SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 5 March 2019, 21:29
Been There Done That

John Wayne

Well looks like John Wayne is getting slammed. Calls to ban his movies, take down places named after him.

This PC thing is going to far. It was 1970. And he was right with what much he said! Liberals out to destroy everything from the past. Change history. But the lyrics, actions, lifestyles of most actors and singers current is ok?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 5 March 2019, 21:37
Shakin' the bush Boss

What are they on the Duke for?
Old 5 March 2019, 21:51
Been There Done That

Smoked, cussed, drank and now they say he was a racist. Hell, they better never look inward at there major players.

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.
Old 5 March 2019, 21:54
Shakin' the bush Boss

Just googled the article they're spun up about. Whatever. If we're going to dig up every 50yo thing somebody says it's just freakin silly.
Old 5 March 2019, 21:54
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
What are they on the Duke for?
A 1971 interview with Playboy magazine has come to light.

In the interview he states too many fags making fag movies, and that sex should be just between a man and woman.

States that blacks should get more education before pursuing leadership positions in government.

Indians were being selfish with their land.

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 5 March 2019, 22:40
Old Scroll

I'm outraged

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 5 March 2019, 22:42
Authorized Personnel

I'm offended at their offense. I wonder where said offense was when it was initially said.

Oh well, I guess our Nation has become more "sissified" than it was back then.
Old 5 March 2019, 23:29
I reckon so. . .

I guess being thankful is just tres gauche.

Fine. Want to erase the past? How bout we start over. . hahaaaa!!
Old 6 March 2019, 07:57
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Well looks like John Wayne is getting slammed. Calls to ban his movies, take down places named after him.

This PC thing is going to far. It was 1970. And he was right with what much he said! Liberals out to destroy everything from the past. Change history. But the lyrics, actions, lifestyles of most actors and singers current is ok?
Its just a new source of victimization. Its a recruiting drive.... "Seee little fat bald guy in mommy's basement at 45, you watch John Wayne and the whole time you have been submitted to...... whatever the fuck they accuse him of..... Bring your feckless self over here and be a fucking rock star!"
Old 6 March 2019, 10:29
Freelancer

I wish I had all this time some of these Mooks do to get upset by shit said in 1970. People need to get a life.
Old 6 March 2019, 10:46
Confirmed User

Fact: Abraham Lincoln was truly a racist, but he's protected (for now).

When the dust settles this era could be seen as either the beginning of a new dark ages, or the period of escalation leading to a civil war. Hopefully we avoid both and it's just a few decades we get over like the flu.
Old 6 March 2019, 11:26
#AllLionsMatter

LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Its just a new source of victimization. Its a recruiting drive.... "Seee little fat bald guy in mommy's basement at 45, you watch John Wayne and the whole time you have been submitted to...... whatever the fuck they accuse him of..... Bring your feckless self over here and be a fucking rock star!"
Don't mess with The Duke!

Sissy-ass MFers are getting on my last nerve; (country talk) he's dead, leave "the man" be, he ain't fucking with you millennial, metrosexual, type A minus thru Z fuckers!
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old 6 March 2019, 11:46
Freelancer

Found this video, I agree with him, quit whining and make a life for yourself.

There are some good comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUzRyPuuSVQ
Old 6 March 2019, 12:16
Been There Done That

I changed my online persona back to Karl Childers when this story first broke.

I'm outraged.

Karl Childers
Old 6 March 2019, 12:22
BTDT

Why are these liberal purists looking at a 50 year old titty magazine?
Dont they have any respect for women?

Besides, how odd is it that John Wayne "said" some things 50 years ago that are offensive now - and the left is outraged. Even though the man has been dead for 40 years - we need to do something about it. Michael Jackson in contrast, was a drug abuser that fucked little boys - now we need to sue HBO for slandering his name when he is dead and cant defend himself.

Am I missing something?
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 6 March 2019, 12:55
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Gandhi was a pedophile, Woodrow Wilson was a virulent racist, Franklin Roosevelt and John Kennedy and Malcolm X were astonishingly misogynistic, MLK was a serial philanderer who gladly accepted donations from the Communist Party, Robert Byrd was the head of the KKK, Aung San Suu Kyi turned out to be a genocidal dictator, and absolutely none of that matters because Orange Man Bad.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 6 March 2019, 14:58
Confirmed User

Pure Marxism.
Old 11 March 2019, 09:35
Confirmed User

It sounds like these people going after the Duke can't swim. There's a cure for that too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeOWZLpVK58&t=1s

To look around at what you have accomplished in a day gives a man a good feeling. Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion satisfies me.- Richard Proenneke

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."-KJV
Old 11 March 2019, 11:30
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
It sounds like these people going after the Duke can't swim. There's a cure for that too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeOWZLpVK58&t=1s
Good thing ol Rin-Tin-Tin wasnt around to protect Rusty. Duke wouldve been in the pond, too.

Puritans hanged Quakers in Boston back in the day, but the witches in Salem got all the attention. Be angry...
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 12 March 2019, 08:22
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrifle View Post
Good thing ol’ Rin-Tin-Tin wasn’t around to protect Rusty. Duke would’ve been in the pond, too.

Puritans hanged Quakers in Boston back in the day, but the witches in Salem got all the attention. Be angry...
Nah, The Duke had Sam. Sam would have kicked Tin Can's ass, lol. Hondo, one of my favorite JW movies. Probably because it was a very good Louis LaMour novel.

Our new posting rules