SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 24 August 2018, 00:30
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
You either aren't reading everything sent to you as 275RLTW noted or there's something more.

Hopefully it's the reading issue. Good luck.
I can't say I disagree with you. The amount of effort I have put into this is almost comical. The only correction I'm getting back from the HiT person is that my bio needs the "left in good standing" phrase. If I cannot get that included then that is that.

I PM'd 275RLTW asking what I was missing. Im at a loss. I betcha in 6 months time multiple people will have very similar stories pop up on here and similar forums.
Old 31 August 2018, 09:01

Curiosity here, if courts said that you're good, what's stopping you from attempting to get that letter of good standing? Worse thing they can do is either say no or not respond to you.

275 is correct, but I'm not going to beat a dead horse on the SOW. If DOS wants it on the bio, you put it on the bio. If you can't, well, might have to wait until they change it again.
Old 31 August 2018, 09:22

12 FAH-3 changed at the end of June, it now states "Contractor candidates claiming U.S. law enforcement experience must provide a police service record book, or equivalent, to verify experience and they left the department/agency they previously worked for in good standing. For contractor candidates without access to such a book, a signed letter on police department letterhead from the relevant supervisor or Human Resources is acceptable" thus the change in the VOE requirements.

As many have mentioned, requirements are constantly changing and it really depends on who is conducting the review. Get the VOE with the updated language and you'll be good.
Old 31 August 2018, 10:25

According to the K-9 handlers where I'm at, that's the first time they've heard of needing a "in good standing" on the bio.

Could be that you went through all the training and chose not to deploy. May recognize your and made a note about that.
Old 1 September 2018, 11:55
Administrator

Also bear in mind that the HITS personnel at the company have to maintain a certain percentage of first time bio acceptance or they are in violation of the contract. As a result, they are very reluctant to submit any bio they think might get kicked back by state.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 2 September 2018, 12:02
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Also bear in mind that the HITS personnel at the company have to maintain a certain percentage of first time bio acceptance or they are in violation of the contract. As a result, they are very reluctant to submit any bio they think might get kicked back by state.
Thats super interesting, two companies said it was sent back by DOS. I'd really be surprised if they lied to me. Of course its hard to be surprised anymore.

The third company submitted my Bio and it went through. So I got lucky and will be going on contract with them. I do appreciate everyone that helped give me some information on their expertise in this arena.

Thank you
Old 2 September 2018, 12:05
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhoffma View Post
Curiosity here, if courts said that you're good, what's stopping you from attempting to get that letter of good standing? Worse thing they can do is either say no or not respond to you.
The Courts said I did nothing wrong but the department doesn't want me back. So they won't add the "left in good standing" with my department. There is more detail to the ordeal but that is the gist. I got my Bio through for another contract. So I'm going to just let it go and be happy I got on with someone.

Our new posting rules