SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 31 October 2018, 19:44
The atomic zit

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverescue View Post
Easy E for those of you looking for the song, it's called Still Talkin' and is NSFW (or anywhere for that matter probably)
Ya think... :/
Old 31 October 2018, 21:19
Been There Done That

Just get over it already.

We're a big fucking Melting Pot. It's not going to change but get more diverse and likely further dived. Most of the time due to a small group of people. The MSM reporting bullshit. Political divisions deepen.

There probably ain't no fixing it in the near future until the Democratic Party gets fresh leadership and move more to the center. Then the partisan bickering is much less. The MSM will actually just have to report just the news.

There used to be a more centrist even conservative wing of the Democratic Party mostly from southern states. More got done with partisanship between the 2 parties.

It's so divided now its incredible. Politicians from both sides are saying stupid shit and need reined in.

There is no or little Leadership to effectively do this now. The Democrats need to have an enema and the Republicans need to wipe their own asses better.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 31 October 2018, 22:31
Confronting the Reckoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
My experience was with a black female and the “n” word. After I heard it a couple of times I started counting and they said it seventeen times while I was pumping gas. Unbelievable.
Me too -- dining hall at my university with about four young new-to-college men. Upon later reflection, I realized that what I should do is engage the young men saying it to warn them that they are surrounded by vultures who will report them to the Bias police on campus, get them investigated, and fuck their life up on campus if they repeat those words. But as far as I'm concerned, fuck yeah 1st Amendment, brother.
Old 31 October 2018, 23:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
My experience was with a black female and the “n” word. After I heard it a couple of times I started counting and they said it seventeen times while I was pumping gas. Unbelievable.
Was the black female's personal pronoun "they" or did you assume it was "they"?

For the record (FTR), I would have assumed the black female's personal pronoun was she.

I don't which of us is correct.
Old 31 October 2018, 23:31

She identified as a plural.
Old 1 November 2018, 01:38
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage12 View Post
She identified as a plural.
That sounds like a nice way of saying that she takes up three airline seats.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 1 November 2018, 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
That sounds like a nice way of saying that she takes up three airline seats.
OOoh I like that and am totally stealing that.
Old 1 November 2018, 13:42
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
Motherfuckers. Who the fuck would use profanity around little fucking children.

Fucking assholes.
Just saw this... that Sir is hilarious!!
Old 1 November 2018, 16:42
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
Was the black female's personal pronoun "they" or did you assume it was "they"?

For the record (FTR), I would have assumed the black female's personal pronoun was she.

I don't which of us is correct.
You guys are cracking me up. Actually, I was replying to someone’s post about rap music, so it was a black female who was playing the rap music and “they” said it repeatedly. But the rapper was a he, so maybe I shouldn’t have said “they.” I’m so confused.
Old 3 November 2018, 10:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
So why aren't we flipping the script on these fools? Take a video of that shit with a cell phone and post it one social media. I am sick to death of the bullshit in society today. If I can't do it, neither should you!!

They would just become a hit on u tube with 1 million likes.

Wrong generation for that.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 3 November 2018, 10:25
Confirmed User

"I’m so confused."

It's probably related to your cis-genderedness, pronouns have become very confusing these days:)
Old 3 November 2018, 11:15
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemTech View Post
It's probably related to your cis-genderedness, pronouns have become very confusing these days:)
I saw that term the other day and I'm proud to say I have no idea what it means. I guess that makes me transphobic, homophobic, cis-genderphobic, racist and white privileged.
Old 3 November 2018, 12:35
Confirmed User

So your the one Hillary was talking about:)
Old 4 November 2018, 09:52
Confirmed User

I hate it that all of our so called "friends" and even a few family members have quit stopping by the house since we found out that Alek has SMA.. When at the soccer fields yesterday watching my 7 year olds game, I walked over to talk with someone I have known and been friends with for a minute, and he literally acted as if he just received an important phone call. Fuck him.

It is as if we have become the local family with leprosy. Good riddance, we dont want uninvited guests anyway.
Old 4 November 2018, 10:52
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just11b View Post
It is as if we have become the local family with leprosy.
I'm befuddled. All I know about SMA is what I have read from your posts. Is it contagious? If so, I could understand people treating you like polio carriers even if better should be expected from some of them, but if not, why would they act that way? Are they ostriches hiding from the reality that something similar could have happened or could happen to their own child? Are they afraid you will ask them for money? Sometimes tragedy reveals who the real friends are among those you had considered friends.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 4 November 2018, 10:54
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by just11b View Post
I hate it that all of our so called "friends" and even a few family members have quit stopping by the house since we found out that Alek has SMA.. When at the soccer fields yesterday watching my 7 year olds game, I walked over to talk with someone I have known and been friends with for a minute, and he literally acted as if he just received an important phone call. Fuck him.

It is as if we have become the local family with leprosy. Good riddance, we dont want uninvited guests anyway.
You will find out who your friends really are when there is a serious illness in the family.
Old 4 November 2018, 11:14
Professional Hunter

It boils down to the fact that a lot of people simply don't know how to deal with others who are going through serious illnesses. My pastor recently went through one and learned that lifelong "friends" simply weren't any more while he was going through it. Like he recently told me, he learned who he could truly count on to stand in the trenches with him when true trouble came onto the scene.
Old 4 November 2018, 16:23
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
You will find out who your friends really are when there is a serious illness in the family.
Spot on or a DWI etc.
Old 4 November 2018, 16:28
Freelancer

Getting my hand crushed between a log and tractor bucket.
Then later in the day having a log rack break and bury me under a bunch of wet Oak. On a positive note I was due for a "Heart Check" explosive rage tantrum.

All good now.
Old 5 November 2018, 01:39
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage12 View Post
....identified as a plural.
1RiserSlip and I (and a few others on here from my platoon and timeframe in 1/75) had a platoon sergeant that assumed everything was spoken in plural; nouns and verbs.

"Squads leaders...uh...uh....we're havings a poops meetings in the barracks-ess* afters the formations this mornings...."

His name was Hayes. We called him "Purple Hayes".

* This is no shit. This is his version of the word "barracks". It is pronounced phonetically as BARE-eks-iz

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine

Our new posting rules