SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Test Area and How To Questions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 9 May 2017, 22:09
BulletAim BulletAim is offline
On the Extract Bird
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 397
Remember me/etc

When I log in, and I click the "Remember me" check box, it typically works well. However, at times after logging in maybe 3 or 4 times I have to log in manually again. It's not much of a major concern, i'm just not sure why it does that. At one point about a week ago I think it was, I tried to log in and it kicked me back to the main screen and didn't let me log in. I tried again and it let me back in. About 15 minutes later it kicked me out. My computer has been running slow anyways, so it could just be my computer acting like technology does at times, but those two things were a bit strange.

Thanks in advance,
BA
  #2  
Old 9 May 2017, 22:24
WGH0922 WGH0922 is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletAim View Post
When I log in, and I click the "Remember me" check box, it typically works well. However, at times after logging in maybe 3 or 4 times I have to log in manually again. It's not much of a major concern, i'm just not sure why it does that. At one point about a week ago I think it was, I tried to log in and it kicked me back to the main screen and didn't let me log in. I tried again and it let me back in. About 15 minutes later it kicked me out. My computer has been running slow anyways, so it could just be my computer acting like technology does at times, but those two things were a bit strange.

Thanks in advance,
BA
That's the Admins giving you a subtle hint, do you also hear rotor blades in the distance?
  #3  
Old 10 May 2017, 05:57
BulletAim BulletAim is offline
On the Extract Bird
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
That's the Admins giving you a subtle hint, do you also hear rotor blades in the distance?
Uh, oh. I didn't do it, honestly. I didn't leave any witnesses!
And no blackbird inbound!

Last edited by BulletAim; 10 May 2017 at 06:05.
  #4  
Old 10 May 2017, 07:29
Silverbullet's Avatar
Silverbullet Silverbullet is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Bunker
Posts: 15,035
The system has an algorithm that recognizes members who revive very old threads or post more than 23 times an hour.
  #5  
Old 10 May 2017, 07:33
BulletAim BulletAim is offline
On the Extract Bird
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
The system has an algorithm that recognizes members who revive very old threads or post more than 23 times an hour.
Okay I have to hand that one to you silverbullet. Good response lol... but "technically" I only post almost 2 posts per day, according to my profile.
  #6  
Old 10 May 2017, 07:57
The Fat Guy's Avatar
The Fat Guy The Fat Guy is offline
The Sagacious One
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pushing string down the hall
Posts: 14,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletAim View Post
Okay I have to hand that one to you silverbullet. Good response lol... but "technically" I only post almost 2 posts per day, according to my profile.
If you use the same browser and the same computer, try clearing your cache, refreshing the home page and then log in again. (And then read more and post less )
__________________
No one will take better care of us, than us: Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
  #7  
Old 10 May 2017, 08:35
BulletAim BulletAim is offline
On the Extract Bird
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
If you use the same browser and the same computer, try clearing your cache, refreshing the home page and then log in again. (And then read more and post less )
Thank you for the advice. I'll see what I can do.
  #8  
Old 10 May 2017, 10:31
TechGuy's Avatar
TechGuy TechGuy is offline
C:\Your Porn\Midget
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 610
You may also want to check your browser settings to see how long your browser keeps your cookies before clearing them. On most browsers it will only keep cookies for a few days before clearing them out, unless you specify in the settings to keep them longer. When cookie monster is hungry cookie monster will find cookies, unless cookies monster doesn't know how to read a map then he is screwed.
__________________
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.

M06: I'd rather take a shit in a $2 gym bag from fucking Walmart and store it in my basement for an "emergency" than buy your garbage.

How about them apples?
  #9  
Old 10 May 2017, 10:34
Dark Helmet's Avatar
Dark Helmet Dark Helmet is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 10,711
Try clearing your cache and then coming back into the site and check the "remember me" box again. Let me know if that works.
__________________
All Hail the Helmet!

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
  #10  
Old 10 May 2017, 11:05
BulletAim BulletAim is offline
On the Extract Bird
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
Try clearing your cache and then coming back into the site and check the "remember me" box again. Let me know if that works.
It did work, thank you Dark Helmet. And thank you TechGuy, that actually fixed several problems of mine.

BA
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:03.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET 1996-2018