Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 12 October 2017, 20:48
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
My dog Airborne and my cat Elise

Airborne passed away in 2008, Elise is currently in the kitty hospital, not looking good, probably cancer, will know more tomorrow

Both were strays that chose me for whatever reason
Elise passed away last night, I told her to say hello to Airborne for me
Old 12 October 2017, 22:00
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Elise passed away last night, I told her to say hello to Airborne for me
Sorry for your loss!
Old 13 October 2017, 09:42
Authorized Personnel

Having two LEO's from two different agencies shot and killed within two weeks.

Rest In Peace, Brothers!
Old 13 October 2017, 13:44
Social Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
Having two LEO's from two different agencies shot and killed within two weeks.

Rest In Peace, Brothers!
RIP

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 13 October 2017, 16:08
Another pool cleaner

RIP Officers.
Old 13 October 2017, 19:50
Midgetologist

PC people, some d-bag tried to correct me when I refered to a midget as a midget. I told her I have a Phd. in Midgetology dummy believed me.

I really should become a hermit.
Old 13 October 2017, 19:54
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post

I really should become a hermit.
I have seriously been considering this. Was looking through the internet all day couple of days ago at remote properties.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 13 October 2017, 20:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
I have seriously been considering this. Was looking through the internet all day couple of days ago at remote properties.
I was in the Bitterroot Valley a few weeks ago, looking for a good spot myself; couldn’t sell it to my better .75, so I will stay in my cage a little longer and dream of freedom. If I lived in Indiana, I would have gagged & zip cuffed the bat and thrown her in a U-haul.
Old 15 October 2017, 11:22
Amatuer TerrorAstrologist

Day 10 of being on crutches. I have about 300 projects around the house that I would like to do. I’ve done enough YouTube’ing that I’m confident I can botch <50% of my projects.
"I am going to permit this thread to continue under the following conditions: 1. The original poster will cease posting like he is a skateboarder. 2. The original poster will use the search engine." -magician
Old 15 October 2017, 11:46
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
I thought about moving into TFG's basement.
Old 15 October 2017, 12:16
Confirmed User

Believe it or not, I have dedicated two months to hermit-like existence several years ago.

First week I was seriously going rabid. No phone, no Internet, no TV, no visits to town. I just realized how addicted to information noise we all are. I was simply going mad. Then a lucidness came, a kind that you have to experience to believe. I was amazed at how beautiful the flora and fauna was, how rich the sounds of weather and animals could be. I began to see and hear properly. I could wander the forest or along the shoreline of a lake in silence, just marvelling over the rapturous majesty of the nature.

Then after some time I had to return back to the greater world around me. My first impression? God what's with that noise. Noise of machines, of people, of information that sneaks uninvited into your brain making it a one-of-a-kind dumpster. I was going mad but this time in an opposite way.

It was a shocking experience. I think that one day when I retire I will do it again, this time permanently. And I envy people who have the resources and the guts to live like this.
Old 15 October 2017, 16:20
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul85 View Post
Believe it or not, I have dedicated two months to hermit-like existence several years ago.

First week I was seriously going rabid. No phone, no Internet, no TV, no visits to town. I just realized how addicted to information noise we all are. I was simply going mad. Then a lucidness came, a kind that you have to experience to believe. I was amazed at how beautiful the flora and fauna was, how rich the sounds of weather and animals could be. I began to see and hear properly. I could wander the forest or along the shoreline of a lake in silence, just marvelling over the rapturous majesty of the nature.

Then after some time I had to return back to the greater world around me. My first impression? God what's with that noise. Noise of machines, of people, of information that sneaks uninvited into your brain making it a one-of-a-kind dumpster. I was going mad but this time in an opposite way.

It was a shocking experience. I think that one day when I retire I will do it again, this time permanently. And I envy people who have the resources and the guts to live like this.
Interesting, thank you for sharing.
Old 15 October 2017, 16:33
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul85 View Post

Your Post

Hate being way down on the Appalachian Trail in the Shenandoah, miles from the nearest road, but being able to hear, in the stillness of the night (or day, for that matter) big groups of Harleys snarling up the valley road some miles away. It's the worst when that distant road is curving, miles away and a thousand feet below you, and they always seem to accelerate hard and loud coming outta the hairpins...

Had to go way back into the Grand Teton mountains to truly get away.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 15 October 2017, 17:03
Been There Done That

Misplacing my FUCKING wallet. I'm not saying lost...as a career Infantryman I refuse to say that word. I have misplaced my wallet before, but only for like a couple hours.

I never carry it in my back pocket, as a Chiropractor told me in 1988 to never sit on my wallet. I carry it in my hand or it stays in my truck console or on my nightstand. When I go to the store I put it in my front pocket.

It's been over 24 hours now. I'm thinking all the crap I'll have to go thru to replace everything, except the $115 In it I won't see again.

A first for me. I still have my original Soc Sec card.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 15 October 2017, 17:09
Authorized Personnel

Happened to me once. Went thru the nut roll of new DL, weapons card, meal card, all that 80's shit. It had gone down between the seat and seatback in my truck. I found it about a year later.
Old 15 October 2017, 17:14
Been There Done That

Lost a wallet in Valdosta GA, stupidly leaving it on a gas station counter at 4 in the morning while in the last hours of a marathon drive down from NY to FL. $400 cash, credit cards, DL, SS card, CAC, SOCOM ID, all kinds of stuff you really hate to replace.

Fast forward 8 years and I'm doing my old Biometrics work in DC, when the big GS boss comes down to see me... "there's some Sheriff on the phone who wants to talk to you..." Of course she made me take the call in her office instead of forwarding it to my desk The Sheriff had tracked me down to my job in DC somehow. Guess he used some of that cop shit they keep in the back room of his station to do so.

Seems my wallet had been recovered with EVERYTHING but for the credit cards and cash. He mailed it up to me after verifying the stuff was mine. Astounding.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 15 October 2017, 19:20
Confirmed User

Just found out my baby sisters, she is 45, best friend from high school etc just committed suicide. She was a 100% disabled Vet, PTSD, anxietys etc. She was coming home and was high jacked by two teenage girls and beaten to the point where she was in ICU. When she was released, a few days later she was found in her bathtub. OD'd on her meds. Just a tragedy..
The girls were arrested, but they were teenagers. I hope Oregon tries them as adults and ties the suicide to them.
Old 15 October 2017, 19:22
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Just found out my baby sisters, she is 45, best friend from high school etc just committed suicide. She was a 100% disabled Vet, PTSD, anxietys etc. She was coming home and was high jacked by two teenage girls and beaten to the point where she was in ICU. When she was released, a few days later she was found in her bathtub. OD'd on her meds. Just a tragedy..
The girls were arrested, but they were teenagers. I hope Oregon tries them as adults and ties the suicide to them.
That is a truly tragic story!

Rest In Peace!
Old 15 October 2017, 21:43
Been There Done That

So sorry to hear Steve.

Give your Sis a big hug from us all.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 16 October 2017, 00:02
Drawing my cutlass

Why do I have 1st Sgt Oprah's voice in my head, "you get a dummy cord and you get a dummy cord. Everyone gets dummy cords!"

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach

Our new posting rules