SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 5 November 2014, 00:00
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I'm surprised Follett didn't touch a little on Freemasons in Pillars of the Earth...
The Grand Lodge of England (the country of the setting of the book) was founded in 1717, although there were lodges of Freemasons long before that, possibly as early as the 1400s.

During the middle of the 12th century in England the were guilds of operative stone masons but Freemasonry did not exist, at least as we know it.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 5 November 2014, 00:06
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smith View Post
Morals and Dogma?
...has nothing to do Freemasonry. As far as I can tell, it's little more than a collection of babblings from a weird old man.

It's like some old volume of alchemy - curious, but not chemistry.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 5 November 2014, 23:04
Been There Done That

MM, 32 Degree, Blue Mountain Lodge #34, and Baker Valley Scottish Rite.
Old 11 November 2014, 01:26
Splice the Main Brace!

MM, 3rd Degree, Solomon Lodge #20, Jacksonville, FL.
Old 12 November 2014, 07:07
A lost ball in high weeds

My long deceased uncle was a Freemason. I still have the pennies from 50+ years ago that he mashed out on some type of press. They have a bunch of Freemasonry symbols pressed in to them.
Old 12 November 2014, 08:57
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp View Post
My long deceased uncle was a Freemason. I still have the pennies from 50+ years ago that he mashed out on some type of press. They have a bunch of Freemasonry symbols pressed in to them.
Oh, God. It's not enough that the control the one dollar bill? Tey have to press stuff into coins?

Quote:
More on the Great Seal:

13 leaves in the olive branch
13 bars and stripes in the shield
13 arrows in the right claw
13 letters in the "E Pluribus Unum" on the ribbon
13 stars in the green crest above
32 long feathers on its right wing representing the 32 in Freemasonry
13 granite stones in the Pyramid. (The 13 layers represent the 13 Illuminati bloodlines)
13 letters in Annuit Coeptis
It should also be noted that the Eagle has 32 feathers right wing, but 33 in its left wing. The 32 feathers representing the number of ordinary degrees of the Scottish Rite, and the 33 feathers representing the 33 of Freemasonry. The tail feathers number 9, the number of degrees in the York Rite. The eagle itself is a prominent icon of Masonry, being used extensively in the Scottish Rite.

Looking just above the eagles head you will see 13 pentagrams within a cloud. The pentagrams are arranged in the shape of a hexagram - or greater Seal of Solomon. The hexagram is a powerful tool used by pagans to invoke Satan. It is also the sign of Anti Christ with 6 points, 6 angles and 6 planes (666).

To the sorcerer, the hexagram is a powerful tool to invoke Satan, and is a sign of Antichrist. (6 points, 6 angles, 6 planes - 666) The 5 pointed pentagrams multiplied by the 13 stars equals 65, the same cabalistic number as mentioned above. This makes one wonder with whom or what, we are to dwell in unity!

The eagle replaced the Phoenix in 1841 as the national bird. The Phoenix has been a Brotherhood symbol since ancient Egypt. The Phoenix was adopted by the Founding Fathers (Freemasons) for use on the reverse of the first official seal of the United States after a design proposed by Charles Thompson, Secretary of the Continental Congress.

To the right of George Washington's portrait on the front of the American Dollar Bill you will see the Seal of the Department of the Treasury. It comprises of a key, the scales of justice and a square which is a very important symbol in Freemasonry. If you look at the square you will see 13 holes in it. There are also 39 green dots which surround the square, key and scale. Remember 39? Thirty nine divided by two is 19.5. The number 19.5 can be seen within the design of Cydonia, Mars, Avebury, England and Washington D.C.

There is a small owl just to the left of the "1" which appears on the upper right hand corner of the Dollar Bill. From time to time politicians like Bill Clinton and George W. Bush Jr. have been caught with a camera flashing the horned owl symbol with their

On a previous page you learned that the letters on the base of the Illuminati pyramid stand for certain numbers. And all those numbers when added up equal 1776, the year the Illuminati formed.

More than one method exists for arriving at 1776. However, there is only one way to arrive at the following sequence. The Babelonian numbering system was used by the Masonic designers of the Seal. That numbering system was not based on ten, but on six. For example, "600" would be 1000, "60" would be 100 and "6" would be 10.

The Occult is Trinitarian, i.e. it's main teachings are grouped in three's. The Number Sequence "93 and 93, 93"; or 600, 60, and 6 is the "current" of the new age of Aquarius - the Water Bearer, which heralds the end of the age of Pisces - the Fishes (an early symbol of Christianity) in the teachings of the Order of the Eastern Templars or O.T.O.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (76.9 KB, 344 views)
19 Oct 2017
Old 14 November 2014, 11:10
On the Extract Bird

I've been invited to a couple of lodges. I've never been one interested in clubs and clichs. I haven't even joined the VFW.
Old 14 November 2014, 13:11

+1

MM 32 here.
Old 4 January 2016, 13:43
Anesthetized User

I will be attending a dinner this coming Friday after talking with a person who is a Master Mason. Can anyone tell me what I can roughly expect, or is it simply dinner? I know there is a meeting after dinner that I cannot attend.

http://www.sacramentomasonictemple.com/

Thanks.

