SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 11 March 2019, 08:51
Cry havoc

If you have to say you don't hate white guys more than 3 times, you might have an issue.

Just sayin'.

Two eyes from the east.
Old 11 March 2019, 09:54
BTDT

The movie is racist...

I'm tired of the White-Savior trope in hollywood. It seems like Brie Larson is just another virtue signaling leftist for continuing the "White Savior" trope that hollywood just cant let go of.
...and she even put an SJW clause in her contract.

An actress with Chinese heritage was hired to be "not as good" as the white savior (Minerva). Then of course the White Savior had to edge out Maria for screen time - you know because of racism - lord forbid that Maria Rambeau end up as the heroine. Then of course - she works with Korath but she is better than him too - and he becomes a villain. Wakanda is arguably the most advanced nation on earth in the the Marvel Universe. Can they help themselves? No - gotta call the white girl to come save them. Nick Fury - the most badass non-special-power having guy in the universe - nope - he needs the white savior too - since he dropped his pager right before he disintegrated.

Captain Marvel is a racist 'White Savior' film led by a virtue signaling leftist
...or some other outlandish meaningless shit.

Gone are the days when movies didnt have to "mean" something.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 11 March 2019, 14:28
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
The movie is racist...

I'm tired of the White-Savior trope in hollywood. It seems like Brie Larson is just another virtue signaling leftist for continuing the "White Savior" trope that hollywood just cant let go of.

An actress with Chinese heritage was hired to be "not as good" as the white savior (Minerva). Then of course the White Savior had to edge out Maria for screen time - you know because of racism - lord forbid that Maria Rambeau end up as the heroine.
Her daughter Monica is teased in the movie, that character later becomes Captain Marvel...
Old 11 March 2019, 16:58
Cry havoc

Quote:
The movie is racist...

An actress with Chinese heritage was hired to be "not as good" as the white savior (Minerva). Then of course the White Savior had to edge out Maria for screen time - you know because of racism - lord forbid that Maria Rambeau end up as the heroine. Then of course - she works with Korath but she is better than him too - and he becomes a villain. Wakanda is arguably the most advanced nation on earth in the the Marvel Universe. Can they help themselves? No - gotta call the white girl to come save them. Nick Fury - the most badass non-special-power having guy in the universe - nope - he needs the white savior too - since he dropped his pager right before he disintegrated.

Captain Marvel is a racist 'White Savior' film led by a virtue signaling leftist

#NailedIt!!! LMAO

Two eyes from the east.
Old 12 March 2019, 09:50
Confirmed User

Fuck her
Fuck Hollywood
And fuck everybody
Anyway Captain Marvel is and always been a WHITE MAN...
As is Spiderman...

Rant over

"Either go Genghis Khan, or go home..." - Leopardprey
Old 12 March 2019, 13:35
Life is simple, not easy.

Thumbs up

Quote:
The movie is racist...

I could read your posts everyday - in fact I should.
Old 12 March 2019, 13:40
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
Fuck her
Fuck Hollywood
And fuck everybody
As is Spiderman...

Rant over
Spiderman was white in Into the Spiderverse. White Spiderman died, leaving black one to fill his shoes.

Seems fair enough to me.
Old 13 March 2019, 11:35
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
Spiderman was white in Into the Spiderverse. White Spiderman died, leaving black one to fill his shoes.

Seems fair enough to me.
And why is it that he's back as an afro-american kid???

Old 13 March 2019, 11:47
Been There Done That

Meh...zero fucks given about this movie or comic books. But a hero is a hero, color doesn't enter into the picture.
Old 13 March 2019, 14:37
Policeman Officer

True, but Luke Cage reincarnated as a Jewish kid would be a little jarring.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 13 March 2019, 14:53
Confirmed User

Quote:
Nick Fury, too.

Honestly, don't think anyone can do it as well as Samuel L. Jackson...

...Evans's contract is up after this upcoming Avengers movie. I pray they don't follow the comic and make The Falcon the next Cap over Bucky. Worst thing Marvel Comics did...
Old 13 March 2019, 15:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
Nick Fury, too.

Honestly, don't think anyone can do it as well as Samuel L. Jackson...

...Evans's contract is up after this upcoming Avengers movie. I pray they don't follow the comic and make The Falcon the next Cap over Bucky. Worst thing Marvel Comics did...
Rumor is he still might do one more Captain America movie.
Old 13 March 2019, 15:16
Cry havoc

Quote:
Fuck her
Fuck Hollywood
And fuck everybody
As is Spiderman...

Rant over
I'm not a huge comic book fan but I don't think that's true.

Two eyes from the east.
Old 13 March 2019, 15:28
Fan ar an gcosán

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC2W View Post
I'm not a huge comic book fan but I don't think that's true.
I'll jump on the comic nerd grenade. There are three well known (to nerds like me) Captain Marvels:

DC Comics: Captain Marvel (Shazam) that is Billy Batson the kid that turns into Captain Marvel by yelling "Shazam!" He is a magic powered Superman basically. Movie coming out with him also.

Marvel Comics: Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) was a Kree that had Nega Bands that made him strong, fly and blast things. | Captain Marvel (2) that is Carol Danvers and the subject of this thread's movie. She's a blond Wonder Woman created by science that has blasts.

There are a couple of other minor players that used the name, but the three above are the most well known in my nerdy comic mind.

Last edited by Doc P; 13 March 2019 at 15:29. Reason: Organized things a bit
Old 13 March 2019, 15:33
Cry havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc P View Post
I'll jump on the comic nerd grenade. There are three well known (to nerds like me) Captain Marvels:

DC Comics: Captain Marvel (Shazam) that is Billy Batson the kid that turns into Captain Marvel by yelling "Shazam!" He is a magic powered Superman basically. Movie coming out with him also.

Marvel Comics: Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) was a Kree that had Nega Bands that made him strong, fly and blast things. | Captain Marvel (2) that is Carol Danvers and the subject of this thread's movie. She's a blond Wonder Woman created by science that has blasts.

There are a couple of other minor players that used the name, but the three above are the most well known in my nerdy comic mind.
So one was an Alien from outer space and one was a female. And here you fuckers had me thinking it was just another "whiteman" saves us racist movie from Marvel.

WTF?

Two eyes from the east.
Old 13 March 2019, 16:15
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc P View Post

You can't forget about this Captain Marvel from the 80s: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...runner-1140129
Old 13 March 2019, 16:24
BTDT

I'm still going with "White Savior" and "White Washed"

hashtag-MCU is race'is

https://nostalgiaking(dot)com/2018/0...onica-rambeau/
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 13 March 2019, 22:51
Fan ar an gcosán

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
You can't forget about this Captain Marvel from the 80s: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...runner-1140129
Good call. She was legit with light powers. There is a very similarly powered Capt. Marvel from recent years, but not as well known.

Good list of Marvels here: https://bookriot.com/2017/11/09/captain-marvel-101/
Old 14 March 2019, 08:03
Going cyclic!!

Yeah but who remembers the 'Super Woman' Isis from the 70's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBRLV6PGro
Old 14 March 2019, 08:25
Confirmed User

I know that he could end up being a black transgender-fluid communist lesbian but...

This

Is

Captain Marvel...as he was created by Jim Starlin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Life-of-Captain-Marvel-1.jpg (57.6 KB, 74 views)

Our new posting rules