SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 14 August 2018, 02:02
Confirmed User

Apparently the suspects could be out on bail. https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/13/u...cts/index.html

One of their lawyers has an interesting and entirely predictable perspective. Has it really been 25 years since Waco?

Quote:
But a lawyer for one of the defendants said the evidence might be viewed in a different light if the defendants were "white Christians" instead of black Muslims.

"If these were white people of a Christian faith who owned guns, that's not a big deal because there's a Second Amendment right to own firearms in this country," Thomas Clark said.
Edit: The article itself has been edited and the portion I quoted directly was altered.

Last edited by jomini; 14 August 2018 at 02:22.
Old Yesterday, 08:05
BTDT

So....not charged with any terrorism offenses? Got it. I mean, holy crap, you don't even have enough evidence for a Grand Jury - the see what sticks, dream sheet you can then bargain with? LOL
Old Yesterday, 09:23
Authorized Personnel

Interesting case.

On the one hand unless there is absolute proof they were planning a school attack, then the gun issue is a non-starter. Not a crime to have guns, not a crime to teach your kids how to use guns - in fact most of our conversations on guns involves what? Teaching the next generation to use and respect guns so that we have a little bit longer with the 2d Amendment.

But on the other hand the malnourished kids and at least one dying thing? Seems to me that would warrant being remanded until trial.
Old Yesterday, 10:09
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
Interesting case.

On the one hand unless there is absolute proof they were planning a school attack, then the gun issue is a non-starter. Not a crime to have guns, not a crime to teach your kids how to use guns - in fact most of our conversations on guns involves what? Teaching the next generation to use and respect guns so that we have a little bit longer with the 2d Amendment.

But on the other hand the malnourished kids and at least one dying thing? Seems to me that would warrant being remanded until trial.
Oh yeah, not saying they don't deserve a reservation at the Gray Bar Hotel, just that cabbies that send tip money home to Paki get charged with the big "T", but not these jamoke's? Like Fletch said: "Come on guys, it's all terrorism these days" when discussing the Sfitzer valve
Old Yesterday, 12:50
Confirmed User

The last I heard was the Judge released them on $20,000.00 bail, The judge she has been getting threats, an they had to lock down the court house.

Added info

State District Judge Sarah C. Backus is facing a backlash after she ruled Monday that five defendants from a ramshackle Taos County compound raided Aug. 3 can be released from jail pending trial. (Roberto E. Rosales/Albuquerque Journal)

https://www.abqjournal.com/1209009/t...-suspects.html

Dam I got the link to work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Judge.jpg (16.9 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by wildman43; Yesterday at 13:14.

Our new posting rules