Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Air Force Special Operations > Pararescue (PJs)

Old 21 January 2016, 16:40
Doc McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.USMCR.MSgt. View Post
I'm calling off the dogs. You guys do great work. I just got a phone call from the person in question, apologizing to me for misrepresenting his service. I’m satisfied with that. He has lost our trust and is humiliated. He will be making a formal apology to the team at our next team meeting. Thanks for the quick response to all.
Brother, are you sure you're satisfied? Is there a chance he got his job based on phony claims, above other, more qualified officers? I ask b/c a platoon brother was in a similar situation. Less than stellar guy was getting promoted to SWAT commander based on his "SEAL" experience.

Just asking - it's your workplace and crew. I'm glad he came clean bro.
Old 21 January 2016, 16:55
Been There Done That

Quote:
I'm calling off the dogs.
I'm not really sure there is any "calling off the dogs" once a train like this starts rolling down the track...

First, the PJ community is likely not in a "forgive & forget" mode when it finds folks stealing the honor of their brothers, living or departed.

Second, folks like this apologize all the time, then move on and start the same prevarications in a different place - and gain positions or some renumeration as a result. This guy is a Sgt on your PD, and this whole affair brings up Brady issues. He should be removed from the force, removed from LE work:

"Under Brady, evidence affecting the credibility of the police officer as a witness may be exculpatory evidence and should be given to the defense during discovery. Indeed, evidence that the officer has had in his personnel file a sustained finding of untruthfulness is clearly exculpatory to the defense."

You do yourself and your Dept a favor by riding this assclown out of LE on a rail.
Old 21 January 2016, 17:28
Been There Done That

Yea I don't think the dogs will be stropping for an apology.
Old 22 January 2016, 14:55

Yaaaaa, I didn’t really think my last post would stop the train or leash the dogs. You guys deserve to see false valor phonies squashed. So here is what has happened since. The day after the phone call from the guy in question I got another phone call. This call was from my Lieutenant and Commander (speaker phone). They wanted to know the details of my conversation. I told them the details and to my surprise they want me to press on. Apparently the ball has been rolling on this guy for a while and this new information added momentum. I don’t except to see him again at SRT. I’ll keep everyone posted.

Has anyone been able to find out this guys current status (retired, actively drilling, IRR)? My commander was especially interested in that piece. Also we are curious about his rank. He told us he is an E-9.
Old 22 January 2016, 15:24
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
I'm not really sure there is any "calling off the dogs" once a train like this starts rolling down the track...

First, the PJ community is likely not in a "forgive & forget" mode when it finds folks stealing the honor of their brothers, living or departed.

Second, folks like this apologize all the time, then move on and start the same prevarications in a different place - and gain positions or some renumeration as a result. This guy is a Sgt on your PD, and this whole affair brings up Brady issues. He should be removed from the force, removed from LE work:

"Under Brady, evidence affecting the credibility of the police officer as a witness may be exculpatory evidence and should be given to the defense during discovery. Indeed, evidence that the officer has had in his personnel file a sustained finding of untruthfulness is clearly exculpatory to the defense."

You do yourself and your Dept a favor by riding this assclown out of LE on a rail.
You bring up a very serious issue. If a defense lawyer finds out about this, or someone who was convicted somewhat based on testimony from the officer in question, this could be very serious.

It is all about credibility. You usually find out that if a person lies or is dishonest in one part of their lives, they are dishonest and/or lie in other parts of their lives as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 22 January 2016, 15:31

Quote:
Yaaaaa, I didnít really think my last post would stop the train or leash the dogs. You guys deserve to see false valor phonies squashed. So here is what has happened since. The day after the phone call from the guy in question I got another phone call. This call was from my Lieutenant and Commander (speaker phone). They wanted to know the details of my conversation. I told them the details and to my surprise they want me to press on. Apparently the ball has been rolling on this guy for a while and this new information added momentum. I donít except to see him again at SRT. Iíll keep everyone posted.

Has anyone been able to find out this guys current status (retired, actively drilling, IRR)? My commander was especially interested in that piece. Also we are curious about his rank. He told us he is an E-9.
I sent out an FOIA on him two days ago so it may take a couple weeks. I managed to find out he is attached to the 173rd CES squadron in Selfridge, MI although I'm waiting to hear back from the CC there. I left him a personal message on his cell phone two days also but he may not answer that until drill weekend. We'll ge to the bottom of it. I maintain this is not an innocent excursion into lying. They guy carries a gun and a badge and he's clearly a liar - the implications as my brother already said are huge and not fair to the public. He does not have any place in LE any longer. You can't undo what he did. I sure appreciate your push and following through. I will PM you as soon as I get something back. Hoo Yah!!!
Old 27 January 2016, 10:23

As of Monday the 25th the person in question has been transferred out of SRT and back to patrol pending a formal investigation. As it turns out we were not the only people checking his story. Another entity had started checking his story back in December. I’ll keep everyone posted as things develop. Good work worriers.
Old 27 January 2016, 11:37
Doc McNasty

Thumbs up

I'm relieved to hear this. In the case I mentioned, I produced the Officer in question ENTIRE Navy service record, with the page 2/4/13 data of when exactly he was transferred where for the whopping 6yrs he was USN. (This was all done at the request of a former 1st Force platoon brother currently serving in the same dept). I faxed those docs, and even had a one-on-one with the Chief, on the record as an AD Recon guy. At the end of the day, however, they rallied around a bogus SEAL poseur. Sad.
Old 2 February 2016, 07:42

Quote:
I think my boss is lying about once being a PJ. We constantly catch him in lies and it's getting out of hand. The other day he said he did 20 jumps on his drill weekend. He says his unit works out of the pentagon and thats where he reports once a month. He is an E-9 and has almost 30 years of service in the ANG. His name is Gregory McWhorter and is about 54 years old. Is there any kind of data base out there that could help blow this guy up. I've got lots of funny stories of crap he's said.
My cousin Christopher DiCicco is a pretty bad ass dude and he wasn't able to finsh the PJ training. There is no way this guy did.
He is definitely making fake and crap stories to entertain you guys. Break down his stories and blow this guy up if you have doubts. Being a PJ is extremely mentally and physically challenging. Completing 20 jumps on drill weekend sounds really tough.
Old 2 February 2016, 10:59
BT,WBTWC

Will he soon be featured on This Ain't Hell?
Preferably with a photograph?
Old 5 February 2016, 22:03

Karma is a MF'r. Heard from colleague he was fired. No longer a Detroit PD!
Old 5 February 2016, 23:03
Been There Done That

He'll go to work for a different PD and start over...

This is the problem with being allowed to resign vs losing your commision...

Our new posting rules