Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 16 July 2016, 18:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSwarthy View Post
I try to keep at a broad political spectrum of friends in my FB feed, including rabid supporters from as many sides as I can collect. The attack in Nice is interesting because, since it has happened, not a single one of my friends has mentioned it. No condolences, no memes, no snarks, no French flags for profile pics. Total silence. Have any of you noticed the same thing?

-MacS
I noticed the exact same thing. All of my liberal and Democrat friends are completely silent on this. Particularly the ones from California. Given the all the draconian laws they passed to ban firearms recently, I'm not surprised.
Old 16 July 2016, 21:08
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
This should be front page news. I don't understand why citizens aren't encouraged to risk their lives to take down evil. Yeah, you may die. Yeah, you may not be the individual to take down the evil. But you will encourage others to do the same, which is what we really need in this age - people other than those who serve to risk their lives to save others.

"Here I am Lord. Send Me." IS 6:8

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." JN 15:13
Not to mention 'one day as a lion, than a life as a lamb'. Fuck it, why not give friends and family a hell of a story to retell every thanksgiving around the table?
Old 16 July 2016, 21:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike76233 View Post
I don't think so. I think the only time we will hear anything from the liberals regarding Islamic terrorism is when the attack is on our soil and it involves guns. They are only concerned with furthering their anti-gun narrative. I really believe that most liberals have no issue with these attacks. They are more interested in protecting Muslims and combating Islamophobia. Even the ones I know who have a problem with Islam would never be willing to do anything about it.

I just hope the right wing continues to grow as a result of these attacks and doesn't become complacent.

I guess what really matters is all those Pokemon waiting to be caught at the Nice crime scene.
Show them this:

Old 16 July 2016, 21:15
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike76233 View Post
I don't think so. I think the only time we will hear anything from the liberals regarding Islamic terrorism is when the attack is on our soil and it involves guns. They are only concerned with furthering their anti-gun narrative. I really believe that most liberals have no issue with these attacks. They are more interested in protecting Muslims and combating Islamophobia. Even the ones I know who have a problem with Islam would never be willing to do anything about it.

I just hope the right wing continues to grow as a result of these attacks and doesn't become complacent.

I guess what really matters is all those Pokemon waiting to be caught at the Nice crime scene.

Even when that happens, we are told how that isnt real islam, its the religion of peace, and they dont represent all muslims. And like you said, they will quickly turn it into a gun control issue.
Old 17 July 2016, 00:40
Confirmed User

Yup. It's just going to be more of the same. Unfortunately our only hope is the growing right wing.
Old 17 July 2016, 04:16
Psalm 91:2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
This should be front page news. I don't understand why citizens aren't encouraged to risk their lives to take down evil. Yeah, you may die. Yeah, you may not be the individual to take down the evil. But you will encourage others to do the same, which is what we really need in this age - people other than those who serve to risk their lives to save others.

"Here I am Lord. Send Me." IS 6:8

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." JN 15:13
I don't get it either. I figure I'm gonna die anyway so why not at least try to do something to stop it rather than being a sheep & waiting for my turn to die. For example one shooter with a significant number of victims ... Rather than hide & wait to be shot why not go after the shooter en masse? Yeah I might get shot but maybe I'm the one who shoots him or grabs the gun so he doesn't shoot anybody else. If enough people think this way & rush the shooter at the same time then pile on lives could be saved.

I guess my faith comes into play. If it's my time then it's my time & y'all can laugh at me because you don't agree or have different beliefs but I have faith I know where I'm going after death & it's not the end so no I would not take it standing still like a sheep.

Plus I'm stubborn. You want to kill me then I'm not making it easy for you. You're gonna have to work hard for it.

I may be the first one dead but will go out fighting.

People have said that's bold talk because you don't know how you're going to react until your life is on the line. I've been in a situation once where that was the case (a knife to my throat) and I fought and since I'm writing this post I won. Have some scars but I won.

I know I will get laughed at by some for this post but that's okay.

I'm alive so I won!

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 17 July 2016, 08:01
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
I don't get it either. I figure I'm gonna die anyway so why not at least try to do something to stop it rather than being a sheep & waiting for my turn to die. For example one shooter with a significant number of victims ... Rather than hide & wait to be shot why not go after the shooter en masse? Yeah I might get shot but maybe I'm the one who shoots him or grabs the gun so he doesn't shoot anybody else. If enough people think this way & rush the shooter at the same time then pile on lives could be saved.

