SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 23 August 2016, 21:02
Authorized Personnel

The new season is just starting. This year the former champions are competing against each other. I look forward to these episodes.
Old 23 August 2016, 21:06
Been There Done That

The third season? Already? This has turned into probably my favorite "Reality" TV show.

Makes me want to go buy a home forge, anvil and hammer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 23 August 2016, 21:08
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
The third season? Already? This has turned into probably my favorite "Reality" TV show.

Makes me want to go buy a home forge, anvil and hammer.
Yep...tonight is the season opener. These four guys made some nice weapons when they initially competed. This one will be interesting.
Old 23 August 2016, 21:33
Been There Done That

Really liked the "War Hammer" episode from the 2nd Season. Both the final two had some awesome blades. The guy who lost, even though he lost, what an awesome design!

Old 23 August 2016, 23:31
Moderator Weapons & H2H

Love the show but can't stand Marcaida.

Rock

What people think about me is none of my business!

Thai Boxing: The sweetest science....The most brutal fighting sport in the world...Few men are cutout for it.
So for those who are not there is always Jiu-Jitsu.

YEMX
Old 24 August 2016, 05:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTROCK View Post
Love the show but can't stand Marcaida.

Rock
Yeah, he is kind of annoying.

When I get older, I am going to start trying to dress more sharply and get a handle bar mustache like Mr. Baker.

Did not realize until just recently the Host, Mr. Willis was a 3/75 RGR veteran. Good deal.

Old 24 August 2016, 20:42
Been There Done That

Ok, just watched season one of third season. Good episode. Beautiful blade that won the final competition. Wow.

Just have to say though, "What the hell is up with your hair Ranger!?"

Old 24 August 2016, 20:44
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Ok, just watched season one of third season. Good episode. Beautiful blade that won the final competition. Wow.

He had a perm in that bad boy!

As to the Scottish Claymore in the final match...that was some nice weapons. I have never seen a blade bend that much and then go back to it's original form...although it was pretty dull in the cutting test.
Old 24 August 2016, 20:48
Been There Done That

SPOILER ALERT:

The Gold inlay was a nice touch. Yeah, was surprised though the losing Claymore just bounced off the pig pretty much - especially since did so well on the horse's legs. But, dang that was a clean sweep through the pig with the winning sword.

Old 1 September 2016, 09:43
Been There Done That

Liked the latest "Fan's Favorites" episode. Good to see the "Satellite Dish Filipino" and one of the very few women forgers back at it again.

Old 2 September 2016, 05:06
Psalm 91:2

Quote:

Ditto. He's hot but that hair does him no favors.

Love the show though.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 14 September 2016, 09:29
Been There Done That

4th Episode, 3rd Season:

Spoiler Alert:

Great to see the first female FIF champion! Awesome! This lady really knew what she was doing, though gave a scare in the beginning with the epoxy.

Really impressed how she forged the Horse Head onto the handle.... a real work of art.

Old 14 September 2016, 09:32
Authorized Personnel

^^^She did a great job on that knife. I would have liked to have seen it if she had more time to put into it. In that episode, I believe the winner was clear from the start -- which in many of them -- it takes through the strength and sharpness test to begin seeing who is pulling ahead.
Old 14 September 2016, 09:36
Been There Done That

Seems that those with a Horse Farrier background always do very well in the show.

Old 14 September 2016, 20:32
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
^^^She did a great job on that knife. I would have liked to have seen it if she had more time to put into it. In that episode, I believe the winner was clear from the start -- which in many of them -- it takes through the strength and sharpness test to begin seeing who is pulling ahead.
Hec, she even made a really nice hammer as well!

I think the 19 year old would have fared pretty well also, if he just would not have - talk about a brain cramp - cut down that hidden tang in half.

Old 14 September 2016, 21:56
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Hec, she even made a really nice hammer as well!

I think the 19 year old would have fared pretty well also, if he just would not have - talk about a brain cramp - cut down that hidden tang in half.
I actually felt bad for the the guy when that happened. I think he will turn out some good products in the future if he sticks with it.

So far, no drama. I hope it stays that way!
Old 27 September 2016, 21:45
Authorized Personnel

Not sure who is watching tonight's episode, but the final weapon is a killer. This one certainly takes skill and will be interesting to see if they can make one that will "keeeellllll."
Old 30 September 2016, 09:54
Been There Done That

^I agree. That was one very difficult, and strange, weapon to make. Pretty awesome how you could throw it.

SPOILER ALERT:
Damn! On the blade test, the 2nd iteration, with the three contestant. Catastrophic blade failure! Did not even get to the Tatami mats.

Did like the "Zombie Killer" blade the one contestant had, with the serrations on the back side.

Old 30 September 2016, 09:59
Authorized Personnel

^^^Yep...that's one of the few shows in that genre that I actually look forward to watching. I wish the format could possibly change to where it is a competition between two blade smiths who are able to work at there own place and then come together at the end for the tests. I would like to be able to watch more of the "art" of blade smithing.
Old 30 September 2016, 10:06
Been There Done That

^ I do think they need to change up the format a bit. It is getting a bit redundant. Just like the blade parameters are all the same.

Maybe have the first four contestants come together and state, "Ok, you all have four hours to make a Tomohawk, or a 4" skinning knife, or a spear, or a Khukri, etc..."

I do like sometimes how they mix it up with various steels to use - parts of a car, chainsaw, having to mix two types of steel. Liked the one where they had to use traditional hand crank blowers, and the one where they had to make their own forging hammer.

You know what would make a cool episode? Have the three judges and the host have to make a blade. ; )

Our new posting rules