SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 4 October 2002, 17:24
tallia
Visitor

Is this guy for real?

I just want your opinion on this guy I just met -
He claims to be SF, Delta, but something about him sounds too much like a Tom Clancy novel. He also tells me - and others - information which I would think would be quite sensitive. Like details and dates on a certain recent operation.
I want to believe, I really, really do because I really, really like him but I can't help think that if he was for real he wouldn't talk about details or specific ops or details of kills from past ops.
Advice, please? Is he a wannabe or could he be for real?
Thanks all.
Tallia
Old 4 October 2002, 20:34
tallia
Visitor

That's what I was afraid of.

Last edited by tallia; 7 October 2002 at 00:48.
Old 4 October 2002, 21:26
BTDT

Is this guy real

tallia, Might be 18th ABD REMF!!!!!!!
Old 4 October 2002, 21:44
tallia
Visitor

I don't know what that is but he is away doing something somewhere that I would have thought was top secret.
Old 4 October 2002, 22:02
Reaper375
Visitor

Is his name Rick?

And, since it's a probability that he's a weenie.... are you cute?

hahahahah. (oh come on.. I'm just jokin)
Old 4 October 2002, 22:24
Sharky
Visitor

Re: Re: Is this guy for real?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tracy

Fake or a Bonehead. I don't know how your tastes run, but neither option sounds too hot.

Send him over here.
I'll vote all of the above. Fake AND a bonehead. And yes, do invite him on over here to socialize with his SOF brethren. That would be vaguely amusing.
Old 4 October 2002, 23:49
Just A Girl

Is he saying he's active duty? If he's retired, ask to see his DD-214. Have you seen him in uniform?

If you get him over here, I'd like to watch. This ought to be good.

Jennifer Martinez sends
"I believe this Muslim proliferation is prophecy. These people are the Anti Christ and the great holy war of Revelations is just beginning. They are the greatest threat that mankind has ever faced." - D. L. Mathers
Old 5 October 2002, 11:57
tallia
Visitor

Yes, he's active duty. Actively doing something right now, as a matter of fact. Very hush-hush, but he provided far too many details to lots of people, including dates and locations. I've seen pictures of him but I dodn't think I know him well enough to ask to see his DD214.
Thank you all for your advice. I will certainly bring him in here the first chance I get.

Last edited by tallia; 7 October 2002 at 00:49.
Old 5 October 2002, 14:49
Authorized Personnel

He's active ? What state or where is he stationed? Does he have a name and rank or do you just call him bonehead? Does he claim anything that is the paper/news sourse or do you think he is just making it up?

Usally when you hear someting to good to be true, it is
Old 5 October 2002, 16:06
Just A Girl

After giving this subject a bit more thought, if I were you I'd explain to him my concerns. If he's the real deal there's no doubt he's aware of the phony problem. I would say to him that I need to see proof of his service. The other reason besides the obvious is that if you are considering entering into a relationship with him and he's lying about this - what else would he lie about? The worst way to start a relationship is built on a foundation of lies. If he can't be honest about himself.... got to let him go.

For all you BTDTs - here's a question, would you be on the defensive if a girl asked for some type of proof to back up your claims of Special Ops service?

There are ways people can be checked out but you'd have to supply his full name, unit info, etc.

Jennifer Martinez sends
"I believe this Muslim proliferation is prophecy. These people are the Anti Christ and the great holy war of Revelations is just beginning. They are the greatest threat that mankind has ever faced." - D. L. Mathers
Old 5 October 2002, 16:33
tallia
Visitor

He is apparently right now doing his thing in a far off sandy country. He says he's stationed at Ft. Bragg. And the kills, body counts, near misses, close calls, he has more lives than a cat. Then all the stories and MOS and JSOC and
"JSOC FP-#1, B-5 C-49 en route, MSWC, Intel reports TR & AQ movement NE grid location E-8 tactical command deploy forces to intercept engage E-8 recon negative on movement further reports expected at JSOC FP-#1 ASAP movements ceased RTB scheduled" nonsense in the world won't save him!

