Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 4 June 2018, 17:03
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Life

A series from about 10 years ago, only on the air for 2 seasons, starring Damian Lewis as a cop wrongly convicted of the murder of his friend/business partner, as well as his wife and son and then serving 12 years in prison. Released after new evidence shows he wasn't the killer, he wins a large settlement for the wrongful conviction and is also reinstated to the LAPD as a detective.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0874936/

An interesting show, a little like the series Monk in that the main character has a penchant for quirkiness as the result of studying Zen philosphy. He also eats a lot of fruit, something he could never get in prison and probably took for granted on the outside.

Each episode deals with not only a new case to solve, but also Charlie Crews investigation to determine who was responsible for killing the family of his friend and who was behind the frame up that got him sent to prison.

Not a great show, but it kept my interest. I'll give season 2 a look, not sure if they can take it any further after the first season, when it appeared a lot of loose ends had been tied up.
Old 4 June 2018, 18:16
Been There Done That

I enjoyed Lewis' character and was sorry to see the series end so soon.
Old 4 June 2018, 21:19
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I'm still hoping the one and only season of Terriers gets released on DVD, I heard that was a really good show that just never gained an audience.

Our new posting rules