Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 14 October 2017, 14:56
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Have had the trusted Rolex Explorer II on the wrist all week.
Very nice.

My dad has a Submariner and a Oyster Perpetual Datejust from the mid-80's.

I'm going to buy a Rolex one of these days. I'm still debating on which one. The Explorer definitely piques my interest.
Old 14 October 2017, 16:27
Been There Done That

I like the Explorer II models, as they are 42mm and have a stainless steel bezel. I also find the 24 hour hand useful. I would say the seafwller, submariner and explorers are the "tool watches"of the Rolex line up.

My other watch, one I actually end up wearing more, is an omega speed master. A true tool watch, very reliable, and looks great with a great history.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 14 October 2017, 16:44
Confirmed User

Quote:
I like the Explorer II models, as they are 42mm and have a stainless steel bezel. I also find the 24 hour hand useful. I would say the seafwller, submariner and explorers are the "tool watches"of the Rolex line up.

My other watch, one I actually end up wearing more, is an omega speed master. A true tool watch, very reliable, and looks great with a great history.
Agree on all points. One of my favorite wears is my Seamaster on NATO strap. Speed master will be my next luxury watch.
Old 14 October 2017, 16:45
Confirmed User

Quote:
I picked up the older version Explorer for my father about 11 years ago. He is now 83 and has been wearing it every day since then. Serviced once. Great iconic watch.
Nice!
Old 14 October 2017, 20:37
Confirmed User

Quote:

I'm debating something more dressy because I have a Tag Heuer Aquaracer already. It'll probably become my daily wearer as soon as I get a job that lets me wear a watch.

Our new posting rules