Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Closed Thread

Old 30 May 2018, 23:17
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Well... I think personally, she has always been a fat pig. I disliked her show and her the first time she was out, and had no plans of watching it ever... I'm one of those people that thought she should have been shot for crotch grabbing during the Anthem...

But... the double standard we live in today, and the political correctness...

I believe in freedom. Freedom of speech, freedom to own a gun, freedom to be who you are. We all know, and have heard, comedians of other races say some pretty racist bigoted stuff about, well, whitey. No one seems to give a shit. No one looses their job, or is forced to resign, or denied work.

If we don't like the way some people use language, like the skinheads, or panthers, or whoever, we have the right to not listen. We have the right to watch something else, or go somewhere else, or turn the fucking channel. We, unfortunately don't have a right not to be offended... What she said was offensive, but, she is offensive. Both visually and auditorially...(new word) But, she has the same freedom of speech as anyone else.

What we need to get rid of are the politically correct police, the word police, the language police, the thought police, and the opinion that no one has the right to offend us. People offend me every single day. If Barr wants to be an offensive fat pig, that is her right. It is also my right not to watch or listen to her. Reminds me of the ANTIFA people protesting, yelling at conservatives to shut up...

Freedom works both ways. It's funny that way.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 30 May 2018, 23:21
Life is simple, not easy.

Could care less about her. It's the double standard.

Joy Reid
Jimmy Kimmel
Monique Judge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 222597BD-EE19-4FC5-B087-DD95994708A0.jpg (32.9 KB, 142 views)

bravodelta: "If they start taxing lapdances, I think I'll call it quits and become a chaplain."
Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 30 May 2018, 23:22
Authorized Personnel

That's all true.

But her bosses and shareholders also have the right to say "We don't want the unwanted attention from the hysterical masses that her saying the stuff she has the right to say will bring, so she's fired."

She's still completely free to say whatever she wants, and they are free to fire her.

Remember how we reacted when that HS teacher bashed the military? The military community reacted hard fucking core. He was fired. I get it he said it "on the job" in front of students. But when you are a celebrity you are like in the military, you are on the job 24/7, especially when you're promoting yourselves in tweets or whatever.

It's a double standrd if the same bosses for the same network, allow one person to say it but not the other.

It's not a double standard if some other bosses from some other outlet do not fire a different person for saying something similar.

This double standard thing isn't wht people are saying it is.

If my military boss gave me an Article 15 for being late, and didn't give another guy who showed up at the same time as me because he liked him better, that's a double standard.

If my military boss gave me an Article 15 for being late, and a completely different commander in a completely different unit, did not give an article 15 to a completely different soldier for being late, that is not a double standard, which is what some people are trying to say about "the left" as though there's one boss who dispenses punishments and rewards on behalf of all liberals....

Different media outlets, gasp, even different liberal leaning media outlets, have different bosses nd make different decisions, almost all of them based on the input they get from their shareholders, not so much the collective internet outrage machine, but their shareholders, because the shareholders complain in a different way and up a different pipe ...

Last edited by KidA; 30 May 2018 at 23:29.
Old 30 May 2018, 23:25
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
...We, unfortunately don't have a right not to be offended... What she said was offensive, but, she is offensive. Both visually and auditorially...(new word) But, she has the same freedom of speech as anyone else.
Just because one feels that we don't have the "right not to be offended" doesn't mean that anyone should be able to say what they want without consequence simply because it's their "right."

The majority of EEOC complaints are based on offensive statements. Terroristic threatening is based on offensive statements. The "I just have to be offended" argument doesn't hold water.
Old 31 May 2018, 07:38
Authorized Personnel

This thread offends me.
Old 31 May 2018, 08:16
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post

The Propaganda Ministry will tell you what is funny and what is not.
Was there a name change? I thought it was The Ministry of Truth?
Old 31 May 2018, 08:21
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
This.

When my goat fucking Paki friend is late I often ask him if his magic carpet broke down. Which to him, and to me, is funny, and he understands it's ball breaking.

If I tweeted in public, to millions of people, that same shit my boss would probably fire me. There's no 1st Amendment as the government isn't inhibiting my speech, my boss is firing me for being a dumbass and bringing the wrong kind of attention.

Defending people for saying dumb shit when they are on "your" side is asinine.

Plus she still disrespected the Anthem, the Flag, and anyone who ever served under it. Fuck her.
x100. I stopped watching her show years ago, when she did that. I never understood, why all of a sudden she was the darling of the conservatives. I didn't like her then and I don't like her now.
Old 31 May 2018, 08:40

Defending POS Roseanne =\= pointing out a double standard. Mutually exclusive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 656A9D16-3A8E-419D-8155-ABDE52FCD18B.jpg (16.2 KB, 108 views)

bravodelta: "If they start taxing lapdances, I think I'll call it quits and become a chaplain."
Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 31 May 2018, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
To be clear I'm not defending Barr, I'm against a double standard. I don't care if she is a "conservative" or if she is a supporter of POTUS, she isn't a hill worth fighting for and never was.

