SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 22 January 2020, 10:35

Glad to hear it worked out.
Old 22 January 2020, 11:19
Involuntary Yoga Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve788 View Post
Glad to hear it worked out.
Me too!
You're a former GA LEO, you know that the Super Speeder ticket that gets tacked onto a "regular" speeding ticket makes it nasty. For those that I managed to confuse, that's the portion that was removed from this; the Super Speeder ticket. I'm a big boy, I was moving in between 65 and 70 in a 55, that is what I've traveled on that road for 25+ years. I was the fish that got caught this time, but I wasn't the shark that did blow by me. I'll take that ticket; which happened to be my first speeding ticket.

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 22 January 2020, 11:40
I reckon so. . .

My Last one here in our Great State was a doozy too. The ticket itself not so much, though the Trooper ( nice gent) did get me as we cycled hills appx, 300M in sync. He in front. I was flying, haha.

Anyway, the court thing was the doozy part. I pulled my record before I went and it was a blank sheet of paper with my name and etc. on it and nothing else.

I watched the Judge. Trooper was absent. She would postpone anyone who had an argument and set a new date for their trial. Folks that pled guilty, she would dismiss.
I took my chances and said, *guilty as charged*. She dismissed, I paid the court fee ($180) which is really all she was after, and out I went.

Not easy to plead guilty since I was prepared to argue.

An interesting addendum is, two or 3 Months later they arrested the Judge and she served a prison sentence (2015) for stealing those funds the statie's were supposed to get from her court.

See all the deets here->https://www.macon.com/news/local/article30172893.html

#spartaga
Old 22 January 2020, 12:07
Involuntary Yoga Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
My Last one here in our Great State was a doozy too. The ticket itself not so much, though the Trooper ( nice gent) did get me as we cycled hills appx, 300M in sync. He in front. I was flying, haha.

Anyway, the court thing was the doozy part. I pulled my record before I went and it was a blank sheet of paper with my name and etc. on it and nothing else.

I watched the Judge. Trooper was absent. She would postpone anyone who had an argument and set a new date for their trial. Folks that pled guilty, she would dismiss.
I took my chances and said, *guilty as charged*. She dismissed, I paid the court fee ($180) which is really all she was after, and out I went.

Not easy to plead guilty since I was prepared to argue.

An interesting addendum is, two or 3 Months later they arrested the Judge and she served a prison sentence (2015) for stealing those funds the statie's were supposed to get from her court.

See all the deets here->https://www.macon.com/news/local/article30172893.html

#spartaga

Noooo... I know that story!!!!
My buddy who's a sgt at Fayette Sheriff brought it up last week! Funnier... my buddy knows the solicitor that I spoke with and who treated me right, and it was that solicitor that brought the story up to him; in the same breath that he was talking about how GSP has been throwing some silly shit over the fence in the past couple years.

To your point, I walked out at $168. Fair enough.

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 22 January 2020, 21:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokeu2 View Post

To your point, I walked out at $168. Fair enough.
Good deal!

Got your PM, but can't reply, tried twice. Guess it goes with the
missing "Edit" button, on posts!
Old 24 January 2020, 00:14
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local View Post
I see where you are going with this. Innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply in traffic court.

All an officer has to say is that he has a "visual estimation" from his "training and experience" that you were going over the speed limit.

in my state the most common tickets are "clocking" tickets - where the officer holds a constant distance behind your vehicle while watching his speedo - and writes that down as your speed.

Matching someones speed perfectly, in traffic, at night, in the rain, with several cars in the way, sure sounds scientific. Never mind the fact that those speedo's are never calibrated after they leave the factory, and changing tires and wheel size can throw them off significantly, never mind the fact that accidents can throw them off, never mind we have a case on point that says when challenged, the officer must bring in documents proving the speed measuring device has been recently calibrated - and they never do when its a clocking ticket (the manufacture calibrated the speedo! why should we have too)

anyway, glad to hear you got the most important parts dismissed (the points). The rest is a wash.

regards
I got a nice dope arrest in a school zone based on clocking his speed in a school zone after I noticed the girl he was pulling up to see me and subtly wave him off. But he didn't have a very good lawyer. I will say that his speed was greater than any possible variance in the speedometer, like twenty over. I tried and failed to match his speed because he continued to accelerate and open the gap between us as my speed increased to blah blah blah whatever it was. Suspended license, warrant, dope in the shoe at booking that I shook out a "make it rain" style.

Our new posting rules