SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Air Force Special Operations > Pararescue (PJs)

Old 2 March 2002, 00:39
QCO French Letter Vulcanising Company!

Thankyou to ParaRescue Operators from Aussies

On Saturday the 16th of Feb. An Aussie SAS Patrol in a vehicle hit a landmine and 1 of the team was in a critical condition. A couple of helo's were dispatched about twenty minutes after the incident happened and then a US ParaRescue Team took off after the helo's and overtook them. They jumped at the location of the wounded Aussie and fought to stabilise him, but his injuries were too severe and he unfortunately succumbed to his wounds. None of the other operators in the vehicle, an open Landrover 6 wheel drive vehicle, were injured at all. See link below for details
http://www.smh.com.au/news/0202/19/n...tional105.html
I would say that there are a lot of Aussies that are very grateful for what those guys did to try and save Trooper Andrew Russells life. Many thanks to them and I hope they come to Aussie some time in the future and get a chance to enjoy some hospitality from some grateful people.
Johnno

"If you miss your Ex, reload and have another go!!"

Old 5 March 2002, 20:15
That Others May Live

Your Welcome

Don't know if this picture came through or not, but, as the team members in the picture are all busy fighting a war, I'll tell you 'You're welcome, Mate' for them.

Last edited by KJ; 5 March 2002 at 20:19.
Old 5 March 2002, 20:51
QCO French Letter Vulcanising Company!

KJ, Thanks a lot. Great pic, that's one very speccy 130 behind the boys. I just finished reading the book about the rescue season up in Alaska with the Alaska Air National Guard's 210th I think it is being based up there plucking climbers off the peaks there during the climbing season. One hell of a read. It describes the guys, the gear and how hairy it is operating up there doing hi altitude rescues. I take my hat off to the guys, they are a bunch of very together guys that deserve more thanks than they get. I hope the boys get thru the current problem in Afghanistan without any problems and get home safe and sound.
Johnno

PS. the book name is The Rescue Season by Bob Drury. Copywrite and printed in 2001.

"If you miss your Ex, reload and have another go!!"

Last edited by bsmart; 6 March 2002 at 01:00.

Our new posting rules