SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 22 May 2020, 19:34
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
By the time "we the people" cast our next ballot we will have 11 different congressional representatives that have served for OVER 40 years. For that matter, Byrd and Inouye were both well over 50 and counting when they died in office.

For decades upon decades, the American taxpayer has clearly felt well represented or else these assholes would have been sent packing a long long LONG
LONG
LONG
long time ago
I read a while back (and can probably find it again with a little searching) that most Americans think Congress needs to be cleaned out and new legislators voted into office. In the same poll, most Americans think THEIR Congressman and Senators are doing a good job.

Old 22 May 2020, 19:38
Make a desert and call it peace.

Vote fraud is real, and it comes after they have subverted the people who are notionally supposed to prosecute such offenses. This impunity has lead to the same sort of open and unashamed crimes such as the FBI, IC and DOJ spying and attempted coup, Fast and Furious gunrunning, and the current "mail in vote" vote fraud in progress.

No one is ever punished.

"It's all legit, kid." S/F...Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 22 May 2020, 20:35
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowzers View Post
I would have thought the MSM wouldn’t cover this but it was even in the NYT.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...terview-274490
ABC is reporting that he’s walking those comments back. Sadly, he will still get the so-called black vote. Because sheep...
Old 23 May 2020, 04:30

It amazes me that so many veterans are OK with draft dodgers running for, and being, Commander In Chief.

We had Clinton and George the second. (And yes for you younger folks, the National Guard was a way to avoid service back during the last draft. I remember in Jump School at Benning back in '66 that the cadre would use "NG, no good" just to piss off the guard guys who were there.)

And, what are our choices this year? Fake heel spurs and childhood asthma! They had no character back then and they have none now!
Old 23 May 2020, 12:25
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTales View Post
It amazes me that so many veterans are OK with draft dodgers running for, and being, Commander In Chief.

We had Clinton and George the second. (And yes for you younger folks, the National Guard was a way to avoid service back during the last draft. I remember in Jump School at Benning back in '66 that the cadre would use "NG, no good" just to piss off the guard guys who were there.)

And, what are our choices this year? Fake heel spurs and childhood asthma! They had no character back then and they have none now!
While Trump may have been a draft dodger, he does more to support the troops and support Veterans than the last two administrations combined. He also puts America first.

While I am not a Trump worshipper, Je has been far more good to America than Hillary would have been, and defiantly better than creepy corrupt Joe would be. Period.
Old 23 May 2020, 13:57
Been There Done That

Quote:

While I’m not a big fan of his deferments, being in the military is not a requirement to be POTUS. When it comes to my voting priorities, this is pretty far down the list, and the veterans who have been running for President lately are not helping to make me rethink that.
Old 23 May 2020, 14:20
Authorized Personnel

RichTales, the military is not suited for everybody and many that were drafted are proof. While some/many consider not having served as a black mark, I give Mr. Trump high marks for the effort he has shown.

As of now, I don't see how we will not have another 4 years of our current leader.
Old 24 May 2020, 12:39
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
How have veterans actually performed as POTUS? That record isn't a good one in terms of their wise use of the military or the support and treatment of veterans.

Would you encourage veterans to vote for one of the sycophantic generals or admirals from the Obama years who promulgated and enforced the policies of welcoming and celebrating transgendered soldiers (including paying for them to have sex change surgery and hormone therapy) or the inclusion of women into every MOS including SOF and the watering down of standards to ensure that they would be promoted?

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 24 May 2020, 14:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I read a while back (and can probably find it again with a little searching) that most Americans think Congress needs to be cleaned out and new legislators voted into office. In the same poll, most Americans think THEIR Congressman and Senators are doing a good job.

It is not really confusing. It is more of a mindset of "I kind of like my congressman but I really hate yours."

It is kind of the same situation with term limits. People advocate for terms limits as a method to get someone like Nancy Pelosi out of office. I understand and I am sympathetic to that. But do you really think her district in San Francisco is really going to elect someone more palatable?
Old 24 May 2020, 14:44
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillRoy View Post
It is kind of the same situation with term limits. People advocate for terms limits as a method to get someone like Nancy Pelosi out of office. I understand and I am sympathetic to that. But do you really think her district in San Francisco is really going to elect someone more palatable?
And her district obviously thinks she's doing a good job; otherwise she wouldn't keep getting elected.
Old 24 May 2020, 15:07
been ***** **** that

Probably only a small percentage think she is doing a good job and they are the only ones that vote, but IDK!
Old 24 May 2020, 16:12

Paul is always an enthusiastic supporter of robbing Peter to pay Paul. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 26 May 2020, 10:56
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Paul is always an enthusiastic supporter of robbing Peter to pay Paul. S/F....Ken M

You sir have successfully encapsulated the entirety of leftist politics.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old Today, 11:29
Been There Done That

We sure could use a VP candidate like Stacey Abrams right now to subdue the fans of racial injustice that plague our nation and show America how Biden and the Democrat party want to heal our nation..
Old Today, 15:06
Confirmed User

a left-leaning Democrat decides to vote for President Trump in the 2020 election.

In this 5 minute video, she explains why. It is very interesting as she talks about the 1st and 2nd Amendments importance to conservatives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJHcGBnizqU
Old Today, 16:19
Authorized Personnel

Ru Paul for Biden's VP, covers all the bases.
Old Today, 16:56
In Vino Veritas

I hate to even say it but the POTUS getting re-elected doesn’t seem very likely right now. The Left has been waiting for this exact moment and they are in full swing.
Old Today, 17:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
I hate to even say it but the POTUS getting re-elected doesn’t seem very likely right now. The Left has been waiting for this exact moment and they are in full swing.
Half of America is already blaming Trump for the virus and the civil unrest. Stupid liberals still calling Trump a fascist, yet refuse to say one negative thing about riots and looting. Have “white guilt” liberal relatives actually saying we deserve the arson and looting, since we live in a fascist state under Trump and cops are out killing blacks in record numbers. These are the people who vote.

Too many low information voters, having their emotionally driven narratives fueled right now.

I am not optimistic.
Old Today, 17:23
Renuo Victima Esse

I don't know that they are necessarily "low information" voters as much as they are voters who are voting for exactly what they want. There are people that want this type of environment and will do all that is necessary to keep it going. Question is -- are there enough people who stand against it that are willing to do all that is necessary to prevent it from happening.
Old Today, 17:31

Dudes, you need to get your head around the fact that this isn't ignorance, it's malice. It's war via the ballot box, among other methods. S/F...Ken M

- Robert E. Lee

Our new posting rules