SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 23 January 2020, 11:35
Confirmed User

"The Last Full Measure"

The Last Full Measure-YouTube

Todd Robinson's upcoming Vietnam War drama, The Last Full Measure, is a story of two battles: One takes place during an ambush in the jungles of Vietnam in 1966, while the other unfolds more than three decades later as the survivors fight to see one pararescueman's valor posthumously recognized.

On April 11, 1966, Airman 1st Class William H. Pitsenbarger (played by Jeremy Irvine) responded to a call to evacuate casualties belonging to a company with the Army's 1st Infantry Division near Cam My during a deadly ambush, the result of a search and destroy mission dubbed Operation Abilene.

In the ensuing battle, the unit suffered more than 80 percent casualties as their perimeter was breached. Despite the dangers on the ground, Pitsenbarger refused to leave the soldiers trapped in the jungle and waved off the medevac chopper, choosing to fight, and ultimately die, alongside men he'd never met before that day.

taskandpurpose.com

I'm not sure if this belongs here in the movie forum or the Pararescue forum. This movie seems to have some good casting and looks good to me. I remember reading about Airman 1st Class William H. Pitsenbarger when his family was awarded the medal posthumously at the Museum of the US Air Force in Dayton. I had forgotten that he was originally from nearby Piqua.
Old 23 January 2020, 11:42
Confirmed User

http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=134894

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 23 January 2020, 11:46
Shakin' the bush Boss

Tried to merge the threads, but don't have the mod permissions.
Old 23 January 2020, 11:46
Confirmed User

I had searched for a thread on this, but not well enough apparently. I apologize.

Our new posting rules