SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 5 November 2018, 07:47
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
1RiserSlip and I (and a few others on here from my platoon and timeframe in 1/75) had a platoon sergeant that assumed everything was spoken in plural; nouns and verbs.

"Squads leaders...uh...uh....we're havings a poops meetings in the barracks-ess* afters the formations this mornings...."

His name was Hayes. We called him "Purple Hayes".

* This is no shit. This is his version of the word "barracks". It is pronounced phonetically as BARE-eks-iz
He was only the PSG by the Company Roster. I told him what to do mostly.

Then he in turn translated my Mountain Talk into his Southern Mississippi/Alabama Ebonics. That's just how it kinda came out.

You're spot on though.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 6 November 2018, 14:30
Authorized Personnel

I voted posts/selfies on Facebook.
Old 6 November 2018, 14:33
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph View Post
I voted posts/selfies on Facebook.
Damn attention whores.
Old 6 November 2018, 19:56
giving you a number

Voting.

Longest lines I've seen in a long time, probably because the officials feel the need to explain (in excruciating detail) the process to everyone. Takes maybe 10 seconds to print the form, 60 seconds to explain. Or, you could just print the form and ask if we have any questions. Saves 50 seconds per voter.

And, the f***ing know it all in the line. "You're disabled? Well, you can go right to the front of the line". Election official - "No, they can wait in these chairs right here until their family/etc get to the head of the line and then all go in together to vote." If you don't know what you're talking about, STFU...
Old 8 November 2018, 18:07
Been There Done That

My spouse unit telling me my ass is starting to look flatter than Hank Hills's ass.

Pfffft. I just turned the music up louder.

Inside I wanted to have one of those Ron White moments and say "Well, let me tell you something about you that YOU dont know".

Old 8 November 2018, 18:20
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
My spouse unit telling me my ass is starting to look flatter than Hank Hills's ass.

Pfffft. I just turned the music up louder.

Inside I wanted to have one of those Ron White moments and say "Well, let me tell you something about you that YOU dont know".
Better than having a fat ass. And Hank Hill is the man! My boxer dog is named after him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 8 November 2018, 18:39
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Better than having a fat ass. And Hank Hill is the man! My boxer dog is named after him.
Cool show. I like asernull's avatar of Dale Gribble. He even post like Dale would talk.

Old 8 November 2018, 18:41
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
Cool show. I like asernull's avatar of Dale Gribble. He even post like Dale would talk.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj6CIveQGLs

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 10 November 2018, 12:50
Been There Done That

Sad Day. My alarm clock died. No, not the electric one. I shot it in 2009.

My 7+ y/o Rooster. I don't know how long they're supposed to live but he was well beyond his years. We had our first whiff of snow last night. I guess he said " Fuck it, I'm not going to put up with another one of these winters".

Adios my friend.

RIP Homer.

Old 10 November 2018, 15:18
Been There Done That

Head down and fist held to the air...To Homer, may he thrive in that great cock ring in the sky!
Old 10 November 2018, 16:25
Anesthetized User

“I can only say I am sorry so many times and mean it”.-Homer Simpson

Support SOCNET.
Old 10 November 2018, 18:10
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azatty View Post
Dude, your Kimber is FUBARed and it will never again work properly. Send it to me for proper disposal.
The little bastards were/are in the mainspring housing. Doubt I'm up to taking it apart that much. I could see about four through the mag well, although they weren't moving. But they can live for up to a year without feeding. Hosed it down with a bedbug spray called Sniper and bagged it up again. Might put some silica packets in there with it.
Old 14 November 2018, 19:04
The atomic zit

Crooked ass scanned documents. It took me 30 minutes to straighten it up and then I fucked it up so bad that it was no longer a writable PDF. Took me an hour to figure out that I should’ve just use the fucking white out And sent it on its way.
Old 14 November 2018, 20:56
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Crooked ass scanned documents. It took me 30 minutes to straighten it up and then I fucked it up so bad that it was no longer a writable PDF. Took me an hour to figure out that I should’ve just use the fucking white out And sent it on its way.
Soooooo, what you're saying is that you had a blonde moment? You're not supposed to use the white out on the monitor.
Old 14 November 2018, 21:05
The atomic zit

Negative.

I printed that motherfucker, whited it out, wrote over it, scanned it back in, and uploaded the file...

I am still pissed!
Old 14 November 2018, 21:06
Spice Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Stop trying to forge documents and you won’t have this problem.

I finally spent the $5 on the ScannerPro app and now use my phone to scan directly to my server.

"Never saw a shark swimming down my street, although that would be kinda cool." --Purple36
Old 14 November 2018, 21:13
The atomic zit

Interning insight...

I know a gal that said she could fix it. If she can’t, I will be extra pissed and have to sleep on the couch… Big :-)
Old 15 November 2018, 10:30
Freelancer

Listening to whiney former NFL players bitching about the pain meds they got while playing.
For a bunch of guys with college degrees, ya figure they would be smart enough to look up the crap they are taking online or in a PDR? Last person I would trust is a team doctor who is more concerned with the team than you.
Old 15 November 2018, 12:15
Spice Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
For a bunch of guys with college degrees, ya figure they would be smart enough to look up the crap they are taking online or in a PDR?
Common Sense 101 is not part of the curriculum at any college I know of.

"Never saw a shark swimming down my street, although that would be kinda cool." --Purple36
Old 15 November 2018, 22:26
The Sagacious One

Running out of "Fast Forward" room on a previously paused TV show to bypass the commercials.

Our new posting rules