Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Closed Thread

Old 21 January 2018, 16:57

Haven't heard back from company for overseas position?

I was contacted for a position overseas and at that time my passport was in process of being sent to my mailbox. I received a follow up call in which details of the contract, to include pay were explained to me. I'm not sure if it's because of the government shutdown, but the person I was keeping in contact with said he would call me back between a certain day and hasn't followed up yet. How do I know if I got the job? Based off of the requirements list, I met all of them. Does anyone know if I'll get a notice of whether or not I was selected for the position? A little clarification would go a long way and much appreciated ")
Old 22 January 2018, 06:11
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieT93 View Post
I was contacted for a position overseas and at that time my passport was in process of being sent to my mailbox. I received a follow up call in which details of the contract, to include pay were explained to me. I'm not sure if it's because of the government shutdown, but the person I was keeping in contact with said he would call me back between a certain day and hasn't followed up yet. How do I know if I got the job? Based off of the requirements list, I met all of them. Does anyone know if I'll get a notice of whether or not I was selected for the position? A little clarification would go a long way and much appreciated ")
Have you tried calling the recruiter???

I'm not sure what kind of guidance you're trying to obtain here.
Old 22 January 2018, 06:21
Been There Done That

Quote:
How do I know if I got the job? Based off of the requirements list, I met all of them.
While that may seem like a logical conclusion, I would caution you to approach any kind of work opportunity in the future with a slightly different perspective.

You "know" you have the job when you land in theater and are assigned to the position. Until then, there tends to be a lot that can go wrong. From what you've told us, you do not have a signed contract, nor been extended a conditional offer of employment.

All this to say, the Government shutdown, at this stage, is the least of your troubles in regards to your employability with this company.

Contact the recruiter.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 22 January 2018, 11:47
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieT93 View Post
Does anyone know if I'll get a notice of whether or not I was selected for the position?
Pretty safe to say that nobody here has your answer.

Thread closed.

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules