SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 23 July 2017, 13:48
The atomic zit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
...I am still going to get with HVAC installer and ask some questions tomorrow.
Good luck!
Old 23 July 2017, 16:44
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I hate that when I am so blind I dont look at everything up close with glasses, or touch it. The water level switch was up due to water. I looked at right side where drain is, and it was dry.
So, now I have to figure out how AC people level a tray for water to move towards drain.
Once a year, or so , we squirt a small amount of bleach in the tray. It kills the crap that builds up in the lines.

A dry drain hole, try blowing in it, but be very careful that when or if it breaks loose, there will be some nasty, slimy crap oosing out.
Old 23 July 2017, 20:57
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post
Once a year, or so , we squirt a small amount of bleach in the tray. It kills the crap that builds up in the lines.

A dry drain hole, try blowing in it, but be very careful that when or if it breaks loose, there will be some nasty, slimy crap oosing out.
That is why I use a wet-dry shop-vac,
Old 25 July 2017, 19:08
The atomic zit

Teats on a boar hog...

I am fucking surrounded by them... [pissed off_face]
Old 26 July 2017, 17:31
Did...did I do that?

Holter monitors. Glad it's only for three days. Comes off tomorrow.
Old 26 July 2017, 17:44
Shakin' the bush Boss

The cucumber shits. When our cucumbers hit I love them so much and eat so many I can shit thru a keyhole at 50 meters.

Next week it'll be the blueberry shits.
Old 27 July 2017, 15:28
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
The cucumber shits. When our cucumbers hit I love them so much and eat so many I can shit thru a keyhole at 50 meters.

It's always good to upkeep a weekly regiment.
Old 27 July 2017, 16:20
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post

I'm about a week ahead of you in this respect...
Old 27 July 2017, 16:50

Apricots always clean me out. A bag of dried Apricots and I'll probably lose about 5 pounds in one go. Even more if I eat it with some French press coffee.

Smoked Salmon and blueberries though. Yeah, for some reason that concoction has me producing stuff that likely would have me listed as a war criminal by the Hague.
Old 27 July 2017, 16:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post

One summer when I was in High School this exact thing happened to us. Algae had formed in the tray and plugged up the drain hole. Didn't notice until the tell-tale water discoloration occurred on the ceiling drywall.
Old 28 July 2017, 13:54
Confirmed User

My lab is almost 14. She can't walk this morning, back legs won't work. 3rd time this month.

See the vet this afternoon, pretty sure I'm not going to like what she tells me. I love having dogs, but I really hate this part.
Old 28 July 2017, 14:50
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferryman View Post
My lab is almost 14. She can't walk this morning, back legs won't work. 3rd time this month.

See the vet this afternoon, pretty sure I'm not going to like what she tells me. I love having dogs, but I really hate this part.
Sir, my older Golden (12) is/was going through the exact same thing and we dreaded going to the vet. We have/had been giving him Gulcosamine at each feeding. Atrophy set in on his back legs/hips. Vet put him on Gabapentin 100mg and Tramadol 50mg (once each at feeding time). Miraculous. He is active (though not as much given age) but his muscles in the hind section are building up and he is much happier and back to swimming/active. Dogs are stoic for sure, but this actually worked. As an FYI, and it pains me to say it, we would have put him down to save the suffering... Good luck and hang in there.
Old 28 July 2017, 17:17
Authorized Personnel

Good afternoon cheap slobs flying on the lowest priced ticket you could find.

Yes, I know that's every single one of you.

This is your captain speaking. ...STFU and pay attention, before I have you put on the no fly list.

Since we're 30K feet above the ground, no one has a parachute and I have control of the volume...I'm going to take this opportunity to tell you about our air miles credit card.

At. Lenghth.

You see, I firmly believe that all your miseries, disillusionment and soul crushing mediocrity will be alleviated with the fantasy of all the wonderful destinations I'm about to describe to you. .....

15 minutes later he closes with "remember, you too can enjoy all the perks and trimmings of being a high class member of society without actually having to have the money to pay for it. Don't worry about that 29% interest rate! ...for a limited time only we are offering 45000 bonus miles* to new applicants"

*bonus miles expire annually. May only be used in a February 29th.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gryfen.jpg (38.1 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 31 July 2017 at 16:00.
Old 28 July 2017, 18:17
Been There Done That

Quote:

Sad. I put down my buddy this time last year. I picked him up wandering on the Appalachian Trail in 2003. He immediately bonded with me and family. I never taught him a damn thing but he understood everything I said. He just couldn't talk back. He freaked out on veterinarian visits, so I put him down myself as I have always done. With dignity. He was a mixed breed but cool looking dog. Some Aussie Shepherd some Corgi I think.

I don't envy your situation. Best Regards.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 28 July 2017, 20:28
Confirmed User

Quote:

How about swimming to lessen impact and get great exercise out of her?
Old 28 July 2017, 20:33
Confirmed User

Quote:
How about swimming to lessen impact and get great exercise out of her?
Thanks guys, appreciate the input. Unfortunately, its the big C. She's done for. Just gotta manage her pain and see how long we can go before the inevitable.
Old 28 July 2017, 20:37
Confirmed User

Quote:
Thanks guys, appreciate the input. Unfortunately, its the big C. She's done for. Just gotta manage her pain and see how long we can go before the inevitable.
Then love and spoil her as much as possible and be there with her when she passes so she remembers you forever as the one who took care of her as much as she cared for you.....
Old 28 July 2017, 20:41
Shakin' the bush Boss

Man, that sucks. Sorry for the bad diagnosis.
Old 28 July 2017, 21:17
Confirmed User

Sorry for that diagnosis. Heart Breaking. Feed her well: pick her last meal for her. Sorry dude.
Old 28 July 2017, 21:55
Did...did I do that?

Sucks badly. Glad she's had you for so long.

Our new posting rules