SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 19 May 2020, 22:09
Confirmed User

Here We Go Again

I would like to know where the NRA, NSSF, or the GOA are in the Breonna Taylor shooting. Three retards with badges execute a no-knock warrant in plain clothes on the wrong address.

Shoot and kill an EMT in her home, while her boyfriend initially defends the home, you know home invaders, with his legally owned firearm.

Now the EMT chick is dead, an idiot with a badge is shot in the leg, and the best part is the dude defending his home is now charged with attempted murder of a police officer. An innocent man charge because of someones else's incompetence.

Best part is nothing will happen to the cops that did this. I'm sure these most cops are not the short-bus-riding window lickers and these three cops that executed this warrant are the bad 10%

"When policemen break the law, then there isn't any law - just a fight for survival." - Billy Jack
Old 19 May 2020, 22:15
Did...did I do that?

And the guy they were looking for was already in custody. This one stinks, and it does bother me when none of the pro-gun folks make noise about any of these situations.
Old 20 May 2020, 02:40
Confirmed User

Jerome,

I just read an article that stated the residence was part of the investigation and listed on the warrant. According to an affidavit, the target of the investigation had been listing Breonna's address as his own. Also her name and D.O.B are on the search warrant along with photographs of her residence. Apparently Breonna had dated the target in the past (not her live in boyfriend) Per the affidavit, the ex was receiving packages of drugs, ( possibly synthetic drugs) at her residence. He was then allegedly taking them to trap houses to distribute. Here is the link if you are interested: https://www.whas11.com/article/news/...c-f85a9f601f7b. It appears to not be a case of LMPD hitting the wrong house.

Last edited by DRS7963; 20 May 2020 at 03:06.
Old 20 May 2020, 04:12
BTDT

The plot thickens:

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/louisv...341bd2866.html

WHO lauds lockdown-ignoring Sweden as a ‘model’ for countries going forward.

By Jackie Salo, NY Post

April 29, 2020 | 3:24pm

Next...

Old 20 May 2020, 04:45
Confirmed User

Polypro,

This was mentioned in the other article but I withheld comments until the USPS responded. USPS isn't even going to go the "no comment" route. Why are they not identifying the agency who requested assistance from the inspectors? I do know there is a task force assigned to the Louisville airport who interdict suspicious USPS and UPS packages. I screwed up in my earlier post. Synthetic drugs were not mentioned as being shipped to Taylor's house but rather what one of the suspects was charged to be possessing.
Old 20 May 2020, 10:35
Confirmed User

I guess I wasn't thinking when I read the article you posted but now I have several questions. Why was a K9 not utilized on any suspicious packages, get a search warrant for the package, ID the drug and do a controlled delivery and proceed from there? Initially I thought this shooting may have been bad intel or no investigative work, relying soley on an informant.
Old 23 May 2020, 21:55
Confirmed User

Looks like the prosecuting attorney recommended dropping the charges against the boyfriend.
Old 23 May 2020, 22:00
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowzers View Post
Looks like the prosecuting attorney recommended dropping the charges against the boyfriend.
Lest he want to commit career suicide that’s probably a prudent course of action.
Old 23 May 2020, 22:28
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
Lest he want to commit career suicide that’s probably a prudent course of action.
I hate to think it’s entirely because of public pressure and career preservation though. Several things don’t seem to add up and hopefully this isn’t a repeat of that Houston fiasco.
Old 23 May 2020, 23:39
Old and Broke

Quote:
I hate to think it’s entirely because of public pressure and career preservation though. Several things don’t seem to add up and hopefully this isn’t a repeat of that Houston fiasco.
Charges dropped because he couldn't win.

This shit is just going to increase until cops stop barging in at O'dark thirty.
Old 24 May 2020, 00:36
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN View Post
Charges dropped because he couldn't win.

This shit is just going to increase until cops stop barging in at O'dark thirty.
Understandable, but is it because Curly, Larry, and Moe faked the funk? Also why seek a “no-knock” warrant from the judge and then claim you knocked and identified yourself?
Old 24 May 2020, 08:23
Been There Done That

That operation was a complete fuck up from the start. I suspect the prosecutor dropped the charges in part because the supposed 'affiant' witnessed the perp (Glover) actually walk up to the apartment and receive a package.

I'd bet the defense would have both the affiant and Glover on the witness stand to testify to that.

Personally, I'd want that entire police squad put on suspension, and bring state and federal investigators in to sort through the mess; and start filing criminal charges.

If the PD want to use military TTPs for police operations; then they have get it right 100% of the time. No excuses.
Old 24 May 2020, 09:51
BTDT

Quote:
Understandable, but is it because Curly, Larry, and Moe faked the funk? Also why seek a “no-knock” warrant from the judge and then claim you knocked and identified yourself?
Warrants have a shelf life to serve before it has to get refreshed. As for asking for a no knock...it's to give another option in-case something changes before you serve the warrant. Just because you have a no knock warrant, doesn't mean you shall serve it as a no knock.

