Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 28 September 2016, 06:27
Orbi tertio spumae

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0699 View Post
I ran 3 miles in 22:40 this week. Not too shabby for pushing 50.
Running is my achilles heel. I can do everything I used to do back in the day except running. It gets embarrassing sometimes when I need to train for a job with a team of guys I just met and going for a jog together is the first thing on the agenda. Not a good first impression

@Steve: Don't let it get you down. At our age, when you're managing a host of aches and pains, and set-backs, as long as you're doing something, anything, to keep the wheels turning during the light-duty times it's better than nothing.

Last edited by Soutpiel; 28 September 2016 at 06:35.
Old 28 April 2017, 20:46
In Vino Veritas

Update?

For myself I was hovering at 217 for over a year, which isn't a good look for me and it gives ML a lot of shit talking room.

I dropped about 300-400 cals a day, keep it to 100g carbs which is all fruit and veggies, and stepped up my long slow runs (along with more biking). In three weeks I'm down 11 lbs., still another 11 lbs to go to get to my typical weight, but I'm aiming for sub 185 lbs as I'm pretty fast then. LOL, once I cut carbs and added in +6 mi runs the weight dropped pretty quickly.
Old 1 May 2017, 08:46
Confirmed User

I've been fighting some medical issues as of late in the form of A-fib and congestive heart failure. They did a cardio version to zap me back into sinus rhythm and put me on a handful of meds. They also found my heart has pauses of 20 seconds or more at times and want to see if the meds do the trick before talking pacemaker, internal defibrillator, and they even mentioned a transplant (worst case). It started as belly pains and I thought I just had to take a massive dump. I put on about 40lbs of water weight in three weeks, 30 of which I lost in the five days I spent in the hospital. My legs were so swollen the scar from my hip replacement looked like a second ass crack. At the moment I can clear for light lifting and walking and swimming for cardio.
Old 1 May 2017, 09:06
Been There Done That

Well damn. Sorry to hear that. Best wishes that you get well soon.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 1 May 2017, 11:28
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Well damn. Sorry to hear that. Best wishes that you get well soon.
Thank you, it might slow me down but it won't stop me. Well it might but I won't know it.

Our new posting rules