SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Closed Thread

Old 30 March 2018, 02:03
Six Minutes!

The movie "Idiocracy" was not just a movie, it was a prophecy.

Seven … six … eleven … five … nine-an’-twenty mile today
Four … eleven … seventeen … thirty-two the day before —

"Just remember son, 80% of the people in this world are fucking idiots"- My Dad
Old 30 March 2018, 05:29
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akheloce View Post
The movie "Idiocracy" was not just a movie, it was a prophecy.
True.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 30 March 2018, 06:12
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
I didn't watch the old one, won't watch the new one.
I made it about 5 minutes into an episode of the old one once. Whatever it is that she does is the opposite of entertaining to me.
Old 30 March 2018, 07:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I am pretty sure Rosanne voted for Trump. We are never too old to learn.
True. I Lmao. I didn't like the crotch grabbing, National Anthem singing, spitting Rosanne of old.

I love John Goodman though in about anything.

I always thought they portrayed the average dysfunctional family of middle America.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 30 March 2018, 07:15
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
True. I Lmao. I didn't like the crotch grabbing, National Anthem singing, spitting Rosanne of old.

I love John Goodman though in about anything.

I always thought they portrayed the average dysfunctional family of middle America.
And that is what is disgustingly sad about the show.

Old 30 March 2018, 07:29
The Sagacious One

Maybe if we make America reflect on itself from the comfort of their child's bedroom they can realize the idiocracy of their lives and make a change.
Old 30 March 2018, 08:08
Been There Done That

And just let little boys express themselves by dressing like girls - be accepting and tolerant- that will make America great again.

And fathers? Not really needed. Just two mom's, single mom, or the whole extended family/village will do. Fathers not needed , the school will be their guide.

Old 30 March 2018, 08:35
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

I haven't watched the show and don't intend to. From the hype, it sounds to me much like another show that the youngsters here won't remember called All in the Family.

The main character was Archie Bunker, who was unapologetically racist, homophobic, nationalist, vulgar, politically conservative, dismissive of modern fashions and lifestyles, and the opponent of anyone who protested against anything. Archie the character was supposed to be a representation of the "silent majority" who supported Nixon against the winds of leftist change, and the show was quite popular among that demographic, which included my dad. However, the actor who played Archie, Carroll O'Connor, was an extreme leftist, and the role was designed to show the silent majority how unenlightened they were and how harmful their beliefs were to society at large. The main character of the show was actually the butt of the over-arching joke as his rants only served to illustrate that he was, though well intentioned and oblivious to his negative effect on those around him, a dinosaur whose time had clearly passed. The goal of the show was to delegitimize conservatism.

I think Barr's ranting in favor of Trump themes on the show serve a political end she has publicly spoken of on talk shows recently - that demonizing Trump only encourages his supporters, that President Pence would be worse, and that liberals must work on spreading the gospel of leftism if they want to win elections. For now her character is likely making Trump's ideas sound good by trashing silly liberal straw men so that she can attract an audience of Trump supporters for liberal brainwashing later. You can't clean the fish until you've caught the fish. The inclusion of the cross-dressing kid ought be to an indicator of where the show is headed eventually.

Enjoy your propaganda. I wonder how many episodes will go by before the veteran son's PTSD has him shoot up a school.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 30 March 2018, 09:40
Been There Done That

The only decent show with a true conservative stance, Last Man Standing, was cancelled even though had very high ratings.

Old 30 March 2018, 09:59
Bitter old man.

I also watch the old shows. IMO the acting was better and women knew their place.

Even in BJ and the Bear the monkey is dressed better than most folks at a dollar general.
Old 30 March 2018, 10:11
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Good god, did I aim for SOCNET and land at Hardees with the morning crew? You guys are OLD.
Hell, yeah, homemade biscuits rock
Old 30 March 2018, 10:13
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
Shorts are for children and or swimming. Kids used to want to be old enough to graduate from shorts to pants.

I know lots of women who still co sleep with their kids, 3,4, 5, 6, 7 years old
ANd let's not forget the women ot there that breast feed their precious darlings until they're 8. those freaks are out there too.
Old 30 March 2018, 10:21
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
I also watch the old shows.
I kind of have a thing for Mary Tyler Moore in the black and white days. Dont judge me

e: also barbara eden
Old 30 March 2018, 10:21
#AllLionsMatter

Par for course within the MSM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
The only decent show with a true conservative stance, Last Man Standing, was cancelled even though had very high ratings.
Watch the number of "religious" movies that their profits -vs- production budget and tell me if the movies are not a good investment?

"The silent majority is still watching and waiting too announce they're still around..."
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old 30 March 2018, 10:37
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
I kind of have a thing for Mary Tyler Moore in the black and white days. Dont judge me

e: also barbara eden
Both hotter than hot. Throw in Nancy Sinatra and you have the trifecta of hotness.

Old 30 March 2018, 10:44
Been There Done That

Just downloaded from Amazon prime the pilot. (Head of the family) and several episodes from season one of the Dick Van Dyke Show.

Old 30 March 2018, 11:10
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I am pretty sure Rosanne voted for Trump. We are never too old to learn.
I think she did. I heard a blurb about her telling Kimmel to STFU about him.
Old 30 March 2018, 12:54
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
I think she did. I heard a blurb about her telling Kimmel to STFU about him.
Only because she fears a POTUS Pence. I'm pretty sure she voted for Jill Stein.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 30 March 2018, 14:53
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Both hotter than hot. Throw in Nancy Sinatra and you have the trifecta of hotness.
Can't leave out Dawn Wells, aka Mary Ann.
Old 30 March 2018, 15:03
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
I kind of have a thing for Mary Tyler Moore in the black and white days.
+1. Especially in those capris...

Our new posting rules