Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 8 August 2006, 14:08
SOCNET Moderator

If anyone here has reason to be called a poser, I think it would be Darkrain.

Consider the following:

In his initial post to this thread, he claims that Dr. Maung Gyi was exposed as a phoney.

Yet on his website, Darkrain states that he received his training and black belts from that same person. Would that not call into question his own training and qualifications?

He claims that Hackathorn has seriously overstated his credentials regarding his service in Special Forces.

Yet when we look at Darkrains website, he claims to have been invoved in 4 major operations during the Vietnam War, one of which was a NVA operation, and none of which were participated in by the ship on which he claims service. He also expands his time spent in Vietnamese waters to "73-74" when in actuality, the ship on which he served spent about 20 or so days in Vietnamese waters during the spring of 1973.

Darkrain now leaves open the door to credibility questions. If one of his students is on a stand under oath, they will now have to say that they got their training from a liar who was himself trained by a liar. And who was exposed as such while calling someone else a liar.

Oh the irony.

Read it for yourself: http://usabando.com/AboutUs/Instructors/kevinmartin.htm

By the way Darkrain, WTF is a Military Police Dagger?

The 4 Soldierly Values: Candor, Courage, Competence, Commitment

Ekky Ekky Ekky Ekky p-Tang Zoo Boing mumble, mumble
Old 8 August 2006, 14:09
товарищ

I love this place.

So, I take it you aren't going to come to my place for some Khukri-fried chicken anytime soon?

:D
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Old 8 August 2006, 14:25
SOCNET Moderator

How about coming down to Dixie for some Kukri-Katfish :D

Old 8 August 2006, 14:54
Banned User

Posers just don't seem to understand. No matter how obscure your claim to fame is someone here either participated in the operation, knows someone who participated, or knows enough about history to blow you out of the water. These people really need to stay over on mil.com
Old 8 August 2006, 15:53
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhat
TPD got the DD214, and I've been appraised of what it says. Based on the MOS awarded, and certificates issued from JFK, I'd say that Mr. Hackathorn has the right to claim that he was an SF Soldier.
How much easier was that than the long winded posts debating nuances that didn't help his case?

Thanks for lending your expertise.
Old 8 August 2006, 17:45
Who's da clown behind me?

Sounds like the case against Hackathorn is closed and a case against Darkrain has been opened.
Old 8 August 2006, 19:28
Probationary User

Posers?

Sorry about that, just repeated myself!! getting old is tough, the first thing to go is the memory...can not think what the next one is?
Old 9 August 2006, 16:35
SOCNET Moderator

curiouser and curiouser

http://www.athenscountycpcourt.org/

Visit, if you would like, the above link to the Athens County Clerk of Common Pleas Court.

Click on the button in the upper right hand corner labelled "Search".

Now, on the left side of the screen click "General Index".

Now, in the center of the screen, enter the name "Martin, Kevin" and press enter.

Under case #04ST003 we have a parent seeking a Civil Stalking Protection Order for her minor child. Defendant, Kevin Martin. Doesn't say why, but the order was dropped.

Under case #04CR087, we have defendant Kevin Martin indicted for 3 counts of Gross Sexual Imposition. Backstory on this is the victim was a foreign exchange student. Defense filed multiple continuances, and like all exchange students do, she went home. Victim did not want to come back to the US, so case was dropped.

Under case #06CI069, Kevin and his business were sued by the people who live across the street. No specifics as to why they sought the restraining order and replevin, but we can safely assume that their relationship was less than "neighborly". Judgement went for the defendant.

So far this guy has been teflon. Nothing sticks to him. And I'm sure he feels quite vindicated having never been convicted. However, someone living the life of the Dalai Lama, does not find themselves in court very often.

Where there is smoke, there may not exactly be fire, but there most certainly is combustion.

EDIT TO ADD: In case there is any confusion, Kevin Martin is Darkrain.

Last edited by TPD1280; 9 August 2006 at 21:17.
Old 9 August 2006, 18:21
Swimming Upstream

I guess this is sort of a "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" case, eh?
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 9 August 2006, 23:53
Violent Social Worker

Must be a bitch to heat that glass house in the winter, Kevin.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 10 August 2006, 00:15

OK, I know I have not been here long enough to ask this but.... from what TPD1280 has found and posted, why is Darkrain still a member of this board and not been banned?
Old 10 August 2006, 00:16
Violent Social Worker

I'm sure the grid has been called in.

"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

Old 10 August 2006, 08:25
Confirmed User

Damn!! Yall are the greatest.
People think that the internet is ananomus so they can be whatever they want to be or drag somebody else through the mud. Not on this site, not with these people. Thanks for busting posers and vetting honorable people.
Old 10 August 2006, 09:24
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Shotalot
OK, I know I have not been here long enough to ask this but.... from what TPD1280 has found and posted, why is Darkrain still a member of this board and not been banned?
From my short time here the admins do not just get rid of people at the first sign of trouble. From what I have seen the facts are laid out before them, they are given a chance to explain, and then judgement is rendered.

I would imagine that Darkrain's silence has forstalled judgement.

On some forums idiots hang around for quite a while without being booted. The gentlemen in control on socnet are not fearful of hurting feelings and giving you the boot if warranted.

(edited to correct poor spelling)

Last edited by Hard H2O; 10 August 2006 at 12:52.
Old 10 August 2006, 12:38
Been There Done That

I love a happy ending :)

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 10 August 2006, 19:38
Administrator

Darkrain,

Your no longer welcome here, have a nice day.

SOCNET Admin

Loved by few, judged by many
Old 11 August 2006, 10:11
Confirmed User

so my time spent with the third imperial stormtrooper division in that op on Endor might be questioned?? :)
Old 11 August 2006, 15:00
Violent Social Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog513
so my time spent with the third imperial stormtrooper division in that op on Endor might be questioned?? :)
If you were really there, then which moon of Endor was it?

Old 11 August 2006, 15:18
товарищ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt
If you were really there, then which moon of Endor was it?
Hah - trick question. Endor was the name of the moon and the planet - the planet was an uninhabitable gas giant!

Uhhh.... I'm not a nerd but I play one on the internet .
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Old 11 August 2006, 15:54

I love the way this thread has gone. :D Makes for a most interesting read as I have learned how the 18 series MOS came about and that Endor was the name for the moon and the planet!! Just too freakn' funny!! I'm glad the COL isn't around to hear me laugh outload! Keep this thread going. You guys are great! :D :D

Our new posting rules