Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 25 February 2018, 01:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm410 View Post
And Im confused, a quick search of Luke Fairfield of Fairfield and Hughes shows he was just indicted on a RICO charge for laundering drug money last year. Anyone have any other CPAs?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandi...story,amp.html
I have been using Luke for 10 years and I still think he is awesome and knows his shit. That isn't news here and you can read about it in the link.
http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=92570&highlight=luke+fairfield&pa ge=2

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 25 February 2018, 06:36

Quote:
What about social security? Do we pay the entire thing or does the company split it.
Ive maxed out Social Security withholding every year I have been contracting.. All the DOS stuff is W2'd now so its not like being a 1099 employee.. You also have to pay medicare/medicaid as well even if you do the 330 route..
Old 25 February 2018, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
I have been using Luke for 10 years and I still think he is awesome and knows his shit. That isn't news here and you can read about it in the link.
http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=92570&highlight=luke+fairfield&pa ge=2
Has anyone talked to him or know what hes looking at for sentencing? I wouldnt mind using him for my 2018 taxes next year as he has great reviews, I just dont know if hed be available then if his sentence includes jail time.
Old 25 February 2018, 09:44
Confirmed User

Quote:
Has anyone talked to him or know what hes looking at for sentencing? I wouldnt mind using him for my 2018 taxes next year as he has great reviews, I just dont know if hed be available then if his sentence includes jail time.
Yeah, he did my taxes for this year already and got my refund. He already did a plea deal and he's done with that.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 6 April 2018, 18:55

So with paying the Afghan tax, should I go tax exempt on my W4 and only pay into my state tax? Thanks guys.
Old 8 April 2018, 03:57
Confirmed User

Quote:
So with paying the Afghan tax, should I go tax exempt on my W4 and only pay into my state tax? Thanks guys.
I think that really depends. I never go exempt because in the volatile world of contracting, I have no idea what is going to happen. There is also the chance you could be offered a more lucrative position, but have to return to the states for training. I recently saw this from a guy I worked with, who had to come back for a Range Safety Officer Level II course. I'm not sure what impact that will have on his taxes. I prefer not to have to return to the states, for whatever reason, and end up owing a significant chunk to Uncle Sugar.

Our new posting rules