Support SOCNET.
Old 4 January 2016, 13:55
Been There Done That

If it's anything like our Druid Meetings watch out
Old 4 January 2016, 14:29
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post
I will be attending a dinner this coming Friday after talking with a person who is a Master Mason. Can anyone tell me what I can roughly expect, or is it simply dinner? I know there is a meeting after dinner that I cannot attend.

http://www.sacramentomasonictemple.com/

Thanks.
It's just a nice dinner, possibly an "open meeting". Enjoy.
Old 5 January 2016, 15:03
Confirmed User

32nd *, F&AM, Acorn lodge #494, Oakland,Ca.So was my Dad, lost him in 1991.He did 23 years USN, MMCS, His lodge was in Missouri,Later a Shriner.Mom was a Nurse Practitioner and She and Him would work the screenings for child burn victims at Stanford hospital.Like you said, great bunch of folks and the originators of public education in the ancient USA.Probably our most famous member would be George Washington.
Old 5 January 2016, 15:14
Confirmed User

Thank you Longrifle.You said it all right there.
Old 5 January 2016, 21:52
Been There Done That

The widow's son

Caring for widows and orphans

My father was a MM. He died of a heart attack at age 52 with 5 of us children still at home. Many people expressed sympathy at his funeral, but only a few men returned thereafter and those men who stayed involved were sincerely interested in our well-being. As time passed I asked my mother why these men made frequent visits and were so dedicated to our family. She explained that they were members of the Lodge. So I asked and I was told that I was not eligible for entry until I reached the age of 21. I was in the Army when the time arrived, so I took leave, went home and petitioned. I was found to be sound in mind and members with a belief in the Supreme Architect of the Universe and travelling under the tongue of good report. I took a second leave, went home, and was made an Entered Apprentice. As a soldier, The Lodge made arrangements for courtesy work with Killeen Lodge # 1125 and I was Passed and Raised with Texas degree work which was beautiful. Thereafter, I was surprised to learn the number of my relatives world-wide who were Members of the Craft. They never wore Masonry outwardly, but it was apparent by the way they led their lives.

The operative masons needed the support of their brothers to care for their families if tragedy struck. That concept exists as a huge part of Masonry and is the reason I asked.

My Uncle Bob: Son, you are wearing your ring in the wrong direction. The G and compass is not to tell the world that you are a Mason. They are to point to you, and in that direction to remind you to circumvent your desires, keep your passions within due bounds, and always to operate under the all seeing eye of G.
Old 5 January 2016, 22:04
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu King Lawyer View Post
Caring for widows and orphans

My father was a MM. He died of a heart attack at age 52 with 5 of us children still at home. Many people expressed sympathy at his funeral, but only a few men returned thereafter and those men who stayed involved were sincerely interested in our well-being. As time passed I asked my mother why these men made frequent visits and were so dedicated to our family. She explained that they were members of the Lodge. So I asked and I was told that I was not eligible for entry until I reached the age of 21. I was in the Army when the time arrived, so I took leave, went home and petitioned. I was found to be sound in mind and members with a belief in the Supreme Architect of the Universe and travelling under the tongue of good report. I took a second leave, went home, and was made an Entered Apprentice. As a soldier, The Lodge made arrangements for courtesy work with Killeen Lodge # 1125 and I was Passed and Raised with Texas degree work which was beautiful. Thereafter, I was surprised to learn the number of my relatives world-wide who were Members of the Craft. They never wore Masonry outwardly, but it was apparent by the way they led their lives.

The operative masons needed the support of their brothers to care for their families if tragedy struck. That concept exists as a huge part of Masonry and is the reason I asked.

My Uncle Bob: Son, you are wearing your ring in the wrong direction. The G and compass is not to tell the world that you are a Mason. They are to point to you, and in that direction to remind you to circumvent your desires, keep your passions within due bounds, and always to operate under the all seeing eye of G.
Do you actually build anything?
Old 5 January 2016, 22:09
Been There Done That

With charity, I strive to build a better world.
Old 6 January 2016, 00:35
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
Do you actually build anything?
With his post, it is clear to me what is built.

Support SOCNET.
Old 29 January 2016, 10:22
Been There Done That

Here’s an interesting one. No need for the feds, the Knights Templar can handle it.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/f...aelis-36541024
Old 29 January 2016, 11:23
Confirmed User

Raised in 96 at Escambia Lodge 15.

Our new posting rules