Last edited by tallia; 7 October 2002 at 00:51.
Old 5 October 2002, 17:20
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally posted by yotanka

For all you BTDTs - here's a question, would you be on the defensive if a girl asked for some type of proof to back up your claims of Special Ops service?

Jennifer Martinez sends [/B]
Nope...not at all.... but she has to help clean out the garage to help me find it....

Regards,

Joe
Old 5 October 2002, 20:40
Reaper375
Visitor

ANY Real Deal would be happy that you care enough to ask him.
Old 5 October 2002, 20:44
cmr
Visitor

He says he works at JSOC? I know some people over there and most of them are fairly low key about their jobs. If you want to send me his name I'll ask about him. Quietly and politely, of course.
Old 5 October 2002, 21:49
Sharky
Visitor

Any girl I was dating would wait a long time before she found out I was in any SOF unit. Most real deals just dont advertise. It's very possible that he's on active duty but not doing what he claims. There was a story not many moons ago of a SEAL who was wounded in Afghanistan, barely made it out alive yada yada yada. The local paper ran the story. His whole family believed him. His mom was so proud. Turned out he was just an E-3 on a boat off the coast and never set foot in afghanistan. He damn sure wasn't a SEAL. I suspect that your situation is quite similar. Basically, if he's a fake, you dont need to be with him because he is a liar and has no honor. If he's for real, he's an idiot for discussing sensitive information on the net. That alone could see him kicked out of the Army and dishonorably discharged or even jailed. Any way you slice it, he still comes up as being an idiot and not worthy of your time. Ask him to pay us a visit here at socnet if he claims to be so high speed. It wont take long for the folks here to solve that problem.
Old 5 October 2002, 22:06
tallia
Visitor

Thank you all very much. You more than likely saved me from making a very big mistake. I appreciate your time and comments and concerns more than I can say.
Tallia
Old 5 October 2002, 22:48
Reaper375
Visitor

Here's some of the poss I've found by this shithole. The site he frequents is http://forum.ogrish.com and he posts as C49.

This shit makes me laugh -
==============================================
Hey all, I've had questions on what it's like in Afghanistan right now. I can tell you how it was when I left to go home on leave. It seems to be a popular question.

When I left for leave, the country was under military control, with the exception of terrorist cells that were hiding mostly in the mountains. C-49 Detachment teams, with the aid of SEAL Teams 2 & 10, were making cell sweeps, mostly by night, within the mountain ranges in order to weed out those remaining. Usually, the SOP upon finding a cave, is to seal it off with high explosives. Though on occasion, we've gone down inside to investigate, and get some idea of how they're being used by TR & AQ forces. The work usually consists of some long hours of hiking and searching, and is a lot of the time uneventful. The more we dig in, the fewer contacts we have. That's pretty much been our routine.

There are the occasions where we're engaged by TR or AQ forces, and 99% of the time it's ambush. Sometimes we'll take wounded, and occasionally we've lost men in these ambushes. But speaking realistically, our enemy is an unorganized one. Our response is always swift, and accurate. The last time my particular group was ambushed, we took 1 dead and 2 wounded. The official numbers on enemy KIA or taken prisoner, were 14 dead, 11 prisoner. Our particular group was operating on a 6 man element that day, so considering the numbers, we did real well.

As a soldier serving with combat units for 18 years, I do take a certain pride in my work. I believe that even with all it's problems, this country is still worth defending. I believe we finally have a leader, willing to make tough calls and get the job done. I'm happy to be serving under such a leader. Just remember everyone, that good men are over there in response to an attack that happened one year ago, against our civilians.

These men are far from home, and friendly faces. It's hard to do a job like that, when you know it's possible you may not come home. And though this is no vietnam, men are dying. So please, if you happen to see a soldier returned home, take a minute out of your day to say thank you. Not for fighting, but for taking time out of his life, to contribute to the response of over 3,000 Americans who were murdered.

