Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Professional Development and Education

Old 6 February 2016, 01:33
Yes, I'm back

TCCC Provider Certification courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Pos View Post
No. This is just a TCCC style course.
I do not know what a TCCC-style course is as compared to a TCCC course.
Unfortunately there is a lack of TCCC provider certifications available. The best we could do was get our TCCC course certified by the NAEMT. The NAEMT curriculum and course model left a lot to be desired so I extracted the required testable material, threw away their training model and built my own based on what I found to be lacking in military TCCC train-ups I have had the opportunity to witness.

Make sure when choosing a TCCC training provider you get:
- The NAEMT cert, as it is the only one out there
- 85% Hands-on minimum
- Tissue labs (We do cadaver labs to avoid the controversy)
- Ballistic labs-multi caliber (For LE we do this with soft armor on the tissue)
- Professional moulage scenarios
- Facilities that provide an ever-changing training environment. We use a multi-storied simms-capable training structure that we can fill it with smoke (and fire in certain areas), sounds, low light etc depending on the scenario we are providing to the participants

We just had a 15 yr SEAL medic/18d observe the course last week. He gave us some pretty good comments.

"The Tactical medicine course SECFOR Delivers is by far the best I have seen in my 15 years of service in the SEAL teams. The final exercise is as realistic and stressful as I’ve seen in a training environment. They not only hit the wickets for the cert but also provide some unparalleled realistic training scenarios utilizing Hollywood makeup artists and the most knowledgeable instructors in the business"

Its usually the medics that go through our programs that seem to appreciate the extra mile we go to make sure your TCCC is solid before you leave us.

We do a stand-alone 6 Day and 4 day program. The 6 day is GI Bill Approved and also includes medical emergencies and CPR for Professional rescuer. Since many of our students are going on to protective work, it made sense to throw in the non-TCCC skills as well. The 4 day is just trauma care and a self pay program.

Rick

Last edited by Rikkers; 6 February 2016 at 01:47.
Old 6 February 2016, 09:52
NKDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkers View Post
I do not know what a TCCC-style course is as compared to a TCCC course.
By TCCC style, I mean a <1 week course, focused on CUF/TFC/TACEVAC, that can be molded to the basic non-medical provider all the way to the advanced experienced medic, that either produces a NAEMT cert (for which I am faculty) or not.

Bottom line, my response was specifically directed at the fact that this course will not teach anyone to be a medic, nor certify anyone to be a medic, which was the question posed.

I am aware of your program via other channels and I vouched for its realism earlier in this thread.
Old 6 February 2016, 13:00
Yes, I'm back

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Pos View Post
By TCCC style, I mean a <1 week course, focused on CUF/TFC/TACEVAC, that can be molded to the basic non-medical provider all the way to the advanced experienced medic, that either produces a NAEMT cert (for which I am faculty) or not.
GTG. That's us. Just never heard that term before, and thanks for the props.

Rick

Our new posting rules