SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 19 February 2016, 15:54

Initial post

Hello all, and thank you for having me.

USAF 90-94, C130 CommNav / Crew Chief
I've always been interested in the plight of the SF, and hope to learn more from the decent folks on this forum.

Thank you again!
Old 19 February 2016, 16:28

Hello everyone.

I am a SFC in the US Army. I've been in for 23 years most of which was at Fort Campbell.

I like to hunt and shoot.
Old 20 February 2016, 03:31

Intro

Hi to all. My Intro.
Enlisted in the Marine Corp October of 68. Active duty in December of 68. 1811 trained and was on the M48 and trained on the flamethrower. Went on a med cruise as a 0351 Ontos crew man. Out in 72 as an E5. Back in the army in 75 as a 19D cav scout. Out in 92 after the Gulf war. SFC Living the dream in Alaska
Old 20 February 2016, 17:42

Good day to everyone here at SOCNET and thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community. I come from a strong military family as well as serving, myself, in the USMC. I had an Uncle who was on IwoJima as well as other Uncle's who were in the Navy and a Grandfather during WWII. My father was career Navy and Served in Korea and Vietnam and I have two brothers that served in the USMC with one of them still in, 28yrs now, ooh-rah!
Old 21 February 2016, 09:46

Introduction

Greetings! I served with 3/75, The Old Guard, JIEDDO and the RTB during my career. I also was in the WVANG with the 19th SF Group while I attended WVU. I now work for a company called Quiet Professionals, LLC on the DoD contract side of the house. I am privileged to be able to talk with and work with SOF professionals on a daily basis. Let me know if I may ever assist, and I look forward to hearing from any old buddies out there. -Dave
Old 21 February 2016, 09:59
Another pool cleaner

Welcome all.

Just think about PerSec at all times. You can ping a mod/admin to change your screen name if at all unsure.
Old 23 February 2016, 13:27

Introduction

Hello All,

I am a medically discharged submariner, a nuke. Got out just a smidge before my six years were up. Mainly I have come to this site because I have someone at my college claiming to have been a SEAL. Since I am proud of what I did in the service and since then I am a little worried that this is stolen valor.

A little more about me, used the VOCREHAB program to go to college and got a bachelors with a couple of minors simply because I wandered around a little bit. After about 10 or 15 years went back to school and got a couple of master's. I have worked in the music business, banking, transportation, and now higher ed. Since my fellow co-worker is the director of security I am going to ask for him to be checked out.

Appreciate your time and for those of you who are or were special operations I really am thankful that you stood up as warriors.
Old 28 February 2016, 00:13
Deplorable

Introduction

Greetings Everyone,

Originally from the Midwest.

Currently working with USG vendor(s), maintaining safety/security abroad for foreign service personnel. When not occupied with my employment, hunting and motorcycles are the focus. I owe everything I have been, am currently doing, and anything I intend to accomplish, to my upbringing in that gypsum mining town in Iowa ... and the United States Marine Corps.

More to follow.

S/F

'Flatbedder'
Old 28 February 2016, 09:02

I am currently withing the danish MI. (until august)
had a few deployments in there
former royal guard, as well as artillery
looking forward to be a member here
Old 28 February 2016, 10:06

Former 19D, Airborne, thank you for aproving me to th site,
Old 28 February 2016, 11:28

Greetings.

Hello to all. My sincere appreciation to you for accepting me into your community.

MOS- 35M

Duty stations as follows:
- Camp K-16/Yongsan Korea (2013-2014)
- Camp Wiesdaben Germany (2014-Present)

Aspiring 38B
- Class date 17 May 2016
Old 28 February 2016, 15:12

I'm XXXXXX XXXXXX located in the greater San Jose, CA area. I've been interested in security issues, mainly computer security, for 20+ years. I have zero military experience, but would like to think I may have a bit to contribute here and there. Mainly lurking, but hopefully helpful from time to time. My Ph.D. is in economics if you need some data crunched.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 28 February 2016 at 20:26. Reason: PERSEC for the OP
Old 28 February 2016, 18:54

Hey everyone, I'm keeping it short as I'm not in the military but am currently deciding which branch to enlist in. Just looking to absorb as much info as I can.
Old 28 February 2016, 20:26
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylima View Post
I'm XXXXXX XXXXXX located in the greater San Jose, CA area. I've been interested in security issues, mainly computer security, for 20+ years. I have zero military experience, but would like to think I may have a bit to contribute here and there. Mainly lurking, but hopefully helpful from time to time. My Ph.D. is in economics if you need some data crunched.
Doc,

Please go here and ask that your user name be changed to something other than your name.

Welcome to SOCNET.
Old 29 February 2016, 00:10

Gentlemen, thanks for having me. I've lurked for years and hope to contribute what I can.

Joined the USAR after college with a 68WM6 (medic/practical nurse) contract which turned into 68C. So I'm a medic and a low-speed butt wiper & phlegm dodger. Currently an E-5 in an ESB awaiting reclass. Civilian-side I'm an Insurance Broker/Agent. Love my job!
Old 29 February 2016, 01:35
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout357 View Post
Hi to all. My Intro.
Enlisted in the Marine Corp October of 68. Active duty in December of 68. 1811 trained and was on the M48 and trained on the flamethrower. Went on a med cruise as a 0351 Ontos crew man. Out in 72 as an E5. Back in the army in 75 as a 19D cav scout. Out in 92 after the Gulf war. SFC Living the dream in Alaska
Flamethrower ?!!! That is so bad ass!! I've been in love/awe with them since I was young!!!oh the destruction !!!! I have a picture on my wall of the work they do....
Thank you Marine/Soldier .. Flamethrower!!!
Old 29 February 2016, 13:15
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdisembodiedgrlx View Post
Flamethrower ?!!! That is so bad ass!! I've been in love/awe with them since I was young!!!oh the destruction !!!! I have a picture on my wall of the work they do....
Thank you Marine/Soldier .. Flamethrower!!!
If this poster had a penis instead of a vajay-jay he would already have been corrected for typing like this is a twitter site for teenagers.

Welcome aboard.
Old 29 February 2016, 13:20
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
If this poster had a penis instead of a vajay-jay he would already have been corrected for typing like this is a twitter site for teenagers.

Welcome aboard.

We haven't found out if she is hot or not yet.

Besides, if we were really that uptight we would have kicked your ass off of here years ago.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 29 February 2016, 13:27

I joined the Army Guard when I was 18 in 2012. Did Basic at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO where I was trained as an 88M. Just going to college as well as drilling.
My interests include history, hiking, and shooting.
Old 29 February 2016, 16:50

New Member!!!

Hey all, seen this site and decided to check it out!
Recently separated Air Force with 8 years in logistics readiness squadron. Primarily looking for insight on civilian life, and also (more importantly) opportunities to go contracting over seas!! Thnx for having me

Our new posting rules