SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 3 November 2017, 20:19

Task Orders

Does anyone know when some of these task orders for Iraq are going to start for SOC or Janus?
Old 3 November 2017, 20:40
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSale1234 View Post
Does anyone know when some of these task orders for Iraq are going to start for SOC or Janus?
Sometime after you learn to read the email you recieved, post an intro, and read the previous threads.
Old 7 November 2017, 13:10

I read on an old post someone inquiring about a packing list i went to message the guy that would resend said packing list but his email is full so i figured id ask here.
Old 8 April 2018, 21:03

Anyone with information (or on the contract) about the Janus Global
Contract in Iraq can you pm me
Old 26 April 2018, 10:56

Janus Global Operations

If anyone has any questions regarding the task order in Erbil, Iraq please let me know.

Erik Jorgensen
Recruiting Manager
Janus Global Operations
Old 8 May 2018, 19:20

If Janus has the mobile, who has the static for Erbil?
Old 9 May 2018, 13:23

Janus has both the mobile and qrf

Thanks
Erik
Old 9 May 2018, 17:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik762000 View Post
Janus has both the mobile and qrf

Thanks
Erik
Is it different TOís for Mobile and QRF? Trying to see if you can be hired on as either one, or if you have to wait to get there to be assigned.
Old 9 May 2018, 21:49
Social Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm410 View Post
Is it different TOís for Mobile and QRF? Trying to see if you can be hired on as either one, or if you have to wait to get there to be assigned.
Can I ask the reasoning behind your question of whether its mobile or QRF? And why would it make a difference?
Old 9 May 2018, 22:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwityrbitchin View Post
Can I ask the reasoning behind your question of whether its mobile or QRF? And why would it make a difference?
I should say ERT.. and itís just the daily monotony of ERT sitting in the trucks for 12 hours a day can seem tedious. So if given the choice, Iíd rather do mobile. With that being said, I got my answer earlier today in regards to that question.
Old 9 May 2018, 22:08
Social Claymore

Quote:
I should say ERT.. and itís just the daily monotony of ERT sitting in the trucks for 12 hours a day can seem tedious. So if given the choice, Iíd rather do mobile. With that being said, I got my answer earlier today in regards to that question.
Ok. Glad to hear you got answers.
Old 9 May 2018, 22:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwityrbitchin View Post
Ok. Glad to hear you got answers.
yes and itís good news across the board! Lol
Old 15 July 2018, 05:59

So was having a discussion today about this, and I'm sure someone on here knows. How come the Pakistan Embassy and Consulates don't fall under WPS? Also, who provides their security, is it contracted or just DS agents and Marines?
Old 15 July 2018, 21:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
So was having a discussion today about this, and I'm sure someone on here knows. How come the Pakistan Embassy and Consulates don't fall under WPS? Also, who provides their security, is it contracted or just DS agents and Marines?
Because DoS didnít put out a TO for those locations. DSS/HTPO decided that they donít need PSS there.
Old 5 August 2018, 19:12

Looking for some advice on a Bio issue I'm running into.

My background is civilian LE about 10 years. The last aprx 3 years were as an EDD handler. After I got out I signed with Aegis/ Garda and went through training, CVC and NPSS. Total time with them was a little over a year.

I decided not to deploy because my clearance was taking forever and I met my now fiancť made family a priority.

When I left LE it was on less than good terms. My old department launched an investigation on 3/4 K9 unit officers. This happened right as I was planning on giving my 2 weeks notice. So when I left I was still being investigated. You will just have to take my word on this poor timing. Soon after they fired the other 2 K9 guys for what they said was lying about the amount of time a training aide was unaccounted for. Since I had already left all they could do to me was petition to revoke my certification to be a cop. One of the guys who lost his job and I fought the allegations and two years later he was reinstated with back pay and we both kept our certs. The judge also found that the Chief and the Lt. who conducted our investigation lied in court and did not act in good faith. The court document rebuts any claim by the department and states I didn't do anything bad enough to lose my livelihood.

This was the cause of my 13 month security clearance investigation. I did end up getting my secret clearance granted with Garda after the DOS contractor panel reviewed my case.

Now I'm trying to get on with another K9 DOS contract. This past week the DOS made a new request for employment verification letters stating LE's guys had to "be in good standing" with their previous departments.

My last department hates my guts so they are not willing to give me a letter stating I am in good standing. I had the director of the Police Standards Council write me a letter stating my certificate was in good standing. My fear is it's not enough.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get through this new DOS request to "be in good standing"? I want to get back to contracting and I'm shy of the minimum required time without my LE EDD K9 experience.
Old 9 August 2018, 23:10

Hey, does anyone know if the Triple Canopy PSS course trains on weekends or if it's only Mon-Fri. Debating on whether to drive my POV.
Old 10 August 2018, 00:00
Been There Done That

Lol... do they train on weekends? Did you have something else to do?
Old 10 August 2018, 00:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Hey, does anyone know if the Triple Canopy PSS course trains on weekends or if it's only Mon-Fri. Debating on whether to drive my POV.
Every day. Youíre not there for a vacation and will end up in a shared van anyways. Keep your POV at home.
Old 10 August 2018, 04:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275RLTW View Post
Every day. Youíre not there for a vacation and will end up in a shared van anyways. Keep your POV at home.
Got ya. Just asking because for GW I was off on the weekends, and we had to share a van for everyone to get to food or the gym (neither was on site).
Old 13 August 2018, 18:23

Does anybody have any updated information on WPS II? (i.e. distance on quals, anything i can do to train for, etc..)

Our new posting rules