SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 9 March 2019, 00:12
Authorized Personnel

Captain Marvel

First and foremost - Brie Larson is hot...and so is her character as Captain Marvel.

Overall, I thought it was well worth the price of admission. There are notable tie-ins with both the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers that provide a little history behind some of the characters. I won't mention any spoilers, but there are characters that are not shown in trailers that are in the movie.

There are two after-credits scenes. One closely following the end of the movie, and the other that is shown after all of the credits. The first after-credit scene is directly related to the new End Game movie, and the second is more of comedic scene.

Safety is binary - Security is emotional
Old 9 March 2019, 06:42
Confirmed User

Apparently I am not allowed to review it as she doesnt need white men telling her what worked and didnt work. She just wants women of color to critique her..
https://ilovemyfreedom.org/hollywood...-marvel-movie/
Old 9 March 2019, 07:26
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Apparently I am not allowed to review it as she doesnt need white men telling her what worked and didnt work. She just wants women of color to critique her..
https://ilovemyfreedom.org/hollywood...-marvel-movie/
I feel dumber for having read that article. Having said that - I don't go to the zoo and then get pissed at the monkeys for throwing poop. I view movies for their entertainment value, not the actor's/actress's views and/or comments that may or may not be taken out of context.

Old 9 March 2019, 07:33
Confirmed User

I agree Maverick. But I am also getting tired of actors/actresses expressing views that I feel have no value to their final product..
And, when my kids/grand-kids see political views of these people, I have to explain to them the value of it..
Old 9 March 2019, 07:36
Administrator

I'm boycotting the movie due to her political mouthiness over the last few months. She went out of her way to insult the core audience of the movie and appears to be a complete jackass.

She also has no ass. Hot is questionable.
Old 9 March 2019, 07:42
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I agree Maverick. But I am also getting tired of actors/actresses expressing views that I feel have no value to their final product..
And, when my kids/grand-kids see political views of these people, I have to explain to them the value of it..
That's fair. I have no kids, so I fortunately only have to put myself in check.

Old 9 March 2019, 07:46
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
I'm boycotting the movie due to her political mouthiness over the last few months. She went out of her way to insult the core audience of the movie and appears to be a complete jackass.

She also has no ass. Hot is questionable.
I honestly pay zero attention to any political rhetoric that comes out of Hollywood. I had no clue she'd said anything until I read that article.

In regards to her ass - I think it's big enough. There's definitely room for improvement though.

Old 9 March 2019, 08:26
Been There Done That

Who? Never heard of her and not into comic books. She won’t have to worry about me going to that mediocre movie at best.
Old 9 March 2019, 08:27
Been There Done That

Seeing how it's white males that turn movies like "Captain Marvel" into huge money makers; Ms. Larson would do well to keep her opinions to herself.

Ms. Larson made her latest point to declare a "white male" problem; because there wasn't enough diversity amongst movie critics. Really?
Old 9 March 2019, 10:03
Sub Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
Who? Never heard of her and not into comic books. She won’t have to worry about me going to that mediocre movie at best.
Ditto! I just have to think up an excuse as to why I can't go see the movie because the 3-females in the house will attempt to drag me kicking and screaming.
Old 9 March 2019, 17:03
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Seeing how it's white males that turn movies like "Captain Marvel" into huge money makers; Ms. Larson would do well to keep her opinions to herself.

Ms. Larson made her latest point to declare a "white male" problem; because there wasn't enough diversity amongst movie critics. Really?
She keeps talking like that she'll never be promoted to Major Marvel

Wasn't "Thou shalt not fuck with mine people" a commandment or something?? God even used semtex on a bush to get his point across ...am I wrong? - DCH

The Bedouin took his revenge after 40 years and said: "I was in a hurry"
Old 9 March 2019, 18:44
Another pool cleaner

I think she meant to say "deplorable"...

Just tired of comic book idiocy.
Old 9 March 2019, 19:17
Been There Done That

I pay attention to all them liberal hateful sonsabitches...they wanna spew hate and talk down to us 'common people' with their holier than thou rhetoric, then I ain't paying to watch'm sing, act, tapdance, or fuck for that matter...well, three our of four ain't bad. I'm older than dirt so that last one is a gimme, depending on the day of the week.
Old 9 March 2019, 19:33
Supporterator

Maybe I'm way off base here, but I often feel as though people who say things like this really don't hate white people--we're just the scapegoat.
They hate America as it was founded and built.

I don't understand why, though.
Old 9 March 2019, 23:22
I reckon so. . .

HollyWood is dumb and they deserve themselves and their dumb fucking movies.

If I watch a Comedy, I don't give a Fuck what color you are, only that it works for me.
Same with a Drama.
Same with Suspense.
Same with Action.

I'll just watch some of the many older movies that were made that had Americans in them. All of those had people of color in them, just like my crayon box.

I do not approve of nor practice discriminating against a person based on the color of their skin only the content of their character, so Hollywood can suck a bag of dicks.

Ditto on the ass SB. Googled it. haha!
Old 10 March 2019, 08:17
Confirmed User

I would never go see it by myself or with my friends but if my nephew wanted to go see it or talk to me about it that is a whole different story.

I watched her run her pie hole on tv when I was flipping channels. The only reason I stopped was so I could hear the lame excuse why it was a great idea to make Captain America female after they had been males for years.

Then she started that whole WM bashing, and diversity spiel. I like many others forum members thought the same thing: Yes it is diversity that buys all the Marvel comic books, goes to comic con and makes these movies multi million dollar affairs.
Old 10 March 2019, 09:00
Red Headed Stepchild

Wow. Lucky for her it's impossible for non white males to be racist, otherwise she might expect to be in some deep shit over that kind of remark.
Old 10 March 2019, 09:13
Confirmed User

"They hate America as it was founded and built.

I don't understand why, though."

Neither do they. They don't understand the founding, only what they have been told, "the founding was old white men and that was bad". Throw in some colonialism and imperialism and send them forth to parrot what they have been taught. For the most part these are not smart or learned individuals, they are simply drones in the culture war, pawns to be used by the left. But they do reach an audience and they do vote so that is why ridicule and scorn should be heaped upon them. They are also gutless people who would never risk going against the belief systems of their cohort because that would result in them being ostracized which to them is a fate worse than death. Because to them it is not the individual that holds worth but rather the group and the belonging to said group.

Bashing whitey is the soup du jour and it is easy to say and in their minds defend because of well, racism. Not much mental capacity required to parrot those tropes to a willing press.
Old 10 March 2019, 11:45
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
I pay attention to all them liberal hateful sonsabitches...they wanna spew hate and talk down to us 'common people' with their holier than thou rhetoric, then I ain't paying to watch'm sing, act, tapdance, or fuck for that matter...well, three our of four ain't bad. I'm older than dirt so that last one is a gimme, depending on the day of the week.
x100. Last year, a few of us had KC Chiefs season tix for the past 7-8 years. 4 household, meant we all got 2 tix for 2 games.
The wife and I talked after the 2017 season and all their stupidity, that we would not renew our portion of the season tickets because of it and we won't spend any money on NFL period until they pull their head out of their ass. One of our neighbors said I was dumb to let their actions dictate to me and take away something that I liked to do. I said no, it's called my own set of values that I feel strongly about. So, like MK, I too, have no problem boycotting, refusing to watch, etc someone or something that doesn't align with my core set of values.
Old 10 March 2019, 18:45
Authorized Personnel

All this, and it still made $455 million this weekend...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/10/media...ice/index.html

Our new posting rules