SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Technology and Communications

Old 5 June 2018, 07:37
Been There Done That

Bluetooth volume problem

So i bought the wife one of those new vehicles that have bluetooth, and all of those bells and whistles.
Problem is when receiving calls no problem with the volume, even lowering it or increasing the volume.
The person on the other end who is listening to the conversation complains that they can barely hear the conversation. This volume persists on their cell phone only. Bluetooth in vehicle to vehicle the volume can be raised or lowered.
Lets say if we call someone from the vehicle and they pick up inside their house by cell phone, on their end they complain they cannot hear us and it sounds like I am talking in a tunnel .
It doesn't matter what kind of cell phone is in use they complain about the volume on receiving end of the conversation.
I have done all of the websites forums and google with no answer as they always tell me how to raise the volume in the vehicle.
Is this a common problem ?
Old 5 June 2018, 08:35
Been There Done That

Check where the Mic is in the ceiling. It is usually left of center in the headliner. Some are covered by the visor. If it below the visor it can be muffled by it or the junk you put up there. The other problem may be a bad mic.
Old 5 June 2018, 16:39
Been There Done That

Mic is by moon roof, no problem there. dealership is unaware of this problem. A friend has a KIA, same problem. Mine is Toyota RAV 4. Thanks for info.
Old 5 June 2018, 21:19
Been There Done That

Check the volume controls on the onboard controls and then check your phone. The remote connection may not be properly controlling the volume. I had that happen with a phone and a Bluetooth speaker.

Good luck
Old 6 June 2018, 06:28
BTDT

If you have gone into the settings for the Mic *on the dashboard unit* (while a call is in progress), and it is at full volume - I have no idea. My wife had the same problem on her Subaru and while she was talking, I went into the settings and fixed it for her.

Our new posting rules