Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Professional Development and Education

Old 13 May 2016, 05:06
Confirmed User

Training South Florida/Treasure Coast Area?

Gents,

Anyone know of a good training company in the South Florida/Treasure Coast area? Anything in the shooting disciplines or defensive tactics/combatives would be great. Any kind of tactical medicine or TCCC courses would be a huge plus. I just knocked out paramedic school and FL EMS training is all cardiac based with very little focus on trauma. Given my hopes of a transition into the tactical medicine field, any education I can get would be helpful.

Any advice would help!

Thanks as always.

V/r

GT556
Old 31 May 2016, 20:31

GreenTip556,

You might consider looking for TECC courses instead of TCCC. This is a relatively new tactical medical training program, but it's much more suited to US-based LE/EMS/FD protocols.

Like TCCC, the TECC (Tactical Emergency Casualty Care) program is endorsed by NAEMT, whereas you get a 4-year certification and a few hours good toward your EMS renewal.

I think First Response Training Group (FRTG) out of Orlando might be your closest option. Check www.naemt.org for classes in your area.

Good luck Sir.
Old 6 June 2016, 12:08
Rocket Surgeon

Another vote for First Response in Orlando. Jason and Rob run a good shop, and they're close to the airport, food, and hotels for out of town students.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench

Our new posting rules