I guess my faith comes into play. If it's my time then it's my time & y'all can laugh at me because you don't agree or have different beliefs but I have faith I know where I'm going after death & it's not the end so no I would not take it standing still like a sheep.

Plus I'm stubborn. You want to kill me then I'm not making it easy for you. You're gonna have to work hard for it.

I may be the first one dead but will go out fighting.

People have said that's bold talk because you don't know how you're going to react until your life is on the line. I've been in a situation once where that was the case (a knife to my throat) and I fought and since I'm writing this post I won. Have some scars but I won.

I know I will get laughed at by some for this post but that's okay.

I'm alive so I won!
Great post. Fight or Flight. Most choose flight apparently as they arent brought up to fight for themeselves.
An Uncle of mine taught me that if you rush a person, they more than likely will freeze up, because its unexpected. I used this tactic in one class years ago for anti terrorism hostage training. It worked great, even though I was "dead", so was he..Paint balls everywhere....
Old 17 July 2016, 08:26
The Sagacious One

Quote:
I don't get it either......your post

I'm alive so I won!
This is the problem with the liberal mindset, its how they mange the dignity of the sheep. "You don't need a gun.." we will protect you." Sleep and eat where we say, we will watch over you..." You cannot possibly care for yourself......

Then when the Hun strikes, divert the blame to an inanimate object.. "We tried to ban guns but they wouldn't let us..."

Remember, armed people are proud people and proud people cannot be herded. It erodes the very core of the liberal mentality.
Old 17 July 2016, 08:51
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I don't get it either. I figure I'm gonna die anyway so why not at least try to do something to stop it rather than being a sheep & waiting for my turn to die. For example one shooter with a significant number of victims ... Rather than hide & wait to be shot why not go after the shooter en masse?
IIRC, that is almost how the take down on the French train happened.
The way I remember it the young Air Force Medic rushed the guy with the AK and his buddies followed. AF guy took knife wounds, buddies subdued the shooter.

Started with one person acting.
Old 18 July 2016, 10:28
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
This is the problem with the liberal mindset, its how they mange the dignity of the sheep. "You don't need a gun.." we will protect you." Sleep and eat where we say, we will watch over you..." You cannot possibly care for yourself......

Then when the Hun strikes, divert the blame to an inanimate object.. "We tried to ban guns but they wouldn't let us..."

Remember, armed people are proud people and proud people cannot be herded. It erodes the very core of the liberal mentality.
Preach! If only more people understood this.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 18 July 2016, 10:59
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
It is also much harder to force an armed populace into train cars, and gas chambers. Bit by bit, extermination always follows confiscation. This, I believe, is what we really need firearms for. Not hunting and criminals, although those items are covered in the side benifits.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 18 July 2016, 11:54
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
The difference between a subject and a citizen is that a citizen is armed and has responsibility for himself.
Old 18 July 2016, 12:19
Violent Social Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0699 View Post
The difference between a subject and a citizen is that a citizen is armed and has responsibility for himself.
To recycle something I just read on the 2nd Amendment thread, armed citizens are a lot harder to round up in rail cars.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 18 July 2016, 17:46
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0699 View Post
+1911.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 20 July 2016, 04:01
Make a desert and call it peace.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ler-truck.html

More information about the guy who counterattacked the shithead, albeit somewhat unsuccessfully. There was another who jammed a scooter under the truck in an attempt to slow/stop the vehicle. Maybe KidA's French cousin. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 21 July 2016, 16:09
Confirmed User

Oh look!

The media was pushing the "not a Muslim terrorist but a disturbed self-radicalized individual that went off the rails when his gf left him" narrative really hard.

Now the French gov just released a statement saying that they have arrested six other individuals that were directly involved in the planning and execution of the attack. There are also strong indicators that they had started planning more than a year ago (and might initially had a date last year planned).

I wonder how they will spin these informations to fit their bs.
Old 21 July 2016, 23:10
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le3 View Post
I wonder how they will spin these informations to fit their bs.
They all got dumped by the same girl.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 22 July 2016, 11:03
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
They all got dumped by the same girl.
Hey.......maybe that goat decided she wanted a nice guy for a change......
Old 22 July 2016, 12:01
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwelder View Post
Hey.......maybe that goat decided she wanted a nice guy for a change......
The goat was white, so this is all due to racism.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 4 August 2016, 20:49
Confirmed User

Busses Torched in Paris Suburb

For the second time in 2 weeks, a group of people in a majority migrant area has put up an illegal roadblock, forced everyone off the bus and set it ablaze.

Any day now the French will figure it out.

http://www.leparisien.fr/saint-denis...16-6001479.php

Our new posting rules