SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Technology and Communications

Old 19 May 2018, 17:40
Confirmed User

cf network

I have a question about cf network. We have a friend that has restraining order against ex and says he has been trying to keep up with here through friends. She asked the wife and I to run a report on Facebook only for login info. Mine did not have this but I have a Android system. Checked my wifes and 1 entry showed facebook/96876057 CFNetwork/894 Darwin?17.4.0.
The friend states that this is a way for him to check other peoples facebook through her iphone but when searching I don't know if this is the case. any thoughts
Old 19 May 2018, 19:22
Been There Done That

I'm not sure what you exactly you are asking but the "CFNetwork/894 Darwin/17.4.0" is part of what is called a User Agent string that means that someone logged in using the Mobile Safari browser on iPhone.

You are correct, your android would not show this. It would show the user agent string appropriate for the mobile browser that you are using on android.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 19 May 2018, 22:37
Confirmed User

what I was trying to ask would this mean that someone else was trying to access my wifes iphone. im way behind on this tech stuff. When I was in we were using prc66 radios lol
Old 20 May 2018, 06:03
BTDT

If that User Agent string appeared in some sort of FB account security info for log ins (I don't use FB), than that means a device using that browser attempted (succeeded?) to gain access to whatever account you were looking at the log in info for. Not that someone "got into" your wife's phone. But your post was a little confusing and not detailed enough.

BTW, you can make the User Agent say anything / appear to be a different browser, but probably not likely in this case.

Everyone involved should change passwords and use 2 Factor Auth to be safe (always use 2FA when offered).
Old 20 May 2018, 08:21
Confirmed User

thank you all.
Old 20 May 2018, 17:31
Confirmed User

again thank you, all times but 2 have been logged in with Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; then a bunch more numbers. the 2 times with cf network have been early morning when we would have been asleep. was just asking as my friend thinks her ex has been trying to keep up with her through her friends. maybe that or she is a little paranoid as he has been stalking her.

Our new posting rules