SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Navy SEALs

Old 10 May 2018, 08:58
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSoldier View Post
Is the AF write up available? My google-fu is weak and I cant find a write up, which seems strange at this point.
Google his AFC. The MoH has not been officially approved yet.
Old 13 May 2018, 01:00
Army SF

1) Anyone here witnessed any of these events first hand? No? Then, your opinion - either way - means little. 2) Nothing stated on this thread will change anything regarding the awards. 3) There are many sides to a firefight and rarely does the "fog of war" ever lift, even years after the war has ended for those who took part.
Old 13 May 2018, 15:57
Confirmed User

Those guys landed inside of a hornets nest and regardless of who gets or got what medal, those who were not there (mainly the media and Monday morning QB's) shouldn't second guess decisions made under such extreme conditions. We all know Shit goes side ways real quick in situations like that and every choice has drastic outcomes good and bad.

I would bet the guys on that hill replay those decisions in their minds every single day. I would hope that both sides remember that nothing ever goes as planned when you step off on a mission and that second guessing others after the fact cannot be put into context of the missions split second decisions.

I hope all of the guys directly involved can find some way to move forward and accept that some really tough questions just do not have answers and some decisions to really tough choices have to put into the same context the second it was made.
Old 13 May 2018, 20:28
Confirmed User

Out of my lane.....

I make decisions daily, sometimes hourly, that affect lots of folks. Some are wrong, some are spot on.....I use the info given to me upstream to make my best call....

....as I'm absolutely positive these guys did.....and still do......

Way back to my lane!!!
Old 14 May 2018, 09:11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proeliator 37 View Post
1) Anyone here witnessed any of these events first hand? No? Then, your opinion - either way - means little. 2) Nothing stated on this thread will change anything regarding the awards. 3) There are many sides to a firefight and rarely does the "fog of war" ever lift, even years after the war has ended for those who took part.

Thanks for clearing that up. We had no clue.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 15 May 2018, 04:44

Before the BCS, in college football, there were instances when two teams were awarded the national championship by two different sport networks. And, yes, there were arguments for a short time after. But, in the end, it simply meant that twice as many folks were able to go through life with those championship rings proudly worn.

What's wrong with two brave warriors, and their families, going through eternity with the ability to proudly proclaim a family MOH?
Old 27 May 2018, 14:10
The Copenhagen Kid

I can tell you now for FACT that Slab made the call and still sticks by that decision. It is a proven fact that his decision saved lives and those that were there approximate they would all be dead had Slab not made the decision he did. So you all can fuck off about this intra-service rivalry about leaving a man behind. Every service had done it. It's not the first time nor the last.

Always keep your mouth shut and never rat on your friends.

Our new posting rules