SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Snipers

Old 3 March 2018, 20:08
Navigating

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExSquid View Post
A hand carved plaque of your team's emblem with a good heartfelt inscription is always appropriate. Rich people like things no one else has. A really nice one of a kind plaque is something they can hang on the wall behind their desk to show off. Make sure the presentation is a big deal to cement the importance. I don't mean some bullshit PR stunt. I mean the whole team is there and every swinging dick shakes his hand and expresses true gratitude because he gave you one hell of a gift. A man who would give you what he did will appreciate that kind of thing.

x/S
Thanks for the idea. If the idea Gavin suggested to me doesnít pan out, itís definitely a good idea. I have some white oak 2x10 planks I had cut that should be just about done drying. They would be perfect for something like that. And yes, he did provide one hell of a gift. Iíll ensure the presentation is important as well, thank you.
Old 3 March 2018, 20:27
Shakin' the bush Boss

Send him some targets with a tight knot with the teams signature on it. Nothing fancy, just a couple of targets on a plaque, maybe a data book page or two. Best plaque I've got is one Gooch and Allen Bacon made in the machine shop, probably drunk. Personal is better than fancy.
Old 13 June 2018, 03:27
Navigating

Finally

We finally got our HK762s in, still waiting for the 416s (I wasn't very impressed with the 416). But I did like the 762. If anyone has experiance with them and decided what grain bullet weight they like, please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 93dcec46-bd85-4df7-b2fa-11dc2e5371cb.jpg (49.4 KB, 127 views)

- Excerpt from Gates of Fire, Michael Yon

Our new posting rules