Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23 October 2014, 17:38
Justaclerk's Avatar
Justaclerk Justaclerk is offline
Drawing my cutlass
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 7,271
John Wick

Looks like this is going to be a winner. Rotten Tomatoes has it at 92% and the trailer is awesome as fuck.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/john...contentReviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RllJtOw0USI
__________________
Quote:
Death is a farcical pile of bullshit.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach

Last edited by Justaclerk; 23 October 2014 at 17:54.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23 October 2014, 21:08
Spinner's Avatar
Spinner Spinner is offline
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 11,522
Maybe enough time has passed that I won't think of Johnny Utah every time I see Keanu Reeves in a movie.
__________________
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23 October 2014, 21:48
TennesseeDave's Avatar
TennesseeDave TennesseeDave is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 856
I plan to catch it next week.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25 October 2014, 00:44
hawkdrver's Avatar
hawkdrver hawkdrver is offline
Red Headed Stepchild
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: AK
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Maybe enough time has passed that I won't think of Johnny Utah every time I see Keanu Reeves in a movie.
nope
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25 October 2014, 02:04
Johan's Avatar
Johan Johan is offline
I am into Champagne
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Too low, too fast, etc.
Posts: 2,351
2 best K. Reeves movies for me

I like him very much in-

'Street Kings'
'Constantine'

I will see this one as well.

Regards,
__________________
Though here at journey's end I lie
in darkness buried deep,
beyond all towers strong and high,
beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25 October 2014, 07:43
gavin's Avatar
gavin gavin is online now
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Back where it all began
Posts: 4,824
Some of what is written in this thread is borderline heresy.

Keanu Reeves is the BEST ACTOR EVER.

When I retire, I will open a university dedicated to the study of Keanu Reeves and his craft. While it seems difficult to pack this amazing body of work into just four years, most people must dedicate time to things that actually earn an income.

I am still working on the syllabus, but this is my basic plan.

YEAR ONE: Let's start lighthearted, with Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Parenthood.

YEAR TWO: A walk on the wild side, with Street Kings and Point Break.

YEAR THREE: We're going to explore the romantic, classical arts, with Dangerous Liaisons and My Own Private Idaho.

YEAR FOUR: A true challenge. The Matrix series. with Honors credits if a student can actually explain the plot coherently.

For those who truly pursue excellence (and have a trust fund), two years of Postgraduate study comparing and contrasting 47 Ronin and The Replacements, two incredible films which have identical plots, yet no one actually watched.
__________________
Clumsy Latin Phrase!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25 October 2014, 13:38
Hot Mess's Avatar
Hot Mess Hot Mess is offline
In Vino Veritas
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where you vacation
Posts: 10,304
Thumbs up

^^^^^^^LOL. If only I could afford the post graduate course.
__________________
Come on boys, you got to do it right, pray to the moon in the middle of the night
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25 March 2015, 21:49
Sltwtr1's Avatar
Sltwtr1 Sltwtr1 is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Soy Paisa
Posts: 2,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Some of what is written in this thread is borderline heresy.

Keanu Reeves is the BEST ACTOR EVER.

When I retire, I will open a university dedicated to the study of Keanu Reeves and his craft. While it seems difficult to pack this amazing body of work into just four years, most people must dedicate time to things that actually earn an income.

I am still working on the syllabus, but this is my basic plan.

YEAR ONE: Let's start lighthearted, with Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Parenthood.

YEAR TWO: A walk on the wild side, with Street Kings and Point Break.

YEAR THREE: We're going to explore the romantic, classical arts, with Dangerous Liaisons and My Own Private Idaho.

YEAR FOUR: A true challenge. The Matrix series. with Honors credits if a student can actually explain the plot coherently.

For those who truly pursue excellence (and have a trust fund), two years of Postgraduate study comparing and contrasting 47 Ronin and The Replacements, two incredible films which have identical plots, yet no one actually watched.
Have you considered maybe a student day trip, maybe rent a bus to go somewhere and study the elements of the movie Speed?