That's speaking more as a father, than it is a soldier. I have a wife and child, and I can't imagine what life would be like for me now, if they had been in one of those planes, or in the World Trade Center. Even though my family wasn't, there are a lot of families that were. Don't forget about that, ever.

Show our troops some support, don't spit on them. Sorry to preach to you all, lol. I just hate to see good men cast down.

Thanks a lot folks,
C49
=========================================
And another one...
Gordesplitter2, US Army special forces. I was Ranger for a while, then went to CMF18. Currently serving with a C-49 Detachment. Nice to meet another fellow serviceman.
Sentry Removal

Here's some technique on quiet knife kills, for those that are interested in hardcore facts. The purpose of sentry removal, is to eliminate a watch position in order for one or more persons to infiltrate a guarded objective, OR for E&E, when noise or open conflict could give your position away.

There are a lot of methods for actually making the kill, but I'm only going to detail one. If anybody wants other methods, they can reply and ask about them.

Approach: The first thing you have to consider, anytime you're going to attempt a quiet kill, is your own approach. There are a lot of things to consider when you do this. First off, you don't ever want to stare at a person. There are two reasons for it. 1: Call it superstition, or a built in defense for human beings, but being stared at from a hidden observer, sets off an alarm, or a sixth sense in the body. What you want to do, is keep your targets head in sight, out of your periph. vision. Periph. is faster anyway, so it serves you well on two fronts. And you watch the head, because the head is the steering wheel of the body. All movement is directed from there, so if your target is going to turn, that will be your first warning sign.

Also on approach, you want to make sure of two more things. One, you wanna keep your center of gravity below your targets line of sight. If he DOES turn around, he's going to be staring head level first, and your lowered position is going to give you a second or two to react to the new situation. Two, you want to be careful of where you step. Put your toes on the ground first, check it for stability or obstacles which could make noise, then set your heel down. Make sure you don't give yourself away with footsteps.

Lunge: The second phase of a knife kill, is the lunge. This is where you've approached to within a few feet of the target, and you're ready to attack. You want this to be a quick motion, but you don't want to be dramatic about it. A sentry will often have watch positions overlaying his at some point, so you want to keep your movements quick, but focused. You want to lunge with your strongest leg and torso position forward to the target.

Attack: This is the gory part. As I mentioned earlier, there are a LOT of ways to attack your target once you're there. This is just one of them. In this particular scenario, I would have made my approach with my blade in the reverse grip, for my attack. So picking up on the last phase...we've made our lunge. Now, we silence our target with an initial movement. This is almost ALWAYS done by using your free hand to cover the nose and mouth. When you do that, you don't want to try and pull him backwards with arm strength. What you want to do, is step backwards, and give him a sense of being off balance. The natural reaction for a target, is to grab your arm for support, so he doesn't fall. This only helps you kill him.

Next, you want to attack him quickly, and with enough force to make sure that he doesn't recover from the shock, and yell out. In this particular technique, my first attack is going to be a straight shot forward, across the side of his neck with the reverse grip. The moment after I've reached full extention on my attack, my blade will be in front of his throat. Now I bring the tip straight back into the center of the throat, AS I'm starting to take my target to the ground. You want to be sure to take him straight down, and not make it dramatic as stated earlier. Get him down fast, but be smooth about it. As you're bringing him down, twist the blade, and rip towards your knife arm to open the wound up and let him bleed out.

Now your target is on the ground, and you've made your attack. The next thing you want to do, is make sure that you keep your head up, watching the surrounding area. Don't bother looking at your target, he's already dying. You want to make sure there are no other dangers in the area. Also, you might tilt his head forward, against the chest. Escaping air and blood from the wound makes a gurgling, or bubbling sound. Any little noise can give you away. Once he's dead, check your perimiter, and signal your team to infiltrate, or proceed with your E&E.

