SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 5 October 2018, 01:49
Policeman Officer

Luke Fairfield sentenced to 21 months fed time

I figured this was worth its own thread. Luke Fairfield plead guilty to money laundering and other charges in relation to a narcotics distribution and gambling ring. If this article is accurate he knowingly took an active role in a criminal conspiracy.

https://www.10news.com/news/san-dieg...smuggling-ring
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 5 October 2018, 03:53
Confirmed User

Well shit, guess I need to look for a new accountant.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 5 October 2018, 06:19
Navigating

Yikes, I emailed him just a few months ago asking if he was taking new clients. Can anyone suggest a good one?

- Excerpt from Gates of Fire, Michael Yon
Old 5 October 2018, 07:04
Another pool cleaner

Shit.

That's gonna affect some folks here.
Old 5 October 2018, 07:16
Been There Done That

It's nice to see the FBI working crime again...
Old 5 October 2018, 07:24
In Vino Veritas

Damn. I just received an automated email the other day from him. Meh, in my dealings he was always straight.
Old 5 October 2018, 07:25
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
Yikes, I emailed him just a few months ago asking if he was taking new clients. Can anyone suggest a good one?
If you search the other thread about him his partner, who was not wrapped up in this, is mentioned. The guys said they were happy with his service. Iím not contracting anymore so it doesnít really effect me.
Old 5 October 2018, 07:36
Policeman Officer

I'm not going to dig up the article I read last night but he was apparently unaware of the drug dealing. He helped move drug money but was under the impression it was gambling money.

The main figure in this seems to have corrupted multiple personal acquaintances. A restaurant owner also took a charge for money laundering.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

Old 5 October 2018, 07:37
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
I'm not going to dig up the article I read last night but he was apparently unaware of the drug dealing. He helped move drug money but was under the impression it was gambling money.
Thatís what I got from it.
Old 5 October 2018, 08:21
Confirmed User

He doesn't sound so innocent in this article.
https://www.google.co.il/amp/s/patch...ling-operation

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 5 October 2018, 09:43
Confirmed User

Dammit I just did my last years tax with him.
Old 5 October 2018, 10:47
Divides by zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
He doesn't sound so innocent in this article.
https://www.google.co.il/amp/s/patch...ling-operation
^That's literally the same article as the first post.
Old 5 October 2018, 12:48
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapstash View Post
^That's literally the same article as the first post.
My bad. I didn't read the other article well enough and thought I saw something new. Their both pretty much a copy of the justice article.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdca/pr...ing-enterprise

I contacted Luke to get his side of the story. He said he's going to come on here to explain so I'll just let him do it. He's always done an awesome job for me and he says he's not going anywhere so I still planning on using him.

Winston Churchill

Maynard James Keenan

Last edited by Jong; 5 October 2018 at 12:51. Reason: Correct my poor reading skills
Old 5 October 2018, 14:11
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
He's always done an awesome job for me and he says he's not going anywhere so I still planning on using him.
x2.

"True love knows the real thing, baby
There's nowhere to hide
It hears every word you never say
And sees through every lie"
Old 5 October 2018, 14:15
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
My bad. I didn't read the other article well enough and thought I saw something new. Their both pretty much a copy of the justice article.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdca/pr...ing-enterprise

I contacted Luke to get his side of the story. He said he's going to come on here to explain so I'll just let him do it. He's always done an awesome job for me and he says he's not going anywhere so I still planning on using him.
Last time I talked to him he had indicated he has a plea deal, basically under the auspice of you cant fight the Govt... So a plea is saying you are "guilty" but it appeared like he would get probation and get to keep his license. Very disappointing to hear this.

Thanks for reaching out to him and looking fwd to him coming on here. Normally he will just send one of us an e-mail and we share it here on the board.

I will just go to his partner in the same firm. The support staff has also been excellent, they have all my info on file and are aware of my specific situations. So, for me, I have no problem keeping it relatively seamless and using his partner.

The first articles that came out about this were not exactly accurate nor paint the correct picture.. Probably just regurgitating an FBI release.. So let's see what he has to say.

Thanks

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer
Old 5 October 2018, 14:57
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Luke Fairfield potentially saved my ass one year I was oversea's and the wife decided we "needed more deductions" than he had come up with in previous years (she did not understand how that works with W-2 income, which was her half of the pie) and tried using some idiots from AZ who used to live up here in Vegas and still return to work the tax prep mine every year.....those people put us down for all kinds of outright fraudulent shit, put me down for the oversea's exemption even though I specifically instructed them not to because I didn't qualify that year, etc.. That shit triggered an IRS request for copies of my passport. I packaged all that stuff up and sent it to him and he re-did them and fixed it. Never heard about it again.

My point is Luke or someone associated with him (you can be the Managing Partner of a tax firm without a CPA license) will be doing our taxes into the future, this changes nothing for me.

"True love knows the real thing, baby
There's nowhere to hide
It hears every word you never say
And sees through every lie"
Old 5 October 2018, 20:13
Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
Luke Fairfield potentially saved my ass one year...

My point is Luke or someone associated with him (you can be the Managing Partner of a tax firm without a CPA license) will be doing our taxes into the future, this changes nothing for me.
Me too. Same here.
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Jeff Cooper
Old 6 October 2018, 01:06

No longer being licensed as a CPA, I’m not sure what he could really come here and say that would truly matter. I was aware of him claiming that he was innocent but had to plead out as there was no way to win. For me, that means it’s hard to claim your innocence. Having worked on several federal racketeering cases in the past, the USAO will not go forward on any laundering conspiracy that hasn’t been thoroughly proven, and the FBI and Treasury Dept have some of the best in the business when it comes to investigating that. Now receiving a low sentence of only 21 months? That sounds about within his guidelines, especially with cooperation which I had read he did. Just my .02, but I don’t need an explanation from him. Just moving on with Hughes from now on.
Old 6 October 2018, 01:54
Policeman Officer

I have seen some extremely cold blooded shit from the feds, but I'm extremely skeptical about any claim that he wasn't actually laundering money and just admitted to it for leniency.

Old 6 October 2018, 03:58
Divides by zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
I have seen some extremely cold blooded shit from the feds, but I'm extremely skeptical about any claim that he wasn't actually laundering money and just admitted to it for leniency.
I agree here. He may be stellar a CPA, but this alone is enough for me to not associate my business dealings with him. And I can't fully believe he didn't know what was going on there. I mean, he is an accountant. How could you not know?

Our new posting rules