Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 12 June 2016, 22:45
Confirmed User

Hans Rudolph Gresham - SF - Just Like J. Thomas Burch

Quote:
Rudy has spent years spinning webs of lies, telling people he served with General Yarborough in Vietnam, he has been able to get people to believe his lies to the point that he has gotten thousands and thousands of dollars from high profile people. He even had the Green Beret community fooled for many years believing he was a retired Green Beret officer, some had their suspicions but couldn’t prove it.

Up until about a year ago Rudi was also a board member of that National Vietnam Veterans Foundation, he was listed on their website as Director of Charity. Now we find out that he was also not what he claims to have been all of these years, telling people he was a Green Beret that served in Vietnam when his official records paint a totally different story.

When people would ask Rudy about his Special Forces claims, he would say he had a letter from General Yarborough that said he served as a Green Beret with in Vietnam. Now I have never known anyone to produce a letter from a General Officer as proof of being anything, usually its a DD214 or something similar.
Source: Guardian of Valor
Old 12 June 2016, 23:00
Been There Done That

Rudy Gresham has a long and convoluted relationship with both the Special Forces Association and the Special Operations Association.
Old 13 June 2016, 00:13
The Sagacious One

Once again, a lack of ability to vet actual warriors.....
Old 16 June 2016, 22:03
Authorized Personnel

I don't know how the claim of having served with LTG Yarborough in Vietnam held water. AFAIK, the general was never assigned to Vietnam. He was in Cambodia.
Old 16 June 2016, 22:55
Authorized Personnel

I just checked and he (Yarborough) was assigned to MAAG - Cambodia in 1956 which was about 8 years before Rudi entered the Army.
Old 16 June 2016, 23:29
Been There Done That

Mr. Gresham was a very active and vocal member of both the SFA and SOA. I'm guessing no one thought to question his background, especially since his claims were relatively sedate (run-of-the-mill SF officer, no "I killed Che Guevara" or "MFF into the Hanoi Hilton" stories).
Old 17 June 2016, 08:55
Authorized Personnel

I wonder who approved his SFA membership (M or D) and what documentation he supplied with his application.

What were his qualifications for SOA membership.

He's made both organizations look like horse's asses.
Old 17 June 2016, 09:00
Been There Done That

A couple of SFA administrations ago, they were after him. I don't know the details but when I see one of the former SFA admins on Monday, I'll inquire.

He also was a big hangaround with Ross Perot, I wonder how Ross is gonna feel abt this...

Rudy Gresham needs to go down in flames...
Old 17 June 2016, 12:37
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by E19 View Post
I wonder who approved his SFA membership (M or D) and what documentation he supplied with his application.

What were his qualifications for SOA membership.

He's made both organizations look like horse's asses.
I take that back. The SFA, and SOA made themselves look like horse's asses.
Old 17 June 2016, 12:46
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by E19 View Post
I take that back. The SFA, and SOA made themselves look like horse's asses.
Correct.

To bad SF had so many was to get "qualified" back in the day. I wish we started off correctly like the SEAL's, RGR's and the like.

However...he WAS NOT, or EVER SFQ'd
Old 20 June 2016, 23:56
Rest In Peace

SOA shitcanned him a long time ago, 1998 or 99 IIRC. I don't think he ever had a coherent SOA story to support his membership -- like a lot of phonies he's very vague about his whereabouts, etc.

None of these "SF" guys seem to have team leaders/sergeants/teammates or to have gone to school with anybody.

As far as Rudi is concerned, SFAHQ has been aware of his misrepresentations for a while. Because he is so well connected politically they were being extremely systematic with the shitcan process, which makes it look like they're slow walking it.

He's been running around purging his shit on social media. Good luck with that, ya self-promoting little weasel.
Old 22 June 2016, 18:04
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hognose View Post

As far as Rudi is concerned, SFAHQ has been aware of his misrepresentations for a while. Because he is so well connected politically they were being extremely systematic with the shitcan process, which makes it look like they're slow walking it
A simple FIOA request for his records from the NPRC would have been all they needed to boot his PFC ass out. They should not have let him resign...he should have been expelled and exposed Publicly.
Old 3 June 2017, 03:52
Confirmed User

Not A Vietnam Vet Nor SF Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebo View Post
A couple of SFA administrations ago, they were after him. I don't know the details but when I see one of the former SFA admins on Monday, I'll inquire.

He also was a big hangaround with Ross Perot, I wonder how Ross is gonna feel abt this...

Rudy Gresham needs to go down in flames...
Sorry 'bout these chopped up screen shots.. I have the whole NPRC file if anyone wants it..

And Rudy's not a Vietnam Vet.. And not SF either.. BUT he did go AWOL for 20 days.. ... ..Clay

Our new posting rules