What if my target turns around?: This isn't impossible, in fact it happens more often than you might think. In this particular scenario, with my target turning, and me approaching in the reverse grip mode, my first reaction is going to be to lunge in those first couple of seconds of reaction time that I have. As soon as I close with my target, the attack has to be on 3 fronts, at the same time.

1) Silence the target with a hand over the mouth
2) Bring the blade hard into your targets throat, and cut deep
3) Break his platform with a quick heel to the back of the knee, and take him down to the ground

Once he's down, you can finish your throat cut, check your perimiter, and move out.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

C49
======================================

There y'all go. I'll post more if ya want, but this shit is makin me laugh too damn hard. OOOH OOOH!!! Here's my technique for slitting a bad guy's throat, 'cause when I was with BLACKHEAD FORCE, we used to parachute into the backyard, shit in their pools, and engage their dogs in hand-to-hand... and we lost a few folks, but hell... that's to be expected. By the way, I'm in a ABC-ticklemeElmo-Detachment... that's the new name for Delta Force...

Hahahaha... what a shithead.
Old 5 October 2002, 22:50
Banned User

He's a liar. NO true operator tells about what he does. Divulging information can lead to one's death. Can you say poser? I've had a clearance for 17 years. I don't say a damn thing about what I do!
Old 5 October 2002, 22:53
Reaper375
Visitor

Sorry guys, this last one is makin me laugh to damn hard NOT to post it...hahahah...

======================================
Dog Tags

Hey guys, I mentioned this to a few people in chat, who found it an interesting bit of news. Do you know why a soldier carries two dog tags? A lot of people couldn't give you details on the reason for this, so here they are.

Anytime a soldier dies, the dog tags have to be collected, of course. But sometimes, a body is too badly damaged for visual ID to remain possible. So one dog tag is taken, and the other is used for a match marker on the body itself.

This is done by wedging the tag in the soldiers teeth, and kicking his jaw shut. No joke.

I've had to do this twice, in my career. The first time, was because a mine had torn one of our boys apart. The damage was bad enough that we had to go ahead and bag him in two seperate body bags, and make sure we had a dog tag marking the body in the teeth.

The second time, was from a 40mm grenade, that had a thermite load. It burned the man beyond visual ID, and I was the one assigned to marking that body as well. This one, was particularly nasty for me. His jaw was already shut, so I had to get it open first. When I first tried, part of the skin peeled away because of the damage. So I ended up using my combat knife to pry the jaws far enough apart, to wedge the tag in place. Then I kicked his jaw shut again.

Just a fact about dog tags that I thought I'd post, along with some more experiences.

C49

====================================
Hello everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself. It was suggested that I start posting a bit on the message boards, though I don't quite know where to start. So I guess I'll just give some background on myself, and if anyone has any particular area of interest feel free to ask.

My name is Jack, and I'm currently in the US Army, serving with a C-49 Detachment, Delta, branched off of the 1st SOG. Before that I was with the 75th Ranger Battalion, entering Ranger school from where I originally started my army career in the 82nd, 505th PIR. My current MOS is 18B, serving as an E-9. I've been in the Army for 18 years, and been deployed to several combat missions spanning south america, indonesia, the middle east, the central urals and africa.

I was told that some of my training, particularly that on killing, might be an area of interest on the boards. I don't take any pleasure in it, and I don't really want to glorify it in any way, but I'll answer any questions that you all might have on that topic.

I'll end it there, I suppose I've been long winded enough now.
Take care folks,

C49 (Jack)
==========================================

HAHAHAHAHAHA... get those Thermite grenades ready for the Mark 19 MEN!!!! I've got dogtags to kick!! We in the 75th Ranger Battalion are expert dogtag kickers and sentry killers.

By the way, this fuck claims 124 CONFIRMED kills in 6 years. Damn, move over Hathcock.

Last edited by Reaper375; 5 October 2002 at 23:08.
Old 5 October 2002, 23:22
grrlcop74
Visitor

Lightbulb

Let me get this straight...you've never met him in real life, only on the internet?

Kristen

Our new posting rules