Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 16 October 2017, 08:57
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Just found out my baby sisters, she is 45, best friend from high school etc just committed suicide. She was a 100% disabled Vet, PTSD, anxietys etc. She was coming home and was high jacked by two teenage girls and beaten to the point where she was in ICU. When she was released, a few days later she was found in her bathtub. OD'd on her meds. Just a tragedy..
The girls were arrested, but they were teenagers. I hope Oregon tries them as adults and ties the suicide to them.
Fucking Animals!

Very sorry to hear that Steve.
Old 16 October 2017, 10:00
Social Claymore

Sorry for your loss Steve

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 17 October 2017, 14:48
Authorized Personnel

The fact that my state leads the nation in murders - per capita - for the 28th straight year!

Yep...things are getting better....

http://louisianaradionetwork.com/blo...n#.WeYLOmhSxPY
Old 17 October 2017, 15:03
Social Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
The fact that my state leads the nation in murders - per capita - for the 28th straight year!

1st is something ain't always great.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 17 October 2017, 15:08
Authorized Personnel

Getting another reminder that I'm old.

I'm working on a little irrigation project on my property. Had to carry two 40lb bags of sacrete about 200 yards. Put one on each shoulder, took off, got to the end and felt like I'd done a 12 mile road march. Used to carry that load for miles. I'm attempting to convince myself that I was only tired because it was uphill.
Old 17 October 2017, 21:16
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post

Well, at least you kill each other. My state is:

#1 - Overdose deaths
#1 - Obesity
# 48 - Per Capita income per family

Several other categories expected from an economically depressed area.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 17 October 2017, 21:17
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
Well, at least you kill each other. My state is:

#1 - Overdose deaths
#1 - Obesity
# 48 - Per Capita income per family

Several other categories expected from an economically depressed area.
Yep...we are last in a LOT of areas that I don't even look at anymore. Oh well...
Old 18 October 2017, 05:36
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
My state is:
Yeah, my in-laws are still in Greenbrier County. It's a mess. Watched a special on the OD epidemic in Huntington the other day. Look on the bright side, at least you're not in McDowell County. When I fish down there I feel like I should get a star for my CIB.
Old 18 October 2017, 07:20
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Yeah, my in-laws are still in Greenbrier County. It's a mess. Watched a special on the OD epidemic in Huntington the other day. Look on the bright side, at least you're not in McDowell County. When I fish down there I feel like I should get a star for my CIB.
McDowell, Wyoming, Boone & Mingo counties are like the wild west. I don't even go that way unless going down I-77.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old Yesterday, 23:35
Anesthetized User

I have not talked about this before. June 2002.

I transported a critical head to a local hospital. Very critical, RSI, ET, Vent, Femoral line etc. I was pretty stressed. I am writing my patient care report and the ED doc walks in and asks me how I am doing. We were both about 35. She and I were close, I sighed and she sat down with me. And we talked. No shit, within 2 minutes of her sitting down she grabbed my hand, looked at me and said "you have been hurt". It was as if this amazing woman peered into my fucking soul and ripped apart a lifetime of shit. We talked and I pulled it together, regrouped and we went back to our station.

Two days later, I transport again, walk into the ER and it is somber. I grabbed one of the nurses I knew and we talked. My friend, Jane Tonkin MD, shot and killed herself. I fucking lost it in the middle of the ER. They pulled us out of service, called Placer County SO chaplancy. No one knows why she did it.

One of our Paramedics transported there the day before and as they were walking in, Jane walking out. Per the Paramedic she looked upset, they talked in passing and he said "you're coming back right"? Joking. She said no.

We never saw her again. She was flown home to Australia to be with her family. I never got a chance to help her the way she helped me. I miss her.

RIP Jane Earle Tonkin MD.

Support SOCNET.

Last edited by Expatmedic; Yesterday at 23:50.
Old Yesterday, 23:41
Another pool cleaner

Expatmedic, that was powerful.

She sounded like a fine person.

RIP.
Old Today, 00:08
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post
RIP indeed. Some candles burn brighter than others but burn out way too soon.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old Today, 01:48
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:

I'm working on a little irrigation project on my property. Had to carry two 40lb bags of sacrete about 200 yards. Put one on each shoulder, took off, got to the end and felt like I'd done a 12 mile road march. Used to carry that load for miles. I'm attempting to convince myself that I was only tired because it was uphill.
My back, neck, knee and shoulder all reminded me that no way am I getting 200 years with 40lb bags on each shoulder. I need to get into shape.

Expatmedic that was a very powerful post.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old Today, 02:43
In Vino Veritas

Quote:

You know, you could have just put ONE bag on your should and made TWO trips Or just put them in a wheelbarrow, whateves.
Old Today, 03:01
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
RIP Jane Earle Tonkin MD
Ouch. Sorry brother.
Old Today, 11:20
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
I never got a chance to help her the way she helped me. I miss her.

I suspect you've tried to help others the way she helped you. Grace and peace.
Old Today, 13:03
#BlackRiflesMatter

Quote:
RIP.
Old Today, 16:23
Confirmed User

Watching a friend descend into the hell that is full blown alcoholism and not being able to get him to change his ways - I know he has to be the one to make the decision but I still don't like having to watch it happen. Good guy who just isn't handling shit the way he should, been a slow progression that has accelerated over the last three months.

Our new posting rules