SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 31 July 2017, 12:06
Confirmed User

Going in for a follow up with the Orthopedic for what I had hoped was just tennis elbow, turned out to be a torn flexor tendon that has to be reattached.
It could be worse, but damn I've got shit to get done before fall and winter -- plus no stick and string this fall!
Old 31 July 2017, 12:12
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamin View Post
plus no stick and string this fall!
Some states allow the use of a crossbow during archery season for people with disabilities, even if they are temporary. If you have a hunt already planned, you may look into that. I know it's not the same, but it beats not hunting.

Good luck with the surgery.
Old 31 July 2017, 13:30
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverescue View Post
Some states allow the use of a crossbow during archery season for people with disabilities, even if they are temporary. If you have a hunt already planned, you may look into that. I know it's not the same, but it beats not hunting.

Good luck with the surgery.
Thanks -- I could get one and have access to one, but I just can't bring myself to shooting one yet. I'll just let my boys do it and enjoy the stories of their hunts.
Old 31 July 2017, 13:37
Old Scroll

Maybe I've just got no qualms about it... I took a broke-leg doe from a bedroom window in CT a few years ago. With a crossbow. Certainly had no issues with putting enough venison in the freezer that I didn't have to buy any beef for six months.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 1 August 2017, 00:09
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
Maybe I've just got no qualms about it... I took a broke-leg doe from a bedroom window in CT a few years ago. With a crossbow. Certainly had no issues with putting enough venison in the freezer that I didn't have to buy any beef for six months.

You did what ?
Old 1 August 2017, 00:22
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
I prefer the maximum standoff approach. I use that foaming thermonuclear bee-fuck that hits the nest like shaving cream from about 20' away.

Getting ready to do this to a soccer ball sized nest under a piece of play wood covering a water tank. Going to be spraying double fisted with the death foam on that attack!
Old 5 August 2017, 16:15
Confirmed User

I hate it when someone uses Handicap spot, with disabled veteran tags here in SC.
Yes, I profiled her, mid 40''s, real heavy, as not being a Veteran and 100% disabled, or missing arms or legs.
Old 5 August 2017, 16:16
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I hate it when someone uses Handicap spot, with disabled veteran tags here in SC.
Yes, I profiled her, mid 40''s, real heavy, as not being a Veteran and 100% disabled, or missing arms or legs.
Posers...I hate them! Handicap tags are one that of the most abused things on the face of the Earth.
Old 5 August 2017, 16:46
Been There Done That

My wife has handicapped placards used to hang on the rear view when she parks. ALL have been stolen and have had to have replacements issued.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 5 August 2017, 17:10
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Was she driving her husband's car?
Old 5 August 2017, 21:37
On the Extract Bird

As much as I have the upmost respect for the military, wanting to punch someone in the air force in the dick for coming through my neighborhood in his massive diesel truck, going well over 25mph, running through a stop sign and almost hitting 3 kids. The guy was quite lucky that SPD saw him and pulled him over. There were a few dads along with myself that weren't very happy with him. Doesn't seem much to me like his discipline levels that you would expect to see from the military are what his COs would like to see within our presence when we saw it. Anyways, my apologies to all air force personnel. But I would make a very safe bet that you wouldn't do that. IMHO some take the uniform to an egotistical level and have a sense of entitlement to doing whatever they would like.
Old 5 August 2017, 23:36
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
Was she driving her husband's car?
yes
Old 5 August 2017, 23:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletAim View Post
As much as I have the upmost respect for the military, wanting to punch someone in the air force in the dick for coming through my neighborhood in his massive diesel truck, going well over 25mph, running through a stop sign and almost hitting 3 kids. The guy was quite lucky that SPD saw him and pulled him over. There were a few dads along with myself that weren't very happy with him. Doesn't seem much to me like his discipline levels that you would expect to see from the military are what his COs would like to see within our presence when we saw it. Anyways, my apologies to all air force personnel. But I would make a very safe bet that you wouldn't do that. IMHO some take the uniform to an egotistical level and have a sense of entitlement to doing whatever they would like.
It's just making up for his small penis BA. Afterall, it is the Air Force.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 6 August 2017, 13:51
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
It's just making up for his small penis BA. Afterall, it is the Air Force.
Wow. A BTDT saying that is just flat out funny. I'm not even sure why, but you made my day, sir.
Old 17 August 2017, 09:10
Freelancer

Cancer and suicide.

My first coach who taught me how to play baseball died from cancer. Two back to back tours in VN. Kindest nicest guy you'd ever meet RIP Mr.Doble Semper Fi.

A childhood friends brother took his life after his father did a few years back.
Old 17 August 2017, 10:25
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Cancer and suicide.

My first coach who taught me how to play baseball died from cancer. Two back to back tours in VN. Kindest nicest guy you'd ever meet RIP Mr.Doble Semper Fi.

A childhood friends brother took his life after his father did a few years back.
Sorry to hear. My step brother's uncle took his own life on the Arthur Ravenell Bridge in Charleston after posting a goodbye note on facebook. He had a wife and a kid.
Old 19 August 2017, 13:38
Confirmed User

Having to take car back to shop and have them replace the parts they just replaced last week. The way they treat you for warranty work..
Old 22 August 2017, 22:02
Confirmed User

Commercial lawn care people who blow leaves and debris out of the client's yard and into the surrounding neighbors' yards. Then they act like they've done nothing wrong and can't understand what the neighbors are upset about.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
Old 22 August 2017, 22:56
Shakin' the bush Boss

So, I had this neighbor one time. I was renting, he was the adjacent homeowner. He was having a dispute with my landlord about where the property line was. He'd rake leaves right over to my yard and pile limbs up in my yard and shit. Just being a dick. So I went over and tried to play nice but he wasn't having it. I left a gas grill on what he though was his part of the yard and he just chucked it back over to where he though the property line was. He had a front yard that looked like the 18th green at Augusta so I got likkered up one night and went over there and sprayed "Fuck You" in his front yard with roundup.

Maybe this should have gone in the small pleasures thread.
Old 23 August 2017, 07:03
Been There Done That

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...awesomeness

Our new posting rules