Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Air Force Special Operations > Pararescue (PJs)

Old 19 December 2015, 07:59
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
IF he is 80% he should also be 20% unemployable = 100% disability pay by the V.A. plus pay for wife etc. His AFI 36-3208 has several reason for discharge the separation code JK (need the last letter of it )

Not so, it doesn't quite work like that. But it is important to determine whether the VA awarded him 80% on that short period of service, or if he successfully scammed the system.
Old 19 December 2015, 08:06
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24/7 View Post
Recommend also being very careful if you and he share the use of the same computer.
I would quietly and discretely set myself up to leave and then leave. Once you are in a separate location and on your own two feet, you can address this situation as you deem appropriate. But first, get off the X, so to speak so you are in a position of safety and strength. It sounds like you have a job/income so you are ahead of the typical game already. I'm sorry, you have been lied to and deceived. He was removed from the AF for misconduct and continues to prove his character to you by the continued deceit, rather than having the courage to tell you the truth (after all, most people have made mistakes and screwed up something along the way).

As far as reporting him to the VA, others here can advise better than I.
Old 19 December 2015, 08:40
Been There Done That

Separate bank account NOW. Your check to go straight to the new account. Cancel all joint credit card accounts.
Old 19 December 2015, 10:04
Administrator

Those of you who have commentary that isn't linked to directly providing advice that actually helps the issue should control your impulse to post.

This has gone beyond anyone can have an opinion.
Old 19 December 2015, 10:54
0311/8651

I connected her with a VA investigator
Old 19 December 2015, 13:05
Confirmed User

I am not military or remotely BTDT, but I would offer this advice. Years ago, and in connection with a cleared DoS position, I was placed in front of a judge to answer for a situation I had unwittingly been involved in. The ONLY thing the judge took into account was that I had been proactive in investigating and distancing myself from it once I had a suspicion of the truth, and had documentation to prove my intent (obviously, it resolved favorably).

If there is any chance of being forced to answer for his actions, even tangentially, to someone who can affect your livelihood, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT.

I don't usually offer advice in this forum, but I hope this helps. I wish you strength.

TF
Old 19 December 2015, 14:17
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
Not so, it doesn't quite work like that. But it is important to determine whether the VA awarded him 80% on that short period of service, or if he successfully scammed the system.
In accordance with current Regulations IF an individual is rated at 80% by the V.A. they are also rated as 20% unemployable = 100% disability pay by the V.A.

I said the word IF is the main factor I have seen individuals with less time than this one rated at 100%.
Old 19 December 2015, 14:25
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
In accordance with current Regulations IF an individual is rated at 80% by the V.A. they are also rated as 20% unemployable = 100% disability pay by the V.A.

I said the word IF is the main factor I have seen individuals with less time than this one rated at 100%.
No one I know with 80% (including me) VA rating gets 100% disability pay. What's the paperwork to make this happen?
Nevermind, I just did a search using the term unemployable. It is not automatic and there must be evidence of inability to be employed. That clears things up:

In order to qualify for IU, you must have one of the following:

1) a 60-percent or more disability evaluation based on a single service-connected disability or,

2) a 70-percent combined disability evaluation based on multiple service-connected disabilities, with at least one disability rated at 40 percent or more.

In these cases, VA will consider a Veteran’s eligibility for IU, if there is evidence showing he or she cannot work due to service-connected disabilities In both instances, VA reviews all the evidence of record and decides if a Veteran’s disability is, by law, severe enough to grant IU.

Let’s use a hypothetical situation. Say a Veteran claims he can’t work and doesn’t understand why he isn’t getting IU. He is service-connected at 30 percent for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and 10 percent for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)

Since the Veteran has only two service-connected disabilities, both the Veteran’s PTSD and IBS have to be evaluated at a higher combined rate and be the reason he can’t work to receive IU.

How is the way VA decides total disability different from other agencies?

