SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 17 October 2002, 23:23
Cappy's Kid

job opening in denver new spec ops

Hey, sorry to post a job on here, but you are the target crowd I need to let know about this, I am in a new spec ops unit in colorado, (arng), and we are looking for the following qualified mos's, 98C sigint, 18B, 18F, 18A00, if interested please contact me, thanks for your time.

TJ
Old 18 October 2002, 18:59
Hell on Wheels

TSOD,

Lemme guess, you work with a MAJ Don L., right?
Old 18 October 2002, 21:47
Authorized Personnel

If you join, they'll turn you into this:

http://www.coloradoguard.com/webpages/sockor_home.htm

Dave
Old 19 October 2002, 04:01
Cappy's Kid

razor

yes, I work with maj L, razor
Old 21 October 2002, 13:39
Probationary User

Great site on the Colorado NG.

I have just began looking into getting back in the ARNG. Prior service of 7 yrs - enlisted then officer - with the Arkansas ARNG. Have great OER's (Promote ahead of peers), great letters of recognition, and in great physical condition. I got out in '99 (Honorable Dischg) as an O-2 due to civilian job travel situation but the travel situation has changed. I've been looking at BUD/S (Navy) for some time as well as SF Active Duty but would be interested in any information on possibilities of getting back in the ARNG with SF unit.
Last assignment was as Battalion Reconnaissance Officer with a FA (ARNG) Battallion. Also served as TAC Officer with ARNG OCS Program.

I can imagine that all slots within the 5/19th SF (AB) are highly competitive. For officer requirements, I would be interested in any information you might have that might lead to assignment to 5/19th. Would be happy to forward military/civilian resume listing assignments/qualifications.

Thank you in advance....

Derek Mason
dmason@fcg.com
Old 22 October 2002, 13:27
Confirmed User

The REC (Readiness Enhancement Company) at the 5/19th has a great program for getting guys ready for SF. It has guys from all walks of life in it. The purpose of the company is for the guys to prove themselves to the cadre that they can cut it in SFAS and the Q. They send you when you're ready and they give a lot of great preparation.

I had the oportunity to train with them for a few months and learned so much. It was such a great environment to get motivated and get prepared for what lies ahead.

I'm not sure how you could go about to looking in to it. But we have guys that come from all over the place to train. Other units have similar programs, I believe, but I really think this one is unique.
Old 22 October 2002, 13:48
Cappy's Kid

mason

mason, I will forward your message to 5/19th for you. If not I might be heading over there today or tomorrow to give it to the right people.

TJ
Old 22 October 2002, 14:29
Probationary User

Thanks much for the information.

TSOD-K.....CPT Pennell contacted me. I'm definitely going to begin looking into this and get the paperwork going. Thanks for your help in this matter and will keep you posted.
Old 22 October 2002, 18:38
Northwind_rea
Visitor

Stampee...

If you'd be so kind. All walks of life in the REC here? Are most non-prior service, or are they mostly from the support company? What is the (roughly) average age of those in the REC. Don't you head out soon? Very best wishes to you (I dont imagine luck plays in much). Ive liked lurking your posts, because you are the insider view from the path I soon hope to follow. Thanks, Sean.
Old 22 October 2002, 23:18
Confirmed User

Wow...I have a stalker :)

I was the only non-prior in the REC. Most came from other NG units or used to be AD. A couple were even from the Navy and Marines. Avg age...I don't know, I would say around late twenties early thirties. And yes, I head out bright and early tomorrow morning. And I do believe luck has a little to do with it, so thanks.

Anyway, later.

SPC Dan

Our new posting rules