SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 13 June 2016, 10:57
Confirmed User

Agree with E5M - half of America can't walk through a simple threat modeling exercise and identify the threat of moderate to extreme Islam. They look at one of the methods of attack as the actual threat based on the agenda of their party. It makes no sense to build your program on addressing a sole vector (2A) and not the actual threat actor (Islam). There are open plans on the internet to make a Sten, mill out ARs, and CNC all kinds of shit - let alone the 3D printing with plastic and now metal. If you want an AR, you're going to get an AR.

Individual left leaning states "may" look at the NY example and try to make push for additional 2A regulation in the cover of night. I didn't move to grab an extra AR after Newton and got caught flat footed with how fast they pushed the SAFE act through. If you are in the NE or NW and hear some chatter and know that they have the horsepower to move it through your state assembly or know they will make the backroom deals necessary, act accordingly. They are happy to get this done one state at a time, knowing that they can't get it done on a Federal level. We've seen this happen with other social changes and then before you know it, SCOTUS is ruling on it.
Old 13 June 2016, 10:59
Been There Done That

[QUOTE=MakoZeroSix;1058569444]
.... there is going to be no legislation of any significance concerning guns.

QUOTE]

You're probably right. However, I expect this incident will give the anti-gunners enough inertia to restrict gun sales to folks on the no-fly list. That will be done via an executive order. Then we'll see that list morph and grow into something entirely different.

If I was on that side of the discussion (and I'm certainly not), that's how I'd do it.
Old 13 June 2016, 11:03
Authorized Personnel

I'm not sure as to whether there will be any earth-shattering legislation coming about, but ammo cost will probably skyrocket again due to perceived future weapons issues.
Old 13 June 2016, 11:06
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
They look at one of the methods of attack as the actual threat based on the agenda of their party. It makes no sense to build your program on addressing a sole vector (2A) and not the actual threat actor (Islam).
Tactics vs strategy. Both have a place. Both are equal as necessary. Israel is a master at tactics, has no idea about long term strategy.

Last edited by Hoepoe; 13 June 2016 at 11:22.
Old 13 June 2016, 11:07
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberfest View Post
From my perspective, it's so what? It's like people changing their profile pictures on social media to be tinted with the French flag following the attacks in France as a sign of solidarity. It doesn't bring anyone who was killed back, and it doesn't do anything to address the problem or stop it from happening again.
I think it was pretty cool to show solidarity. There's not much the TA municipality can do to prevent it in the US...
Old 13 June 2016, 11:27

I just Form 1'd another SBR and Silencer as a little "fuck you" to the anti gun zealots. I had a small chuckle when my email provider said the ATF payment receipt email "failed the fraud detection check". What an astute coincidence.

Furthermore, I think it's foolhardy to underestimate the shitlibs at this point. They've been able to pull a rabbit out of their hats on multiple occasions. And by "pull a rabbit", I mean bribe, blackmail, cajole, scratch/kick/claw their way to victory. They have persistence and organization on their side, and they utilize every single behavioral manipulation science technique out there. Multiple tiered assets divided into support, logistics, and vanguard 'shock troops'........as coordinated as any insurgent guerilla army.

Humans are nothing more than programmable organic computers. And once you know the source-code, you can start to fuck with the OS. And that's what the liberals do. They implant malicious little human-computer viruses/malware in the pop-culture to slowly change the OS over time. One set to degrade the original OS (our collective identity as citizens of the same nation, with the same culture and national heritage), and another to slowly fill that cultural void with the OS THEY want everyone operating on.

The gun issue is no different. You all say that the gun issue is a dead one for the (D)s and the cucked out shitlibs? I say you're dreadfully underestimating their devotion and zealot-like adherence to the libtard subversive narrative.

Yuri Bezmenov was absolutely correct. These people have been demoralized and are unsalvageable. And the longer people are exposed to the human malware viruses implanted in entertainment/media/govt/education aspects of our society ---- the more subverted our population becomes. So while they subvert the people that are SUPPOSED to be 'US' into mindless hordes of effeminate shitlib cucks, they simultaneously import the violent pieces of third world filth to act as the destabilizing force. All while knowing that preaching tolerace and acceptance is the way to suppress any resistance to their plans.

Disarmament of the American population is one of the pillars of their ideology. They will not just "forget about it". They will continue to hammer hammer hammer on it, like a jackhammer --- until that concrete wall that is "the American gun culture" comes down. They haven't been defeated yet. So don't discount them at all.
Old 13 June 2016, 11:42
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoepoe View Post
Why? Not why do you agree, why the rolly eyes?
Pretty much what Octoberfest said. Not directed at you at all.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 13 June 2016, 11:46
Confirmed User

POTUS came through in his address in including his form of gun control during televised input just now. It seems a pattern is emerging in his rhetoric.