The law requires different criteria for other government agencies that process disability benefit claims. The Social Security Administration, for example, requires a claimant to be totally disabled after considering age, education, and prior work experience in order to be eligible for social security disability. VA only considers service-connected disabilities when considering entitlement to IU, and those disabilities must be the reason the Veteran can no longer be gainfully employed. IU is meant to compensate a Veteran for service-connected disability or disabilities which do not meet the schedular requirements for a total evaluation at the 100-percent rate.

If you think you fall into this category, I encourage you to work with a Veterans Service Organization, a state or county service officer, or see your public contact team at your nearest regional office. You can also find more information on our IU website, http://www.benefits.va.gov/compensat...loyability.asp. I am also happy to answer your questions in the comments section.
Old 21 December 2015, 10:26
Been There Done That

There should be a set of 4, 5 or 6 numbers in Block 11 and then a set of three alphanumeric characters in block 26. What are those?

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.
Old 26 December 2015, 12:34
That Others May Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu King Lawyer View Post
I'm asking. Will one of the BTDT PJs on this Board PM lila222, get his PII data, and actually verify that he is a poser? It's more than important. Once that which we all know to be true is done, please PM me.
Pretty sure PJ1 already did that. We have a PJ Roster. He is not on it. And Lila222, yes he is a criminal if his PTSD claims are for "black ops" as a Pararescueman.

VA fraud is tough to prove after it has been granted. It seems simple enough, but you run into legal battles about HIPA n shit. If there is a case, you could try the hotline: http://www.va.gov/oig/hotline/faq.asp

But they are pretty lazy unless it involves a business or the VA making the fraud itself, IMHO.

In addition to the VA fraud, he is also in violation of the Stolen Valor Act of 2013, as a minimum for his claim of the MoH:

US Code Of the Stolen Valor Act of 2013

18 U.S. Code § 704 - Military medals or decorations
Current through Pub. L. 114-19. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)
prev | next
(a) In General.— Whoever knowingly purchases, attempts to purchase, solicits for purchase, mails, ships, imports, exports, produces blank certificates of receipt for, manufactures, sells, attempts to sell, advertises for sale, trades, barters, or exchanges for anything of value any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the armed forces of the United States, or any of the service medals or badges awarded to the members of such forces, or the ribbon, button, or rosette of any such badge, decoration or medal, or any colorable imitation thereof, except when authorized under regulations made pursuant to law, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
(b) Fraudulent Representations About Receipt of Military Decorations or Medals.— Whoever, with intent to obtain money, property, or other tangible benefit, fraudulently holds oneself out to be a recipient of a decoration or medal described in subsection (c)(2) or (d) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
(c) Enhanced Penalty for Offenses Involving Congressional Medal of Honor.—
(1) In general.— If a decoration or medal involved in an offense under subsection (a) is a Congressional Medal of Honor, in lieu of the punishment provided in that subsection, the offender shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.
(2) Congressional medal of honor defined.— In this subsection, the term “Congressional Medal of Honor” means—
(A) a medal of honor awarded under section 3741, 6241, or 8741 of title 10 or section 491 of title 14;
(B) a duplicate medal of honor issued under section 3754, 6256, or 8754 of title 10 or section 504 of title 14; or
(C) a replacement of a medal of honor provided under section 3747, 6253, or 8747 of title 10 or section 501 of title 14.
(d) Enhanced Penalty for Offenses Involving Certain Other Medals.—
(1) In general.— If a decoration or medal involved in an offense described in subsection (a) is a distinguished-service cross awarded under section 3742 of title 10, a Navy cross awarded under section 6242 of title 10, an Air Force cross awarded under section 8742 of section [1] 10, a silver star awarded under section 3746, 6244, or 8746 of title 10, a Purple Heart awarded under section 1129 of title 10, a combat badge, or any replacement or duplicate medal for such medal as authorized by law, in lieu of the punishment provided in the applicable subsection, the offender shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.
(2) Combat badge defined.— In this subsection, the term “combat badge” means a Combat Infantryman’s Badge, Combat Action Badge, Combat Medical Badge, Combat Action Ribbon, or Combat Action Medal.

P.S. (If you care about this man at all, don't let him run into me or any of my brothers. Ever.)
Old 28 December 2015, 04:51

Thank you KJ.

Our new posting rules