SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > History

Old 5 March 2011, 03:12

Back then I normally carried the teams UHF/VHF and heard on the 113 one night someone come over on the guard freq saying their call sign and that they were going down south of kuwait city. I had called a halt and passed it up to the TL what I had heard but never found out anything else on it. It would occasionally pop into my mind wondering who that was. I have done a bit of research and best I can figure it was an OV-10 and both lived after ejecting and were released after being taken prisoner.
Old 5 March 2011, 18:53
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

That was probably the Marine Corps OV-10, I'm pretty sure they were the only branch still flying them at that time.

One of the crew was a Warrant Officer, and I recall thinking that while I knew WOs existed in the Marines and Navy, up until then that was the first time I'd ever heard of one.
Old 23 June 2011, 18:48
On the Extract Bird

I was with the 2nd Armored Div(FWD). We were attached to the 1st Infantry div as their third brigade. I was on a recon team for 4/3 FA. We were one of the very first units to cross the berm and ran right into Iraqi infantry and armor. I experienced alot of things out there that will remain forever a part of me until my last day.
Old 28 May 2018, 11:43
Confirmed User

National Desert Storm War Memorial
www.ndswm.org/

Our new posting rules