I'm sure the other LEO's here have done the same...request night serviceable, no knock warrants and then due to changes in our intell work up, the no knock turns into knock and announce.
Old 24 May 2020, 11:51
Confirmed User

Senator Rand Paul has also jumped into the mix:

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...den/5215149002

I met him a few years back and he's been a proponent of criminal justice reform for quite some time.

I just don't see how any quantity of drugs you can easily destroy/flush is worth the risk of a no knock warrant.
Old 24 May 2020, 12:18
BTDT

I'm sure more states will follow California, Colorado, and other sanctuary states with regards to narcotics decriminalization.

Who here still does search warrants (not talking about arrest warrants) for narcotics and what State or when was the last time you did one?

Hell, who here still has a narcotics unit, task force, or a DA who prosecutes narcotics on the local or state side?
Old 24 May 2020, 13:14
Confirmed User

18C4V, thanks for the explanation. On your other point when you mention CA and CO and narcotics decriminalization, are you referencing pot or have they quit enforcing any narcotics?
Old 24 May 2020, 14:10
BTDT

Aside from the complete psychos that just want to kill cops anytime they see them, residents shoot at cops because the cops aren't identifiable as cops, at 3AM, as they're awoken by their door being rammed off its hinges with a bunch of unintelligible yelling.

If the cops do, look and act, no different then a couple crims who just shopped on Amazon for fake badges, expect to get shot.

Yelling "police, search warrant" once, does no good at 3AM, they're asleep. How about we maybe:

All wear the same uniform, have the same gear, have a patrol car hit the lights right outside, and repeatedly yell "police, search warrant" over the PA, as the door is breached. Lets make all uniforms, I don't know, Blue? It's called "the thin blue line", not "the thin multicam line" or "the thin, undercover, blue jeans and flannel line"

Anyone can yell "police" - who in here won't smoke some "undercover" running down their hall at 3AM?

Bad guys don't want attention, they won't go the blue lights and PA route - only cops will. Body/Helmet cams should be mandatory for all warrants, then the Grand Jury can decide if they were clearly identifiable as LE before the homeowner fired - if not, no charges.

WHO lauds lockdown-ignoring Sweden as a ‘model’ for countries going forward.

By Jackie Salo, NY Post

April 29, 2020 | 3:24pm

Next...

Old 24 May 2020, 15:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18C4V View Post
I'm sure more states will follow California, Colorado, and other sanctuary states with regards to narcotics decriminalization.

Who here still does search warrants (not talking about arrest warrants) for narcotics and what State or when was the last time you did one?

Hell, who here still has a narcotics unit, task force, or a DA who prosecutes narcotics on the local or state side?
Hell we do have narc squads in the PD, sheriff’s department and the DA will prosecute if the amount is right and it is more than just a bag of pot. You may not get much time or just rehab and probation but yes throughout the state as liberal as they do prosecute narcotics. NM is about as liberal as you get and the governor keeps trying to legalize marijuana but they will still prosecute things outside of Santa Fe.....
Old 24 May 2020, 16:07
Confirmed User

We got Chesa so it's the most extreme example of decriminalization.

That being said, I feel the war on drugs has been a net negative from a societal and economical perspective for America. It's ostracized a segment of our society that could potentially be somewhat productive (or at least neutral) members of society to a social and economic drain on the country.

In college, my housemates were growing weed in our house to make a few bucks and smoke for free. It was an Asian, black and a Filipino/Hispanic guy. We got busted when out neighbor ratted us out. Our Filipino/Hispanic housemate was poor and didn't have money for a lawyer and ended up getting convicted and got booted out of school. The other 2 guys had money for lawyers and the DA dropped all charges. Last I heard, the guy who got convicted is still not working consistently while the other 2 are executives with great jobs.
Old 24 May 2020, 20:55
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
All wear the same uniform, have the same gear, have a patrol car hit the lights right outside, and repeatedly yell "police, search warrant" over the PA, as the door is breached. Lets make all uniforms, I don't know, Blue? It's called "the thin blue line", not "the thin multicam line" or "the thin, undercover, blue jeans and flannel line"

Anyone can yell "police" - who in here won't smoke some "undercover" running down their hall at 3AM?

Bad guys don't want attention, they won't go the blue lights and PA route - only cops will. Body/Helmet cams should be mandatory for all warrants, then the Grand Jury can decide if they were clearly identifiable as LE before the homeowner fired - if not, no charges.
This x 10.

I'd like a good reason why the quoted steps are not a reasonable expectation...

Our new posting rules