-Nah. I'm just paranoid.
Old 13 June 2016, 11:47
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberfest View Post
From my perspective, it's so what? It's like people changing their profile pictures on social media to be tinted with the French flag following the attacks in France as a sign of solidarity. It doesn't bring anyone who was killed back, and it doesn't do anything to address the problem or stop it from happening again.
It is a gesture from one of our Allies. Israel isn't in the business of addressing our problems. Showing solidarity in a solemn moment is what we have come to expect from Israel.
Old 13 June 2016, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoepoe View Post
I think it was pretty cool to show solidarity. There's not much the TA municipality can do to prevent it in the US...
Agreed. I don't have an Israeli flag or pontificate on the relations between the US and Israel. But I do appreciate their difficulties, and appreciate when they acknowledge ours.
Old 13 June 2016, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats View Post
POTUS came through in his address in including his form of gun control during televised input just now. It seems a pattern is emerging in his rhetoric.

-Nah. I'm just paranoid.
Just heard the POTUS speak. I didn't disagree with much.
Old 13 June 2016, 11:52

The US flag would have been fine. The fucking rainbow flag is where I personally rolled my eyes at.
Old 13 June 2016, 11:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
But what could they have done? Barred travel? Ok. What else? What in our constitution allows the .gov to lock someone up (legally) for some online rants and/or take their guns for excercising their 1A right?
The FBI could have flagged his name in NCIC, so if a check for a gun purchase came in they would know.

The response to an NCIC check is one of three......
1- Approve
2- Deny
3- Hold

His purchase could have been put on hold. Then the feds could have made a possible determination of any risk.

But they are feds, you know they have problems with common sense in determining actions.
Old 13 June 2016, 12:06
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Just heard the POTUS speak. I didn't disagree with much.
Mostly concur, with the single exception that it seems disingenuous to include a plug for gun control in a venue (IMHO) dedicated to an extension of grief for the losses, sympathy to the families, and inclusiveness in the struggle against terrorism prior to the media raising the question and expecting a response.

My sister-in-law happened to be homosexual, and I knew firsthand the difficulties and mental torment she suffered for years prior to her suicide. This event causes all those sentiments to rise to the surface once again.
-Apologies if I offended, Sigi.
Old 13 June 2016, 12:08
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
The US flag would have been fine. The fucking rainbow flag is where I personally rolled my eyes at.
Yes. This is now a gay issue instead of an American issue. FFS.
The gays are lashing out at Republicans and the NRA and the people least likey to commit crimes.

Was that the intention of the attack? Seems the left is getting played. The result could not have played out better if it were planned.
Democrats kill Democrats and blame Republicans and white men.
Old 13 June 2016, 12:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
It is kinda cheesy, isn't it?
Perhaps a redesign, maybe an attacking hawk holding arrows and a nutsack in it's claws.
Old 13 June 2016, 12:16
Been There Done That

Well, at least the shooter did not refuse to bake a cake......Mosques would be getting death threats over that shit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 13 June 2016, 12:33
Moving Target

Comey is on TV covering his ass now. The blame falls on the FBI IMHO.
Old 13 June 2016, 12:41
Un-confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
Comey is on TV covering his ass now. The blame falls on the FBI IMHO.
I'll play the devil's advocate...would you rather have the FBI violate this POS's rights (he was a US citizen) in order to prevent this from happening? Repercussions being this setting a precedent for the FBI being able to do the samething to other US citizens? Either you or me?

They would have to have violated this guy's rights someway in order to stop him from doing this, not delaying it, but stopping it.
Old 13 June 2016, 12:42
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5wsf View Post
The gays are lashing out at Republicans and the NRA and the people least likey to commit crimes.
Not all gays

Quote:
At such a time of tragedy, let us not reach for the low-hanging fruit of blaming the killer’s guns. Let us stay focused on the fact that someone hated gay people so much they were ready to kill or injure so many. A human being did this. The human being’s tools are unimportant when compared to the bleakness of that person’s soul. I say again, GUNS did not do this. A human being did this, a dead human being. Our job now is not to demonize the man’s tools, but to condemn his acts and work to prevent such acts in the future.”
These guys should be promoted to your lefty friends at every turn as a loud voice in the wilderness of emotional knee jerk reaction.

Our new posting rules