I'm simply fed up with liberals getting away with crap in media and politics simply because the people in media and Hollywood power are liberals.

Just yesterday on Samantha Bee's TV show:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5FD28496-8AEA-48E5-BA32-61BEB18FCC53.jpg (28.4 KB, 96 views)

Old 31 May 2018, 09:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
The Joy Behar tweet is fake. My bad for not checking.

Old 31 May 2018, 09:24
Authorized Personnel

So again:

Is this Samantha Bee person, whomever she is as I've not heard of her until just now, on staff at ABC, the company that fired Roseanne, or not?

If she is not, then there is no double standard for this Bee person working for someone else and not being fired, and Roseanne working for ABC and being fired.

it's only a double standard if Bee works for a tv show on ABC and ABC doesn't fire her (then again it would be a stretch, as clear racism and tasteless bullshit are not equal in the minds of, well, pretty much anyone).
Old 31 May 2018, 12:28
Been There Done That

Sigh.... and now I am seeing some people I know on Facebook sharing a post from Conservstive Women, proclaiming "we stand with Roseanne ".

Now I am pretty darn conservative, but what she said was wrong and what she said was tasteless and she is trashy. That is the problem with many on the left and the right, never want to agree with the other side even if they are right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 31 May 2018, 12:46

LOL. The tweet was whatever. Literally, the tweet isn't anything I haven't thought of already (Jarrett really DOES look fucking weird as shit). BUT, comparing anyone with a skin shade darker than a nuclear explosion to an ape is obviously a fucking no-no with the hyper-sensitive and agenda-driven press (and sniveling race-baiting retards of the American Left). I mean, unless Jarrett was a conservative, of course. Then it would have been completely okay.

That being said, thank you Roseanne for taking another shitlib show full of degenerate tranny propaganda off the air. Bravo.
Old 31 May 2018, 12:50
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Sigh.... and now I am seeing some people I know on Facebook sharing a post from Conservstive Women, proclaiming "we stand with Roseanne ".

Now I am pretty darn conservative, but what she said was wrong and what she said was tasteless and she is trashy. That is the problem with many on the left and the right, never want to agree with the other side even if they are right.
Amen brother.
Old 31 May 2018, 12:59
Been There Done That

There is no way any conservative/devout Christian should be supporting the likes of Rossane. A post claiming conservatives stand in support of her is false. Rosane is vulgar, rude, supports promiscuity, the LGBT lifestyle, and is racist. Just cause she says she voted for Pres. Trump does not mean all conservatives should support her.

As a Christian I believe Christians must put their faith and the truth before politics, righteousness first, and not be blinded by the right or left. But we do not see this many times from both left leaning or right leaning churches/members. Not everything the left does is wrong, and not everything the right does is right. We must weigh all in accordance with God's word and righteousness. Seek out the truth and not blindly chose sides. Otherwise we lose our witness and credibility.

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 31 May 2018, 13:15
Problem Solver

Quote:

...Not everything the left does is wrong, and not everything the right does is right. We must weigh all in accordance with God's word and righteousness. Seek out the truth and not blindly chose sides. Otherwise we lose our witness and credibility.
Amen, again.

Romans 3:23

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 31 May 2018, 13:20
Authorized Personnel

Quote:

As a Christian I believe Christians must put their faith and the truth before politics, righteousness first, and not be blinded by the right or left. But we do not see this many times from both left leaning or right leaning churches/members. Not everything the left does is wrong, and not everything the right does is right. We must weigh all in accordance with God's word and righteousness. Seek out the truth and not blindly chose sides. Otherwise we lose our witness and credibility.
I agree. It's one of the things I find most distasteful about many professed christians - their blantant hypocrisy and wrapping themselves in the flag and one political party.

Your balance is refreshing and appreciated. You're a good ambassador for your faith. Gives me hope one day I may try to find another church again, even if just for the solitude and meditation aspect.

Last edited by KidA; 31 May 2018 at 13:31.
Old 31 May 2018, 13:31

Many times the "right" do things now simply because the left hates something. A vice-versa. No thought behind their actions and no real analysis on why something is the way it is. It's this rigid dichotomy that prevents anything really groundbreaking from occurring and fixing this country. And it's part of how the Neocons scooped up the (R) party and constitutes a good portion of the ideological prison that enslaves 99% of our citizens. Same thing has happened to the left.

And it's all designed to be this way. Nothing is allowed to exist that is counter to the liberal/neocon paradigm.
Old 31 May 2018, 13:35
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
I agree. It's one of the things I find most distasteful about many professed christians - their blantant hypocrisy and wrapping themselves in the flag and one political party.

Your balance is refreshing and appreciated. You're a good ambassador for your faith. Gives me hope one day I may try to find another church again, even if just for the solitude and meditation aspect.
I want to second the first paragraph. Both you and LP are dead on.

For your second paragraph, you might look into an Episcopal Church, particularly for the meditative part. They're generally pretty open minded and place an emphasis on showing love.
Old 31 May 2018, 13:55
Confirmed User

Rosanne is cancelled and Last Man Standing gets picked up. All is right with the world....
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules