SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Company Vetting and RFI

Old 3 January 2018, 19:19

Armed Mobile Security

I searched the forums, and haven't seen any questions specifically regarding SOC's Armed Mobile Security vetting. I'm not sure if I should disclose the name of the program, so to be safe I will omit it. I am currently waiting for my clearance. I have buddies who are on the contract, and they gave me a general idea on what to work on for the shooting quals, so I'm good there.

I asked the recruiter for the standards for the PT test, and he sent them to me. They are scaled from 1-10 points based on the amount of repetitions or the time. He said I just have to score 1 point in each event.

That means for example I just have to run 1.5 miles in 13:30. That's great, but that's significantly slower than the required 70% on say the PEB for a WPS contract. Am I misunderstanding the recruiter? Obviously I'm not aiming for the lowest standard, but I don't want to show up totally unprepared because I was preparing off wrong or misunderstood PT test guidelines.

Thanks, and sorry about the novel.
Old 4 January 2018, 01:30
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnacx2 View Post
I searched the forums, and haven't seen any questions specifically regarding SOC's Armed Mobile Security vetting. I'm not sure if I should disclose the name of the program, so to be safe I will omit it. I am currently waiting for my clearance. I have buddies who are on the contract, and they gave me a general idea on what to work on for the shooting quals, so I'm good there.

I asked the recruiter for the standards for the PT test, and he sent them to me. They are scaled from 1-10 points based on the amount of repetitions or the time. He said I just have to score 1 point in each event.

That means for example I just have to run 1.5 miles in 13:30. That's great, but that's significantly slower than the required 70% on say the PEB for a WPS contract. Am I misunderstanding the recruiter? Obviously I'm not aiming for the lowest standard, but I don't want to show up totally unprepared because I was preparing off wrong or misunderstood PT test guidelines.

Thanks, and sorry about the novel.
PM inbound.
Old 4 January 2018, 15:58
In Vino Veritas

You can PM your questions.

Make sure your pistol is shit hot as well as your kneeling. I wouldn’t worry about the PT test myself, it’s not that hard. However, be able to sprint very quickly. You might as well be running in sand for some of the shooting qual. Other than that good luck, the failure rate is high right now. Probaly because some asshole from 1/75 that belives in standards is in charge...
Old 4 January 2018, 17:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
You can PM your questions.

Make sure your pistol is shit hot as well as your kneeling. I wouldn’t worry about the PT test myself, it’s not that hard. However, be able to sprint very quickly. You might as well be running in sand for some of the shooting qual. Other than that good luck, the failure rate is high right now. Probaly because some asshole from 1/75 that belives in standards is in charge...
Fucking 1/75 man... at least I know I should be able to pay him off with a blowjob if I fail
Old 4 January 2018, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnacx2 View Post
Fucking 1/75 man... at least I know I should be able to pay him off with a blowjob if I fail
Sounds like a job that I would have the requisite experience for.
Old 4 January 2018, 22:08
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye175 View Post
Sounds like a job that I would have the requisite experience for.
You give good mouth hugs? Sweet!
Old 1 February 2018, 01:03

Don't rely on a "general idea" of what the shooting Quals are. Get a buddy to send you the Quals if you can and master them all since that's what you'll be evaluated on. Same thing for the pt test.. try to achieve that 10 pt score since no one wants to work with a sissy that can only do 4 pull ups and can't manhandle some weight for a few seconds. If you do plan on dishing out mouth hugs for brownie points then bring lots of Chapstick because the attrition rate is no joke. Good luck.
Old 1 February 2018, 08:24
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Don't rely on a "general idea" of what the shooting Quals are. Get a buddy to send you the Quals if you can and master them all since that's what you'll be evaluated on. Same thing for the pt test.. try to achieve that 10 pt score since no one wants to work with a sissy that can only do 4 pull ups and can't manhandle some weight for a few seconds. If you do plan on dishing out mouth hugs for brownie points then bring lots of Chapstick because the attrition rate is no joke. Good luck.
So good guys who have been on that particular program for a while are losing their jobs because of injuries they can't complete the pull-ups, does that make them "sissies"? If the client wants guys to run a 2 sec 100m run, then make that the minimum. Yeah, maxing things are great and all, but the client made the minimum for a reason. No one makes anymore money for running a .01 sec 100m. In the end, NO ONE CARES what your PT score is. Either you pass it or you don't. Is there personal pride in doing well, yes. But the end state is either you meet the requirement set forth by the client or you don't.
Old 1 February 2018, 08:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
So good guys who have been on that particular program for a while are losing their jobs because of injuries they can't complete the pull-ups, does that make them "sissies"? If the client wants guys to run a 2 sec 100m run, then make that the minimum. Yeah, maxing things are great and all, but the client made the minimum for a reason. No one makes anymore money for running a .01 sec 100m. In the end, NO ONE CARES what your PT score is. Either you pass it or you don't. Is there personal pride in doing well, yes. But the end state is either you meet the requirement set forth by the client or you don't.
Injuries are understandable and a given. I'm not saying to go and max out everything. I'm saying strive for it because that mindset will help.
Old 1 February 2018, 13:06
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Injuries are understandable and a given. I'm not saying to go and max out everything. I'm saying strive for it because that mindset will help.
Good attitude. Being prepared beats being pretty sure that you'll be fine.

Not passing a PT test for any of those jobs is a strong indicator of needing a self-assessment on perceived capability vs actual state.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot

Our new posting rules