Followed up by a semester at sea where you can study Speed II?

Just food for thought?




I think those were some of his best works.. Though Point Break is my hands down favorite.

Sltwtr1

OUT
__________________
"That's the problem with you people, you want results but you aren't willing to get your hands dirty!"

Jack Bauer
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24 October 2014, 23:50
Atrax's Avatar
Atrax Atrax is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CONUS
Posts: 331
Pretty mediocre IMHO. Decent fight scenes, crappy Keanu dialogue as per usual, plot line that offered no real surprises. Catch the matinee.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 25 October 2014, 13:54
8654maine 8654maine is offline
Another pool cleaner
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,709
LOL. I actually liked the Replacements.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 25 October 2014, 14:20
Hostile0311 Hostile0311 is online now
Ne Obliviscaris
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Malta
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
LOL. I actually liked the Replacements.
Same here. My favorite part. "That's your ride over there idnit?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Of6XiJKZP4
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 7 November 2016, 14:27
ramzmedic ramzmedic is offline
Genetically Deplorable
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Hastings, MN
Posts: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
LOL. I actually liked the Replacements.
My 2 girl cousins live in Pennsylvania and they spent a week at their own expense to be extras on that movie. Most of the football scenes were done at the Baltimore Ravens stadium. They got fed 2 crappy hot dogs a day for sitting in the stands in scorching hot weather.

Last edited by ramzmedic; 7 November 2016 at 14:35.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 7 November 2016, 16:11
revanation revanation is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
My 2 girl cousins live in Pennsylvania and they spent a week at their own expense to be extras on that movie. Most of the football scenes were done at the Baltimore Ravens stadium. They got fed 2 crappy hot dogs a day for sitting in the stands in scorching hot weather.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeXk5oCVRNzlaUiv4dovrABHyy2QiY-2ggIG5L84I1TNkarLMK

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 7 November 2016, 16:17
revanation revanation is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 23
^ ..guess I can't post images so that was a fail
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 25 October 2014, 16:02
Spinner's Avatar
Spinner Spinner is offline
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 11,522
I was going to suggest that the world needs a sequel to Point Break, but it looks like the movie gods have decided to punish us instead with a remake of the original.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2058673/
__________________
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who!"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 25 October 2014, 20:43
just11b's Avatar
just11b just11b is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Redneck Riviera
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I was going to suggest that the world needs a sequel to Point Break, but it looks like the movie gods have decided to punish us instead with a remake of the original.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2058673/
So much for being original huh. They will fuck the movie all up no doubt, especially trying to replace that crazy fucker Gary Busey's character. Crazy dudes normally play good crazy dudes IMO. This is one remake I will not be watching.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 28 October 2014, 20:15
TennesseeDave's Avatar
TennesseeDave TennesseeDave is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 856
I think it's worth a matinee. Nothing original or earth shattering but it wins as an action film
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 28 October 2014, 20:23
Gumby2/6's Avatar
Gumby2/6 Gumby2/6 is offline
Calculating Infinity...
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 1,270
Looks cheesy. Perfect redbox candidate.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 25 January 2015, 10:29
Macka's Avatar
Macka Macka is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SOCNET-Northeast
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I was going to suggest that the world needs a sequel to Point Break, but it looks like the movie gods have decided to punish us instead with a remake of the original.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2058673/
The kid who is playing Johnny Utah in the remake looks like he could be Keanu Reeves little brother.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2015-01-25 at 9.27.33 AM.png (156.8 KB, 548 views)
__________________
Freedom costs a Buck 0-5
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 28 October 2014, 22:19
Spinner's Avatar
Spinner Spinner is offline
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 11,522
I'm looking forward to watching it, maybe it will cleanse my cinematic palate of such gems as Johnny Mnemonic.

I actually enjoy watching that movie on occasion, especially that scene where the guy gets sliced in half by the laser whip.
__________________
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET