionable in nature...

And if you decide to ignore that rule, then the other rule is don’t have your blue badge showing while you take that pic...

That picture wasn’t an issue until someone else got a hold of it, put a disparaging comment on it, and then blasted it onto the inter webs.
Old 9 October 2017, 17:55

Patients?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0369retired View Post
Received this today from Janus recruiting....

Doesn't offer much, but its still under protest.

As you may have heard, the Department of State (DoS) awarded Janus the Erbil, Iraq Task Order on Thursday, 28 September 2017. As part of the federal procurement process, unsuccessful offerors are afforded an opportunity to file a protest. Janus was notified yesterday that a GAO protest has been filed by an unsuccessful bidder. While protests are not uncommon they do result in a “pause” until the protest is adjudicated. We anticipate the protest will be resolved quickly, and we will resume the mobilization at that time. Until then, we are temporarily suspending our mobilization efforts until DoS provides further direction.

We appreciate your continued patients and understanding as we all await the start of this incredibly important mission. Please keep me updated if you have any changes to your contact information so I may reach out to you as quickly as possible.

Best Regards,
Janus Recruiting Department
Old 10 October 2017, 09:20
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRock1984 View Post
Patients?
They forgot spell check after you left, Tony...

Our new posting rules